Helmar Day Two…It’s Magical Don’t You Think?

November 6, 2012 by
Filed under Core Blog, Helmar Adhesives

Like Black Magical?! Yep, that’s  a real phrase ’round here at Core’dinations.

We are here with Helmar this week and couldn’t be more excited! We have gorgeous projects all week long for you.

Make sure you say “hi” from us over on the Helmar Facebook page AND they have some awesome boards over on Pinterest, too!  And…you know how it goes here… comment here on the Core blog all week long for a chance to WIN some FAB Core’dinations goodies all for yourself. Comment every day for more chances to win!!! And, of course…check in over at the Helmar Blog for more inspiration.

Today we have Designer Shaunte Wadley creating for us using one of our favorites, Black Magic Cardstock. Get out that Sand it Set because sanding Black Magic is F-U-N!

Here is a little bit about  this layout from Shaunte: ” I used Black Magic for everything but the journaling and the Flowers. Those are Whitewash (journaling) and Core Essentials (flowers.) I think it is pretty cool how well the colors matched between collections.
The title letters were a fun technique!  I distressed them–the letters were too narrow for pop-dots–I would have had to cut them down a lot,  so the Liquid Scrap Dots worked great! The end result looks like crumpled chipboard because of the dimension the Scrap Dots gave the letters.
I used the 450 Quick Dry adhesive as a base for glitter to stick to, to give a sort-of custom brad look to my side border on the photo.

Brilliant! Enjoy!

Close up of the liquid Scrap Dots:

And some of the 450 Quick Dry Adhesive:

Comments

47 Responses to “Helmar Day Two…It’s Magical Don’t You Think?”
  1. Caryn S. says:

Wow! Love doing projects with rainbows but this one is really fantastic, the Black Magic with the colors peeking through is so dramatic.

2. L.r. Smith says:

I LOVE THIS, I seriously have to get my hands on some of this paper.. I just think the above project is sooooooooo adorable….

3. MaryLouH says:

I just bought a Fir tree die. I’m planning on using my core’dinations paper for the trees. After they are embossed I can sand them and get a weathered look.
    Christmas cards designed, now I need to get in and start working.

4. Liquid scrap dots?!? Where have I been!?! Seems like something super cool to me! Love the close-ups! Fab layout!

5. Miriam Prantner says:

What a cool layout! Love the pops of color from the core and the rainbow you created!

6. Carla Hundley says:

Such a pretty and colorful layout!
    Enjoying the projects.

Carla from Utah

7. Kim H says:

Love this layout, beautiful colors, I love my black magic LOL and my scrap dots. thank you for sharing and the chance to win.

WOW WOW WOW

Shaunte’s layout is STUNNING – LOVE the design, colours, layers, textures, scoring, sanding … ALL OF IT!!!

YES, it is great how the colours match between collections.

PS – This week it is great seeing Helmar work so well with the challenges the Core’dinations DT are putting it through. I am a self confessed 450 Quick Dry addict and this week I am getting tempted to try more from the Helmar range :)

9. Cynthia B. says:

oh, I do love the pops of rainbow color on this page! Faabulous use of the Black Magic cardstock!

10. Lynda says:

Black Magic cardstock is so striking on a project!

11. DebbieC says:

Great layout. Core’dination papers really do blend well together.
    I need to find some Helmar’s Liquid scrap dots

Love this layout! The Helmar adhesives work great with the Core.

13. Brenda B says:

Black Magic is going on my wish list!

14. sharon gullikson says:

Oh so cool!!! I love the rainbow of colors, too.

15. Oh my! This is so gorgeous! Love how you made the rainbow, and the sanded edges of the flowers. Just wonderful!

16. Love the strips of color with the Black Magic and flowers. The black and white photo looks great framed by the rainbow of colors.

17. KellyG says:

So creative, love this!

18. Andrea Amu says:

This is so gorgeous!

19. SuzanneQ says:

Wow! That Black Magic really makes those color pop! I’ve never tried Helmar’s liquid Scrap Dots, but I’m definitely going to check it out. Sounds like a product I would use a lot.

20. Carol B says:

Love this project and the use of Black Magic!

Carol B
    ciaoitalia2007(at)gmail(dot)com

21. Trine says:

Oh my! This is THE most fantastic layout. Like ever! Totally have to lift it :-)

22. Julie A. Shearer says:

Love this !! The colors really pop against the Black Magic . It’s like Magic ! lol

23. Louise says:

love that effect, I need to get some of that black magic and try it

24. Denise Bryant says:

Fabulous page! Great colors and textures! Looks fabulous!
    DeniseB

25. Dorina D says:

Fun layout with the bright flowers and the wonderful core paper. Great tutorial on using the liquid glue dots. Thanks.

26. Some genuinely excellent information, Sword lily I detected this. “Treat your friends as you do your pictures, and place them in their best light.” by Jennie Jerome Churchill.

27. Helmar Day Two…It’s Magical Don’t You Think? : Core’dinations ColorCore Cardstock® | Scrapbook Cardstock Paper, Projects, Tips, Techniques and More!

28. Helmar Day Two…It’s Magical Don’t You Think? : Core’dinations ColorCore Cardstock® | Scrapbook Cardstock Paper, Projects, Tips, Techniques and More!

29. Helmar Day Two…It’s Magical Don’t You Think? : Core’dinations ColorCore Cardstock® | Scrapbook Cardstock Paper, Projects, Tips, Techniques and More!

30. Helmar Day Two…It’s Magical Don’t You Think? : Core’dinations ColorCore Cardstock® | Scrapbook Cardstock Paper, Projects, Tips, Techniques and More!

31. Helmar Day Two…It’s Magical Don’t You Think? : Core’dinations ColorCore Cardstock® | Scrapbook Cardstock Paper, Projects, Tips, Techniques and More!

32. beats by dre says:

33. Helmar Day Two…It’s Magical Don’t You Think? : Core’dinations ColorCore Cardstock® | Scrapbook Cardstock Paper, Projects, Tips, Techniques and More!

34. Helmar Day Two…It’s Magical Don’t You Think? : Core’dinations ColorCore Cardstock® | Scrapbook Cardstock Paper, Projects, Tips, Techniques and More!

35. Helmar Day Two…It’s Magical Don’t You Think? : Core’dinations ColorCore Cardstock® | Scrapbook Cardstock Paper, Projects, Tips, Techniques and More!

36. Helmar Day Two…It’s Magical Don’t You Think? : Core’dinations ColorCore Cardstock® | Scrapbook Cardstock Paper, Projects, Tips, Techniques and More!

37. air max 95 says:

38. Helmar Day Two…It’s Magical Don’t You Think? : Core’dinations ColorCore Cardstock® | Scrapbook Cardstock Paper, Projects, Tips, Techniques and More!

39. Helmar Day Two…It’s Magical Don’t You Think? : Core’dinations ColorCore Cardstock® | Scrapbook Cardstock Paper, Projects, Tips, Techniques and More!

40. Helmar Day Two…It’s Magical Don’t You Think? : Core’dinations ColorCore Cardstock® | Scrapbook Cardstock Paper, Projects, Tips, Techniques and More!

41. Helmar Day Two…It’s Magical Don’t You Think? : Core’dinations ColorCore Cardstock® | Scrapbook Cardstock Paper, Projects, Tips, Techniques and More!

42. Helmar Day Two…It’s Magical Don’t You Think? : Core’dinations ColorCore Cardstock® | Scrapbook Cardstock Paper, Projects, Tips, Techniques and More!

43. Helmar Day Two…It’s Magical Don’t You Think? : Core’dinations ColorCore Cardstock® | Scrapbook Cardstock Paper, Projects, Tips, Techniques and More!

44. jcpenney.cc says:

You really ensure it is appear very easy with the presentation but I locate this matter being actually one thing which I feel I’d never understand. It form of feels way too complicated and vast for me. I am taking a look ahead on your next submit, I’ll attempt to get the hold of it!

Trackbacks

Check out what others are saying about this post...
  1. nike tn says:

nike tn…

Helmar Day Two…It’s Magical Don’t You Think? : Core’dinations ColorCore Cardstock® | Scrapbook Cardstock Paper, Projects, Tips, Techniques and More!…

2. CHEAP LOUIS VUITTON HANDBAGS…

3. セイコー腕時計…