Core’dinations Cardstock is such a great weight to use with different mediums! Today I am sharing a tutorial for the simple and pretty multi-media layout I made with lots of Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection.
The Crafter’s Workshop Mini Cloud & Poppies Stencils
Ranger Tim Holtz Adirondack Snow Cap Mixative
Dick Blick Modeling Paste
To create this 12×12 layout:
1). Sand & dust 1/2″ border around the 12×12 Kraft-Core No. 15 background
2). Cut, sand (especially distressing the edges) & then dust with Dust Buddu:
a) Two 10″ x 2″ and one 10″ x 1.5″ pieces of Kraft Core No. 6.
b) One 10″ x 2″ and one 10″ x 1.5″ pieces of Kraft Core No. 2.
3) Flip to the backside one of the 10″ x 2″ pieces of No. 6 cut in Step 2. Using a cloud stencil, outline the clouds using a score tool from the back. Sand and dust the clouds embossed on the front side.
Core Tip: When embossing cardstock using a stencil and score tool, use a rubber mat underneath the stencil. This allows you to get a deep scored image without ripping the cardstock and always score from the back so the raised image is on the front.
4) Using a paint brush, paint in the clouds with a white wet medium. I used Ranger’s Snow Cap Mixative because I liked that looked like different densities in the clouds.
5) To create the “be true” part of the title, use a stencil with acrylic modeling paste to the left side of the 2nd piece of 10″ x 2″ piece of No. 6. Apply evenly with a popsicle stick. When removing stencil, be sure to lift the stencil up straight so you don’t smudge the title work.
6) “To you” is added to the 10″ x 1.5″ piece of No. 6 after the cardstock has been adhered to the background using the same technique and placement in Step 5.
7) Alternating the colors, add the cut & embellished pieces of cardstock to the background in a slightly angled manner.
8) Mat three wallet-size photos with Kraft-Core No. 15. Making sure to sand and dust the edges before adhereing the photos.
8) Finish off by adding lots of Darice Sequins with a dollop of Liquid Pearl in the middle.
Multi-media layouts do not need to be complicated. Just by using a couple of wet mediums to Core’dinations Cardstock, you can create fun titlework and painted embellishments! ~Kate