Glitter Silk Cards
The Core’dinations Glitter Silk cardstock is so sparkly and perfect for a baby girl card!
First up we have a card from Tracy Gruber:
Core’dinations 110 lb. Smooth White, Martha Stewart Lace border punch
May Arts Ribbon, Lawn Fawn Hello Baby stamp set
Spellbinder’s Standard Circles Small
Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad and Marker, Various Copic Markers
1. Cut a piece of the pink Glitter Silk card stock to 4” x 5 ¼” to use as the card front.
2. Cut a strip of white and a strip of purple Glitter Silk and punch one edge with a border punch. Adhere those to the top of the pink cardstock.
4. Cut out a circle from white cardstock and add faux stitching lines around the edge with a black marker.
5. Stamp the images onto the Core’dinations 110 lb.Smooth White cardstock, color them in with Copic markers, and fussy cut them out.
6. Assemble all of the pieces onto the card, stamp the sentiment, and add May Arts ribbon to the top.
Next, we have a card AND video from Mary Pat Siehl:
I love making shaped cards. They are so much fun to make and to receive! I wanted to make a birthday card and what does every little boy and girl want on their birthdays? Balloons! So I decided to make a shaped card using a Silhouette file. I had a basic ballon that I changed and modified by adding the stars and negative space. I wanted to be “shading” on the ballon so I layerd the awesome Glitter Silk Cardstock and I just loved the effect.
Now here is a fun fact. Did you know that you can stamp directly on the Glitter Silk Cardstock. Yes, you can it is awesome! For the banner I cut it out using a die and then stamped my outline and birthday sentiment. Love the effect.
To finish off the card I added some yummy twine!
Cardstock- Glitter Silk
Paper Smooches dies and stamps
I made a video for you on how this card came about. Enjoy!