Xyron + Core = one lucky recipient!

March 7, 2014 by
Filed under Core Blog, Hot Topics

Hi there, Core’dinations friends. Vivian Keh here today with a Clean and Simple card for St. Patty’s Day. Most of my projects are usually anything but CAS, but I think it’s very important to stretch one’s crafty muscles now and then. It gives me an opportunity to appreciate the skills of folks who design in styles other than mine as well as a chance to see if it’s time to venture into new crafty territory.

VivianKehCASCoreCard_1 For my card, I started out with a bright and happy hue from our Core’dinations “Vintage” Collection, plus a great cutting file for my Silhouette Cameo, #25132 by Sweet Afton. This cutting file has three great borders, including horseshoes and fun St. Patty’s text in addition to the pretty clover strand you see here. I adore accentuating edges of my Core’dinations Cardstock with a delicate sanding of the edges. With these more intricate die-cuts, I do the sanding with a light hand so as not to tear any of the stems.

VivianKehCASCoreCard_2Have I shared with you how much I adore my Xyron X Sticker Maker? A crafty friend online introduced me to this tool awhile back, and it now sits on my craft table at all times, making adhering strips like these a complete breeze.

VivianKehCASCoreCard_3My die-cuts went onto a background of Creme Brulee from our Graphic 45 Signature Series. I love this particular cream because it’s very fresh. For a bit of shine, I added some Glossy Accents from Ranger to the clover strip and some text that was also die-cut from my Silhouette, file #39508 by Jamie Koay.

VivianKehCASCoreCard_AAnd a few gems from my stash to liven up the white space a little bit but stay within the world of CAS. I rounded the top corner of my cream piece and my green base in order to bring the eye upward. Thanks so much for visiting with me here today!

-Vivian

SUPPLIES:
Core’dinations: Vintage  Collection, Graphic 45 Signature Series, Sand-It Gadget, Dust Buddy
Silhouette: File #25132 by Sweet Afton, File #39508 by Jamie Koay
Xyron: X Sticker Maker
Ranger: Glossy Accents
Self-adhesive Gems
We R Memory Keepers: Corner Chomper

Comments

13 Responses to “Xyron + Core = one lucky recipient!”
  1. Adorable card Vivian@ Love it!

2. Ava Gavloski says:

great card Vivian, you showcase the Core’dinations Cardstock beautifully.

3. barbara macaskill says:

Love this card!! The G45 Signature Series are some of my favorite Coredinations papers to work with.
    I don’t know what I would do without my Xyron X machine! I have one in my bedroom and kitchen then and 2 in my craft room!! You can never have too many of these wonderful tools!! I have given so many of them as gifts that I should buy Xyron stock! TFS!

4. Heather Thompson says:

i love my xyron, I just picked up a smaller one. I love the lucky clovers those are great!! Great card!!

5. Beautiful card love the papers and the glassy look.

BEAUTIFUL card Vivian!!!

LOVE your CAS design with the single rounded corner & bling!!! It is amazing what you can do with a Silhouette and great to hear that you are now using a Xyron – they are handy for fiddly bits & strips, mine sits at the front of my adhesive drawer in my craft trolley :)

7. Such nice projects! Thanks for sharing them with us.

8. Sun says:

Check out our site for information on Roku boxes.

9. Sun says:

Great article here. Thanks a lot for your inside information.

10. Janean says:

Great article. Will be adding this site to my bookmark for future references. Keep up the good work :)

11. There are many types of tiles available nowadays.
    The method of tile cleaning will depend more on the
    tile type. However there are couple of things to be followed to add the sheen and glow of the tiles.

Do the regular floor cleaning
    Clean the spills as soon as they occur

It is very crucial to clean dirt and water too as soon as
    they are split to prevent the stains. Place a doormat which helps
    in reduction of mud or dirt entering through footsteps.

There are basically following tile floors where in one will use
    the tile and grout cleaning process, types of tiles are as follow

Ceramic
    Porcelain
    Stone

Porcelain Tile cleaning

Porcelain tiles maintenance is not difficult if the surface is cleaned regularly.
    The surface can be vacuum cleaned every day or just sweep it.
    The wet mopping is required once in a week. Use of mild floor cleaners will do for the mopping.
    One can make it at home by mixing vinegar and water.

Ceramic Tile Cleaning

The rule is followed here as well; remove the dirt as soon as possible.

Vacuum clean the tiles every day or a simple broom can be used.

Plain water or the special ceramic tile cleaners can be used for the
    wet mopping.

Stone Tile Cleaning

One need to be careful while cleaning the tiles made of stones as they are natural minerals.

Never use harsh floor cleaners. Sweep or vacuum clean. After using any floor cleaner use a dry mop to soak any type of liquid residue.

Grout Cleaning

Along with the tile cleaning it is very important to regularly clean the grout, i.e.
    the lines between the tiles. Hence tile and grout cleaning goes
    simultaneously. Grout is porous in nature and
    attracts dirt, grease etc. The surface looks shabby if the grout is unclean. It can also be
    a cause of mildew or mould in the damp areas like bathrooms.
    It is best to have a seal (colour or clear) on the grout which will not only protect the surface
    but also acts as an anti-fungal agent.

Many a times it gets difficult to maintain the floor due to hectic working schedules.
    Hence we come in picture and provide the tile
    and grout cleaning services to our clients at a very affordable price.
    Moreover the price depends on the type of the tiles, number of tiles and size of the tiles to be cleaned.

Following steps are followed for the tile and grout cleaning after you contact us-

Pre inspection of the tiles and floor.
    Shifting of the furniture, if any, from that space.
    Dry Sweeping of the surface
    Application of the suitable cleaning solution.
    Cleaning the surface with a soft pad.
    High pressure cleaning
    Mopping and drying the surface.

We have our experts who carry special tools to do the tile and grout cleaning; the grout sealing is also done if ordered.

My blog; tile clean Las Vegas NV

12. You just make it look so simple.I get frazzeled trying to figure out the tech side.

13. This You must participate in a contest for among the best blogs on the web. I will suggest this web site!