Match Your Sunset Colors with Core Cardstock
Ava Gavloski here today with a layout that focuses on tearing, antiquing and edge distressing our Tim Holtz & Ranger Collections of Cardstock. The Chipped Sapphire and Peach Bellini and Graphic 45 Signature Series my sunset perfctly! The great thing about Core’dinations is there are so many great colors to choose from, you can match virtually any project. If these techniques are new to you then check out Core’dinations videos for great how-to’s!
Tim Holtz & Ranger Distressed and Adirondack cardstock, Graphic 45 Signature Series Lights cardstock, Sand it Gadget and Dust Buddy. Other Supplies: Petaloo flowers, Want2Scrap, ScrapMatts chipboard, Maja Designs pattern paper, Clearsnap Ink and Helmar Adhesive.
1. Cut cardstock, pattern papers and distress edges. Sand cardstock to reveal the inner colored core.
2. Paint and ink up chipboard pieces.
3. Spray Blue Sapphaire cardstock with a mixture of water and glycerin 16.1 ratio, damp’in cardstock, crinkle outer edges, dry, sand with Sand-it-Gadget and iron to flatten page.
Tip: Use a low heat setting on your iron you to flatten out your cardstock after crumbling it.
4. Tear some embossed, sanded pieces of cardstock to give the “look” of waves and ocean sand before adhering your chipboard pieces.
5. Assemble distressed edges of pattern paper, cardstock, photo’s onto Antiqued background paper and adhere all embellishments onto layout.