Glitter Silk Gift Bag and Box
Box and bag
Helmer’s Craft Glue
Paper Studio pearl
Spellbinder’s Dies – foliage S4-328 and Aster Flower Topper S5-102
My Mind’s Eye Brad
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Cuttlebug Embossing Machine
Debbie Stadard here with an easy step-by-step on how to create a festive gift bag and tag for the that next big day of yours! Don’t be afraid to emboss that Glitter Silk. It looks amazing!
1. First off pick a little box – as you can see I have had this one awhile but that’s ok – I’m covering it. Using the wrong side of your paper mark the bottom of the box and the top of the box and cut out. The great thing about Glitter Silk is that the back is white so it’s easy to make lines. Then cut a smaller piece to fit in the bottom of the box.
2. Now glue all the pieces to the box.
3. Measure around the box and the height of the bottom of the box and cut. Glue to sides holding to get a tight fit. If you have to cut a second strip it’s easier to cut one side and then piece it that way.
4. Do the same thing for the top of the box.
5. Now because I didn’t want my seam to show on to I used these pearls from Paper Studios. They worked well on here because they are all attached in one long line so you can do an entire side at one time.
6. Then I used a Spellbinder’s die to cut my flower and leaves and embossed the them. I used my Xyron 250 to run the leaves through and attach to the top of the box and then some Glue dots to add the flower after I added a brad.
7. Now to make my bag I used the rest of the turquoise sheet. I embossed it (you don’t sand Glitter Silk due to the glitter finish) and attached it and another embossed purple strip. Then I made a banner sentiment using the green and layering it with some turquoise and added a David Tutera Sentiment.
8. Tie a festive bow to the top and you have a great gift set!