Earth Day How To

April 22, 2013 by
Filed under Core Blog, Graphic 45, Jenni Bowlin

We normally do our Tutorials on Tuesday BUT in honor of Earth Day we have a really great project from Designer Lydia Jackson using her Core. For this project Lydia used the BRAND NEW Graphic 45 lights collection. The colors of this line are beautiful.

Last week Lydia posted this layout where she printed directly on her cardstock. Once she printed it, she realized that it was too small so it went into the scrap pile.

Hmmm..what to do …what to do?  Well, her to crafty little guys figured it out! Punch it, emboss it and then sand it for the perfect card!

And a close-up:

Queen & Co Pearls, Jenni Bowlin Studios Butterfly, SRM stickers.

Comments

10 Responses to “Earth Day How To”
  1. Shaunte says:

Brilliant, Lydia! I frequently have scraps that look just like that!

2. Great idea! I love finding ways to use up scrap pieces.

3. Awesome Card Lydia!

4. Donna W says:

love it – I made 7 cards today and used only scraps to embellish them.

Lovely card Lydia!!!

6. Andrea Amu says:

Wonderful idea, Lydia, and it looks fabulous!

7. Ava Gavloski says:

love it, upcycling at its best. I too like that embossed framing technique around the edges of a project….

8. Louise says:

cute card! that new G45 lights collection green is my new favorite cardstock color, I’ve been using it for everything!

9. This type of content is interesting to me but your’s is so different. The amount of detail and work that I see in this article is impressive. I really like your take on this topic.

10. I’m a volunteer who may have to do a presentation on this issue
    in the near future. Could you point me in the correct way for
    a high-quality reference or resource I could research?