Everything But The Kitchen Sink Challenge

July 1, 2009 by

Welcome to our monthly Contest here at Core’dinations!

For this challenge we want you to grab something that is NOT a traditional scrapbooking tool. It could be something from the kitchen, the basement, or anything that will give you a cool effect (i.e., sanding over it, embossing it into the cardstock, dragging it over the cardstock, etc.).

Don’t be afraid to get creative! We love techniques here at Core’dinations.

Link your creations here by the 17th of July for a chance to win Prize:  (1) Super Assortment 12×12 – 80 sheets of cardstock and (1) WhiteWash collection assorted pack.

Here is some inspiration from our Design Team:

Lydia used the checkered plating from her husband’s trunk for this design:

Linda used the empty roll from her 3M foam tape for this card:

And Hera used her cooling rack for this fun layout:

We can’t wait to see what you creative projects you can do with Core’dinations. And make sure you stay tuned every month for out contests and check back for weekly inspiration.

Please make sure your entries for this are newly created and you must leave us a comment on this post with a link to your creation.

Comments

14 Responses to “Everything But The Kitchen Sink Challenge”
  1. http://ascrappers-delight.blogspot.com/2009/07/everything-but-kitchen-sink.html

This was a great challenge! I love using core’dinations cardstock and hadn’t ever thought about using something behind it to sand!

2. Ivanka says:

What a great challenge that got me thinking and on the lookout for fun things to use with Core’dinations cardstock. Here is my card.
    I used some of my husbands washers, ran them through the Sizzix BIGkick and sanded a bit.
    Thanks again, this was fun!
    Ivanka

3. Heather Bowser says:

Both of those are so clever! Great card and layout!

4. Trudi Wilbur says:

I love this challenge and I love using core’dinations too! I used the tires from a toy tractor and sanded the impression on my cardstock for my card. Here’s my card http://trudiwilbur.blogspot.com/2009/07/coredinations-first-challenge.html

5. Serena says:

what fun! I enjoyed it so much I did two layouts using the cheese grater and the cooling rack. the cheese grater made the circle under my title look like an orange which I loved. I also used a cooling rack under the horizontal piece of paper under the photo.

the second layout I used the same cheese grater and cooling rack under the sun and under my coredinations paper before I cut out the letters of summer and pool for my title – although it is hard to see – I think they nicely softened the letters in the title!

6. Serena Gedlaman says:

I am not sure what I am doing wrong but I don’t seem to be able to post – here is another try – sorry if this is a repeat!

7. party venues says:

Hi there, all the time i used to check blog posts here
    early in the break of day, as i love to learn more
    and more.

8. This is a really good tip especially to those new to the
    blogosphere. Brief but very accurate info… Thank you for sharing this one.
    A must read post!

9. Polly says:

Write more, thats all I have to say. Literally, it seems as
    though you relied on the video to make your point.
    You definitely know what youre talking about, why waste your intelligence
    on just posting videos to your blog when you could be giving us something informative to read?

10. It’s actually a great and useful piece of information. I am happy that you just shared this useful information with us. Please stay us informed like this. Thanks for sharing.

11. With havin so much written content do you ever run into any problems of plagorism or
    copyright violation? My site has a lot of unique content I’ve either written myself or outsourced but it appears a lot of it is popping it up all over the web without my permission. Do you know any techniques to help reduce content from being ripped off? I’d genuinely appreciate it.

12. Since the admin of this web page is working, no hesitation very soon it will be renowned, due to its
    feature contents.

13. No matter if some one searches for his vital thing, therefore he/she wants to be available that in detail, thus that thing is maintained over here.

14. Magnificent goods from you, man. I’ve understand your stuff previous to and
    you are just too excellent. I actually like what you have
    acquired here, certainly like what you’re stating and
    the way in which you say it. You make it entertaining and you still take care of to keep it wise.
    I cant wait to read far more from you. This is really a wonderful website.