Back to School with Sweet Stamp Shop and Petaloo

August 27, 2012 by
Filed under Core Blog, Petaloo

DAY ONE!

Please note we updated this post with some directions for you on how to make this cute little project!

We have a fun week for you this week! We have teamed up with Petaloo and Sweet Stamp shop for some FUN! If you love flowers make sure you buy Petaloo flowers that core’dinate with our cardstock PERFECTLY!  No worrying about matching them yourself, we did that for you.

Don’t forget to head over to Petaloo blog and the Sweet Stamp Shop blog to check things out. I heard some rumors there are goodies up for grabs over there, too! (Keep  in mind SSS is PST time so they be up a bit later).

We will be giving away some goodies here on the blog for commenting ALL WEEK long and our Facebook page, too! Leave a comment over there about what the first day of school is like in your house!  I know it is a crazy day here!!! And if you don’t have kids in school then share a found memory you have about your first day of school.  We want to here it…we are gearing up for 8000 likes over there and can’t wait!

Today Design Team Member Char Dobson created this desktop calendar that is perfect for any teacher gift. Char used Cardinal cardstock that matches the Petaloo flowers and the Sweet Stamp Shop Against the Grain stamp set.  Don’t be afraid to stamp on that colored cardstock!!! Everyone needs a large woodgrain stamp, don’t you think?

Here are a few more shots for you…See how Char added a little Graphic 45 Signature Series Cardstock along the bottom?

See you tomorrow!

Want to make this for yourself?  Here’s the basic instructions for the calendar – if you have ever made an easel card; it is the same idea.

Cut a piece of Core’dinations cardstock 6″ x 12″ and fold in half. Then fold one end towards the center. This is the easel base. Cut a Core’dinations cardstock mat at 6″ x 4″ and a decorative piece for stamping or embossing at 5 3/4″ x 3 3/4″. Embellish as desired. Adhere mat to the long piece of cardstock that was folded in so that the bottoms line up (refer to first photo in the blog post if you’re not sure about this). The tiny piece I have under the sticky note pad is 6″ x 1″, and I got the printable calendar pages here:http://www.asensoft.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/two-months-blank-calendar-template-723×1024.jpg

Comments

72 Responses to “Back to School with Sweet Stamp Shop and Petaloo”
  1. Jill Rugg says:

What a great teacher gift!

2. Brenda B says:

This would be perfect on my desk! Thanks for the inspiration.

3. Cathy says:

Great gift idea. Home made Christmas presents – YES.

4. Miriam Prantner says:

What a sweet project, great gift idea! Thanks!

5. Tiffany says:

I love this! This would be a nice gift for my desk. :)

I am a Pre-K teacher, so the first day of school is exciting and tiring at the same time!! I meet my new set of children and their parents which is great! But it’s definitely tiring as some of the children are entering school for the very first time and are quite “attached” to their family. But I love being a teacher and I wouldn’t change it for anything in the world! ♥

6. Emma Bourke says:

Great gift ideas. My two children are too little for school yet :)

7. Angela Ballou says:

Great idea! What a wonderful little gift!
    Pinning it!

8. Smokie says:

This would be great for anyone’s desk! And yes, I need a woodgrain stamp.

9. Diana says:

Great for all occasions. Thanks.

10. Caryn S. says:

This is a great project and would make a lovely teacher gift for sure!

The first day of school is actually the only day of school for the year when I can expect everything to go like clockwork. The kids are so excited to go back and see their friends that they are organized and ready in plenty of time. Every other day has them scrambling to put on shoes and shoving breakfast in their mouths while running pell-mell for the bus!

11. Michele D says:

This desktop calendar is really beautifully made!

12. silvia haynes says:

LOVE the calendar/notepad!!!

13. Sue D says:

Great idea for a teacher gift! First day of school always had a picture of the kids either getting on or getting off the bus.

14. Lezlye says:

This is a great idea! I have made post it note holders and stand up cards but never combined the two! Great Job!

15. Super cute idea! I am going to make a bunch of these up to give as a “thank you” to all my customers! Thank you for the fun inspiration this morning!

16. Cheryl Cohen says:

What a sweet little calendar! This would be a QUICK and EASY gift to make for a teacher! We love it!

17. {vicki} says:

oh i love this
    tfs

18. Jean Marmo says:

Just so cute!! Very good gift idea!~

19. Donna W says:

Kids are all grown and gone but my favorite first day of school was in
    High School when I got the best History teacher. He was (we were told) the person to make history very interesting. He did and I love history to this day!

20. Marcy F says:

Like the gift idea.

21. michele d says:

I used to love the first day of school, seeing freinds you had not seen all summer and getting to wear your new dress and shoes .

22. Andrea Amu says:

Looks great, Char!

23. I love this calendar. Is there anywhere I can see the measurements to make my own??

24. corrie wagner says:

The first day is usually filled with tears, great calender

25. This is FANTASTIC!!! And I LOVE that ribbon!!

26. Oh my gosh how cute is this?! I love it! Thanks for this idea!

27. Michel E says:

Love this project.

craftymom205 at yahoo dot com

28. Joyce Brann says:

Where do I get the measurements? Nice projects.

29. colortypes says:

I love finding out who my form teacher was going to be. The surprise!

30. Cynthia B. says:

Cute cute project! Love that it looks great and is so practical too.
    It was my kids’ first day of school, and it was a whirlwind – all that prep and it went by so fast. They both came home with papers to sign and reminders of STUFF we have to do/get. We’ll see how day 2 goes…always harder to get up the second day. ;)

31. Kristen says:

Excellent project! Very useful. Around here first day is alot different than it was, I just have a Junior higher left. So our first day is about getting up early, showering and primping and makeup and then she is ready 20 minutes early since she is so excited. School doesn’t start till next week for her, so we are knee deep in clothes shopping then the first day she will come back with a supplies list for all classes the MUST be had by the next day LOL same thing every year. :)

32. Char – what a fantastic project! Instructions please?!?! My favourite school memory is all the new school product and covering the books with my own creations even way back then

33. Cindi says:

I have a group of my friends and all of us love to stamp!
    We get together once a month and share our card and paper
    crafting ideas…This Desktop Calendar is really wonderful
    and I hope to make one for each of my stamping friends…
    Many thanks, Cindi

34. Angie says:

What a cute post-it note gift!! Thanks for the chance

35. Shawn Wenrich says:

What a great project, really nice work!

36. Indy says:

Well, the project is fabulous! As for the first day of school, I don’t have children, but I am a teacher. I got up early, got ready, went to school, and realized I still had a zillion things to do before the first bell. Not everything got done, but the kids were amazing!

37. Julie Shearer says:

Great gift idea. My kids are all done with school. I do remember the first days….they were hecktic, to say the least. lol

38. Piali says:

Awesome idea!!! This will make a great Teacher’s gift!! Love it!

39. Kim H says:

Great project, love the color too. Thank you for sharing and the chance to win.

40. Emily says:

Really cute project! One memory I have of waking up for school is a Sesame Street alarm clock I had…I always dreaded it going off!

41. Carla Hundley says:

Don’t have any children, but I like seeing all
    the new clothes available for kids. Such cute
    clothes.

Carla from Utah

42. Beth W says:

This is so darn cute.My favorite memory is of my oldest son’s first day. I was taking pictures and I have a great one of him with his hand on his hip,scowling because I was embarrassing him!

43. Romy says:

Such a lovely project!

44. That is a great project!
    On my daughter’s first day of school she was so excited until it was time for me to leave, then she decided she didn’t want to stay without me. I felt so bad when I left her with her teacher crying. When I picked her up, she was all smiles and had decided that school would be ok.

45. DebbieC. says:

This desk calendar is wonderful.
    I work in a school office and it would be
    the perfect thing to have beside the phone.

46. Gail Fesslerr says:

I was looking for a teacher gift idea…this is perfect….thanks for the idea.

47. Amanda Parham-Hall says:

Luv this little calendar/notepad:) Thanx! ~prhmangel@gmail.com

48. Char Dobson says:

Hey everyone! Here’s the basic instructions for the calendar – if you have ever made an easel card; it is the same idea. :)

Cut a piece of Core’dinations cardstock 6″ x 12″ and fold in half. Then fold one end towards the center. This is the easel base. Cut a Core’dinations cardstock mat at 6″ x 4″ and a decorative piece for stamping or embossing at 5 3/4″ x 3 3/4″. Embellish as desired. Adhere mat to the long piece of cardstock that was folded in so that the bottoms line up (refer to first photo in the blog post if you’re not sure about this). The tiny piece I have under the sticky note pad is 6″ x 1″, and I got the printable calendar pages here: http://www.asensoft.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/11/two-months-blank-calendar-template-723×1024.jpg

49. Lisa P says:

That is so cute. I love this and may have to make one myself. Thanks for sharing.

50. Becky D says:

Oh my goodness, I love this! I think this would be a great gift for anybody! Will have to try this project for some friends of mine :)