Core’Sages–Tutorial Tuesday!

February 8, 2011 by
Filed under Core Blog, Queen & Co.

So do you want to see our Make-n-Takes from CHA???   They were so CUTE and everyone loved them. They really showed off Core’dinations Cardstock and how versatile it is.   So bust our your Fiskars Paper Crimper and let’s get started.  And we want to give a huge shout out to Glue Arts for supplying us with the Extreme Adhesive Glue Squares for this. They worked brilliantly!

Hats off to Design Team Member Lydia Jackson for this awesome idea and Tutorial!

Steps to create Flower:

1. On the back of a 3×3 piece of cardstock draw a loose spiral.

2. Then tear the spiral shape, tearing away from your body.

3. Sand the torn edges of the flower to make them look antique

4.  Using petal roller or quilling tool, roll flower from the inside edge of the outer ring of the swirl

5.  When you get the the center circle, remove the flower from the tool.

6. Place an Glue arts adhesive square on the center circle and push the flower into it to hold.

Steps for Creating the Leaf:

1. Fold green cardstock in half.

2. Run it through a paper crimper on a 45 degree angle.

3. Cut  (or Tear) a half leaf shape along the fold.

4. Unfold and sand the textured side.

5 Adhere leaves to the bottom of your flower.

Voila you have a beautiful Core-sage!

Comments

24 Responses to “Core’Sages–Tutorial Tuesday!”
  1. These look amazing made with coredinations, I love them!!

2. bethann disciascio says:

wonderful flowers w stuff we already have, great

3. Erika Seever says:

GORGEOUS!! Thanks for the AWESOME tutorial

4. Donna W says:

Awesome is right! Have all those tools
    looking forward to making the flowers.
    Great tutorial! Thanks

5. Kemberlei says:

This is an awesome tutorial! I can’t wait to try this!

6. Debbie Cornish says:

Wow this looks like a candy flower you would find on a wedding cake…love it.

7. Very cute! Now I have to get my paper crimper back from Pinky!

8. Andrea says:

This is an awesome idea! Thanks for the tutorial!!!

Thanks for the great tutorial & inspiration! I can’t wait to give this a try.

10. Donna says:

This is such a pretty make and take, I have to make these!!

11. beth martin says:

perfect for a wedding cake! thank you for sharing this tut!

12. Krista says:

The first technique I learned to make spiral roses seemed to be a challenge and the flowers were tiny. Thus, I have made very few. Seeing your tutorial gave me the interest to try again. Thank you. Here is what I made. The red roses are made from core’dinations cardstock. I love the way the paper tears and creates a realistic flower.

13. marlene says:

Your flower is great, I wondered how it was done, saw it on a couple other web sites, but they never showed how to do it.
    thank you.
    Marlene

14. Krista says:

Ellen, thanks for looking at my post above. I have happily altered my post to send folks to this tutorial. Some have suggested I make a video. But Core already did so. It was YOUR idea!!
    Thanks again for the support.

15. kristin says:

So going to make these …they are sooo stinkin’ cute!!

16. Elizabeth P says:

Wow ! I made a flower similar in technique with a scalloped circle on plain cardstock. It was pretty – - but now I simply must make this exact project from the tut ! Love Core’dinations !!!!

17. CK Chai says:

The rose is so much gorgeous with the tearing effect when compared to my previous trial with cutting the spiral and thanks for sharing such an awesome tutorial!

18. Andie says:

Kewl you should come up with that. Exleclnet!

19. One thing about flower embellishments aside from the fact that they make adorable designs they are easy to make. Plus it could go with any theme, vintage, summer or etc as long as you use the right color and type of paper. Great tutorial. :)

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. [...] This post was mentioned on Twitter by Debbie Hodge and Paula Gilarde, Core'dinations. Core'dinations said: Check out the blog for an awesome Tutorial from Design Team Member Lydia Jackson. She was the creative mind behind… http://fb.me/SYxEYfNG [...]

2. [...] James from the Core’dinations Design Team shows how to create this flower, or core’sage using their textured core cardstock. Click here to go to the tutorial. You may also [...]

3. [...] seemed to be a challenge, and the flowers were tiny. Thus, I have made very few. Last week I saw this tutorial on Core’dinations. Their tutorial gave me the interest to try again. Thank you! The red roses are made from [...]

4. [...] E uma outra feita com cardstock liso {via Core’dinations ColorCore Cardstock®} [...]