It’s a Colorful Monday!

September 27, 2010 by

Here at the Core blog and we couldn’t be happier than to share this week with Stacy Julian! One of our new Core Impressions lines features Stacy’s amazing work. She has an eye for color that will just light up your day.

She put a blog post together for us today, too! We are going to be celebrating color and the Stacy Julian Core Impressions pack ALL WEEK LONG! Here she is in her own words:

I LOVE color! I love playing with colorful scrapbooking products, I love planning a colorful meal, I love surrounding myself with color at home—I even like to dress in a colorful way. Science tells us that there are approximately six million hues that are discernable to the human eye. Among these millions of colors there are a handful that consistently catch my heart. I ALWAYS respond to them in a positive way. They make me the happiest. I find that I am drawn to my “happy colors” regardless of where I find them.

For example, I love this green loveseat …

and I adore raspberry red, even when it’s not a raspberry…

I think orange Gerbera daisies are fabulous, but I love orange balloons and popsicles too.

This car (but mostly this color) makes me incredibly happy! My new office is painted this color.

The interesting thing is. I could walk into my creative studio right now and pull a dozen or more sheets of pattern paper that feature my happy colors—these that I’ve shared here, and others.

Once you know what your happy colors are, the process of purchasing, sorting and organizing Scrapbooking products is greatly simplified. I can more easily avoid purchasing items I don’t really love (even when they are on sale!) Depending on my mood and the needs of my page or project I can use my happy colors in combination with black, white or other neutrals or I can use them in combination with each other. As a bonus, the look and feel of my finished scrapbooks is unified as these colors are woven throughout!

I guess what I’m trying to say is, if you don’t know what your happy colors are, start paying attention—owning and loving and using your happiest colors is a wonderful way to celebrate your perspective and your life.

I’m absolutely thrilled that Core’dinations has created a collection pack with me—and I’ll be here all week to share color tips and tricks and perhaps even a few techniques.

Until tomorrow, I hope you’ll leave me a comment and share one or more of your happiest colors—I’m so curious to know!

Stacy Julian

Comments

21 Responses to “It’s a Colorful Monday!”
  1. I love blues and red

2. Michel E says:

Love purples, browns, blues.

3. Linda Beeson says:

RED has become MY color! RED anything, anytime, anywhere!!!

4. TracyBzz says:

I’ve realized that I’m not really drawn to ROY (red, orange, yellow). But I love all shades of GBIV (green, blue and purple) these are my favourites for everything from house decor to clothes to scrapbooking.

5. Kathleen S, says:

My favorites are lime green and turquoise, and, whoopie!, both are in your collection. I also like most greens and blues, and a few dashes of orange or pink. Yellow’s happy with blue or green. I’ll be watching for this collection!

6. Karen Hobbs says:

I have always been a blue girl.But sometimes I love orange and sometimes all the million shades of green will make me smile.My scrap room is pink! I think I really love them all!!! The brighter the better!

7. Cynthia B. says:

Reds, blues, and greens always find themselves onto my pages, but when I think of a “happy” color, I think of orange! :)

8. Gail Alcorn says:

I love almost any color of blue and am drawn to it almost like a magnet.

9. Merrick says:

I’m going with Orange but not any ol’ orange but a Rusty Sunset Orange.

10. Your happy colors are my happy colors too!! I am loving working with these wonderful papers. They truly do make me happy and inspire me to create. {{HUGS}}

11. I gotta go with Poinsettia red…or French Roast brown. Although…is kraft a colour? I’d pick that too!
    Stacy, your collection pack is an arm load of rainbow. Love it!

12. Katrina says:

LOVE color…..I think mine is Pink…but all the colors you have there are some of my favs too!! I find I pick orange a lot for things…so I am sure that is a Happy color for me!

13. Canay says:

My favorite colors are blue and green. But lately I have been attracted to yellow.

14. Ginny says:

Green always makes me happy. Love the colors you put together here!

15. Monica says:

My happy color is orange, like a halloween pumpkin. it always makes me smile.

16. My craft room is painted in the color teal – just something so soothing and inspiring about that color for me.

17. LeAnne says:

No color combo makes me happier then Lime Green and Hot Pink! LOVE Them together. They truly are my happy colors! Ever since I was a little girl!

18. Sandy L says:

Happy colors – turquoise, lime green and pink! These colors together or separately make me happy!

19. Tina Gagnon says:

My favorites are pink and gray, and anything rose to deep wine and ocean blue/aqua like the waters in the Caribbean.

20. Thank you a lot for sharing this with all of us you actually know what you are speaking about! Bookmarked. Please also discuss with my web site =). We can have a link change contract among us!

21. Victorina says:

Excellent, what a web site it is! This blog provides valuable information to us,
    keep it up.

Here is my web-site :: loss pills (Victorina)