Starry Sky Tim Holtz Mini Canvas
You can really add some great texture to your mixed media projects using Core’dinations cardstock. By using embossing and tearing techniques you can really add a great tactile quality to your projects!
Supplies: Core’dinations – Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection, Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered Collection, Sand-It Gadget, Dust Buddy, Darice – Stars embossing folder. Crafter’s Companion Embossalicious Chevron embossing folder, canvas 6×6, white pen, acrylic paints, star sequins, Hero Arts Typewriter letters stamps, Memento Luxe Wedding Dress Ink, Mod Podge, Big Shot, sewing machine, glow in the dark paint, distressing tool.
1. Paint the canvas black using acrylic paint. Emboss some black (No.24-S) cardstock from the Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered Collection using the stars embossing folder. Sand using the Sand-It Gadget and wipe with a Dust Buddy.
2. Tear a piece of green cardstock (No.12-S) from the Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered Collection and two pieces of (No.9) from the Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection to form the hills. Emboss using the chevron embossing folder. Distress straight edges using a distressing tool.
3. Adhere pieces to star embossed square, machine stitch border and distress edges using a distressing tool.
4. Cut come simple star shapes from the Kraft side of some cardstock from the Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection, apply white acrylic paint. Once dry sand edges using Sand-It Gadget for a distressed effect.
5. Adhere stars to square panel. Attach panel to canvas using Mod Podge, leave to dry.
6. Cut some small rectangles of No.24 cardstock from the Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection, write “follow”, “your” and “own” on each rectangle using a white pen. Stamp “star” using a white ink pad.
7. Add a white paint wash to the hills to highlight. Adhere text to canvas using Mod Podge. Add glitter to large stars and adhere some sequin stars.
8. Paint edges of canvas using blue acrylic paint and outline stars in blue. Outline text in white paint. Add some glow in the dark paint to the stars for a fun effect!