Don’t forget. THERE ARE TWO CHANCES TO WIN CORE GOODIES going on RIGHT NOW! Head over to the BasicGrey blog to see how you can WIN TWO BasicGrey Core Impression packs!!!
AND we have our own challenge featuring Core Impressions…the old…the new…just use some Core Impressions on your layout for a chance to win your choice of any of CI packs (subject to availability) !!! Check out Details HERE. You don’t want to miss out on the chance to win that, do you???
Curious about how to make these? Well keep reading. We have a fabulous tutorial for you today from Design Team Member April Derrick!
– Pick out several core’rdinating colors of Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Cardstock and use a flower die to cut out several flowers
– Place each flower on top of a mouse pad and grab a small/medium sized stylus.
– Starting at the top of each flower petal, rub the end of the stylus in a circular motion working your way down the petal to the center of the flower. The petals will start curl in as you do this.
– When you are happy with the flowers, place them into a container or cardboard box for misting.
– Create your own shimmery glimmer mist by combining Ranger’s Perfect Pearls with water. Spray all of the flowers with your glimmer mist and let them dry.
* Note: I added about a 1/2 tsp of the “Perfect Pearl” powder to a 2 oz Ranger Mister bottle filled 3/4 of the way with water. You don’t have to make this much each time, I just like to keep this beautiful white mist on hand at all times so I have it ready whenever I need to add a little shimmer to my projects!
And here is the final project with some Black Magic all distressed and sanded for the background.Gorgeous!
– For this particular project, I layered the flowers together, punched a hole in the center, and then added a jeweled brad to the centers!