Merry Christmas From Core’dinations
MERRY CHRISTMAS FROM CORE’DINATIONS CARDSTOCK!
Sarah Hodgkinson has a wonderful tutorial for us today. It’s perfect for this time of year.
Here’s a project that can be used each year as part of your festive giving and/or decorating. Create a take-out box which can be filled with Hershey Kisses or other wrapped candy and then used as a night time decoration to hang on a tree, sit on a mantel or perch at a foyer table.
– Abracadabra Black Magic cardstock (Core’dinations)
– Sanding block (Core’dinations)
– Kraft or white take-out box (i.e., Michael’s)
– White rubon letters (e.g., Maya Road)
– Mini-chipboard houses (Maya Road)
– Snowflake embossing folder or texture plate (Sizzix/Basic Grey) and diecutting machine (e.g., Big Shot by Sizzix)
– Paint (Making Memories)
– White pen (Uniball)
– Vellum- Layering tape (Helmar)
– Closet LED light with batteries (any dollar store)
– Paper trimmer
– Ruler- Pin or thumb tack
Here are some images of the supplies for you:
Now let’s get started:
- Take apart the take away box so that you can easily work with it. Using the white side of the Abracadabra cardstock, trace the shape of one side of the take away box. Cut it out using a paper trimmer. Using a ruler, measure ¼” in from each of the four sides and cut again using your paper trimmer.
- Emboss Abracadabra using a snowflake embossing folder. I used the new Basic Grey/Sizzix one for this project. Sand to reveal the white core.
- Paint three Maya Road mini-chipboard houses and allow to dry. Once dry, use a white pen to add “snow” to the roof and window of each house. Cut a small amount of vellum paper and adhere to the backside of each house to cover the windows.
- Cut small holes from the Abracadabra where the windows will be to allow the light through. Using a pin or thumb tack, poke holes into the embossed snowflakes to allow more light through.
- Attach the houses to the Abracadabra with layering tape. Rub the white letters for “Joy” onto the Abracadabra or another festive word.
- Glue Abracadabra to the kraft box. Reassemble the box. Place LED light in the bottom of the box. Fill with wrapped treats!
Stay tuned for the final Winner of the 12 Days of Techniques this week! We will be back after a few days “vacation” and some more inspiration. Don’t forget to leave a comment here to win the goodies from the last day and share your projects with us on Facebook. We would looove to see if you were inspired from our 12 Days of Techniques!