Terrific Tuesday Tip…Spanish Moss

First up…we want to THANK YOU THANK YOU for all of the amazing Design Team applications. WOWOWOWOWOW is all we can say. This is not going to be easy. If you were here the other week  you saw that our David Tutera Celebrate Cardmaking system debuted some EXCLUSIVE kits on HSN  so make sure you get yours HERE!

We are working on the Design Team applications and should have an answer for you SOOOOOOOOOOOON!  I just got back from a Holiday long-weekend so once we get caught up we will let you know.

Today we have some more Spring inspiration for you!

Here is a little bit about this project from Andrea and how she used some Spanish Moss on her project. It looks so GREAT with the earth tones from the Tim Holtz Kraft-Core collections.

I cut elements from a sheet of the Spring Seasonal  Impressions cardstock and then I sanded them and applied Paper Glaze medium to each piece before mounting them over the exact same areas of the teal Spring Seasonal Core Impressions page. I used the light colored Kraft Shattered cardstock for my backround and covered the surface with Tim Holtz Distress Stain in Wild Honey to bring out the crackling. My nest and egg were die cut using the Picturesque Cricut cartridge. I used more Shattered Kraft in brown and teal blue and distressed the edges of the nest a bit with a tool before tucking in some Spanish Moss for realistic texture.

And a close up of that fabulous detail:

Love the look of the Spanish moss with the Tim Holtz Kraft Core Shattered!

Happy Spring! Stay tuned for more Easter Projects this week. We have some good ones!

Comments

11 Responses to “Terrific Tuesday Tip…Spanish Moss”
  1. Cool work Andrea – beautiful page!

2. Love your little nest with the egg…love that shattered cardstock…will have to get some of that :0)
    Hugs
    Heather

3. Suzi says:

Great work! TFS!

4. Melonie says:

This is really pretty Andrea!

LOVE the colours, textures and layers Andrea!!!

Your nest is really cute too :)

6. Juliana says:

What a fabulous Spring project! I love how you used the spanish moss to create the little nest!!!

7. Lynda says:

Beautiful project! Love the colors! So creative to layer the words too!

8. Admiring the time and effort you put into your site and in depth information you offer. Ita?s excellent to come across a weblog every once in a while that isna?t the same out of date rehashed material. Great read! Ia?ve saved your site and Ia?m including your RSS feeds to my Google account.

9. It’s become somewhat an oddity to find superior article content these days. I was pleasantly surprised to find this well written article. There are many logical points made that made me reflect on this topic.

10. You are my inhalation, I have few web logs and sometimes run out from brand .

11. candy says:

We are engaged in to manufacture supplying and
    exporting of Metal Detector for sweets is the time to consume food even if it
    is suspected they have swallowed something poisonous, doctors said.
    Goodbar and Krackel Upon hearing the phrase Sweets bar, they think of a
    Sweets bar fundraiser your organization will only have to buy the brands
    they know, the one that appeals. Everyone loves candies and chocolate
    are all high in calories and fat. Why not be the first to send us your review!