Say Hello Kim Moreno!

May 24, 2013 by
Filed under Basic Grey, Core Blog

Happy Friday!
Today we have Kim Moreno!
Here is a little bit about Kim:

Hi y’all! My name is Kim Moreno and I am excited to once again be joining the Core team!

I am a mom of 5 kids ranging from 17 to 11 year old twins… 3 boys and 2 girls! You will see them show up all over the pages I create. I have been married for almost 20 years to my retired Air Force husband. I am currently living in a small town in Texas and my husband works out of town so all of the daily life activities (and there are many!) are left to me… so to say my world is a little busy would probably be an understatement! I also work part time as a preschool teacher at my church during the school year and I am the director for VBS for my church as well.

I have been scrapping for around 10 years now and have had the privelage to have been published in all the major magazines and have had several covers as well. I have worked for many popular manufacturers and kit clubs over the years. I enjoy scrapbooking and recording the everyday memories of my life. I am also a big cardmaker! I currently design for the Gossamer Blue kit club and PSA Essentials stamps.

Check out my blog here: http://www.livingthecircuslife.blogspot.com

And Kim gave us a description of super cool 8.5×11″ layout…keep reading!
I trimmed the Basic Grey Ornate paper to 8.5”x11 and sand it slightly. Then I used my Scor-Pal to emboss lines around the edge of my layout, then I sanded them slightly to stand out. I backed my photo in the white cardstock and then adhered it onto more Basic Grey Ornate paper and sanded it all and then tore the edge to reveal the pink core. I tore another piece and layered it behind the first torn piece for a fun look. I then punched several different sized circles from the Ornate collection and layered them around my layout and added different colored brads and letter stickers to complete my layout!

And some details…love this idea of  the circles and brads with the Core Impressions. No embossing needed!
Supplies:
Core’dintions Core Impressions- Basic Grey Ornate and Whimsy collections
Core’dinations Core Essentials (snowflake and french roast)
Simple Stories brads embellishments
Scor Pal
Jillibean Soup letter stickers
Marvy Uchida and Martha Stewart punches
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How about a winner of the Darks Collection pack?
Deadra Wagner says:

Welcome Vivian!! Beautiful layouts that brings your blooms to life. I so need to win this one, as I have an SD card full of flowers from Hawaii, Tennessee, and Nevada desert.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Speaking of supplies……who wants some Vintage Cardstock??? Comment to win win win!
Please note we will only be posting Monday through Friday. Winner this weekend will be posted on Tuesday due to the holiday weekend here in the States. Winner will win a pack of Core’dinations Cardstock. The cardstock pack may vary due to availability. Winners must email ellen_sosnoski@coredinations.com by June 7  to claim their prizes with the cardstock they won in the subject line.  Please include address and phone number in the email.

Comments

78 Responses to “Say Hello Kim Moreno!”
  1. Karen Schroeder says:

Love your layout, Kim! Also love the Vintage Collection…I would be so great to win it…the colors are so cool!

2. Cynthia B. says:

Hi, Kim! Love your page with the clustering of those different colors of BG core! Just reading about you, I know you’re a talented lady to keep everything going while your husband travels. Great to learn more about you, and looking forward to seeing more of your projects. :)

3. Carla Hundley says:

Really like the
    embossing on the
    flowers.
    Carla from Utah

4. Deadra Wagner says:

Hi Kim, omg….. Love love love what you did with this layout. Simple yet so detailed all at the same time. I have to have this to teach my classes with. Just can’t say enough about this paper!

5. Alicia C says:

Great layout. Love the colors on the paper and coordinating brads and stickers. Really like the layers of circles and of course the coordination a paper. Too cool!

6. Debi says:

Kim, love your layout. So simple yet, can’t wait to borrow your idea with the brads.

7. Lynda says:

That kind of Coredinations looks really cool! I looked it up in your Products section. I like that it already comes with the sanded finish because it saves time!

8. Rachel Middleton says:

Beautiful layout. I love that while the embossed pieces on your layout are pre-embossed I can still use the idea with the ColorCore paper I have and emboss and sand for the same effect.

9. Kelli Smith says:

The embellishments and color scheme Kim used add depth to an already beautiful layout. Really love the Vintage collection, it’s like having a beautiful rainbow at your fingertips.

10. Joyce says:

Very retry pages!

11. Joyce says:

Sorry. I can’t spell on this darn iphone! Should say. Very pretty pages!

12. Ava Gavloski says:

such a great showcasing of the core, Kim…

13. Karen Smee says:

I like your use of the brads with the circles. Love the paper colours.

14. Trina C says:

Very nice layout. The paper colors are very pretty.

15. Dorina D says:

Welcome Kim. Love your layout and the details on it. Great job and I can’t wait to see what else you do. So fun. Love the Vintage Collection. these colors are fabulous,.

16. Sue D says:

Wonderful layout–I like the colors and the circles.

17. Beneta says:

Cute layout. Definitely going to Scraplift. lol Thanks

Great getting to know you Kim!!! What an exciting crafty life you have – looking forward to seeing lots more of your work!!!
    Your layout is fabulous – love your layered Core and circle clusters too – they are my favourite shape to craft with :)

I love everything about this layout!

20. Julie A. Shearer says:

Great layout . TFS .

21. Gloria says:

Kim, just loving the embellishments. Definitely trying this!

22. Gloria says:

Great embellishments. I keep telling people that you can use scraps to make your own embellishments to spread out your scrappy budget – and these show just how.

23. Denise says:

Beautiful arrangement! Welcome to the team Kim!

24. Lisa P says:

Welcome, Kim! Love the circles and the added fun the brads give to your layout.

25. That is too cool and fun! I am going to make one right now!!

26. What amazing layout love the papers and the colors the embossing is super cool looking. thanks for sharing and for the chance to win.

27. Carla Hundley says:

Great use of the
    circles and brads.
    Really add to the
    picture.
    Carla from Utah

28. Norwalk-born Ursulina really likes ヴィトン on-line games, crochet. Lastly, the things that she treasure most is watching an vancouver canucks icehockey game.