here to share a gift bag that will make a lasting impression for the receiver. Do you have a special occassion this summer;? Here is a quick up-scaled presentation to add lots of sparkle to the party.
Couture Creations, Doily Die
Step # 1 Punch out different sized butterflies from Core’dinations Glitter Silk Cardstock and adhere to table centre piece.
Step # 2 Die cut various embellishment from Core’dinations Glitter Silk Cardstock, adhere together as an embellishment cluster.
Step # 3 Trim a panel for the front of the gift bag, adhere to bag and create a pocket behind the attached embellishment cluster for a gift tag.
Tip: To add a wow factor to your gift bag, buy some tissue paper and make a big flower.
Attach the flower to any type of stick, straw or skewer that you have around the house to stand the flower inside the bag.
One of the great things about Core’dinations is it’s versatility. Using the same piece of blue cardstock, you can create different tears to look like waves. Sanding the torn pieces even more, gives even more color and texture.
Core’dinations Cardstock Cut & Emboss Neutrals, Pastels, and Core Couture
Tombow adhesive, David Tutera Pearls from Darice, Lifestyle Crafts die cut, Twinery Twine.
Our Core Couture makes these flip fops sparkley and cute! Add a little pearl and you have the perfect finishing touch.
That is the question! Should I sand my Core or not? Today I have a great layout that focuses on some sanded Core and unsanded. The BEST thing about Core is the ability to be able to do BOTH.
This is a close-up of Core embossed but not sanded. I love the look of both but for this one, the Core was pink and I was going for a monochromatic feel for this layout so I didn’t sand.
The bowtie is from our Whitewash cardstock and it is sanded so the black core comes through when you use your Sand it Gadget. Don’t forget your Dust Buddy when using Core especially our Whitewash collection.
Core’dinations has a sea of colored-core cardstock to create the perfect ocean scene for any card or layout! Today I am sharing an ocean themed baby card made with Core’dinations Graphic 45 Lights and Tim Holtz & Ranger Adirondack Collection.
Darcie’s Haert & Home Rubber STamps
Ranger Versa Mark & Archival Ink & Super Fine Embossing Powder
Stamping on Core’dinations Cardstock is so fantastic because you get a sharp image and texture!
Technique Tip: When heat embossing with clear embossing powder on Core’dinations Cardstock, be sure to sand and dust the cardstock before stamping the image with Versa Mark. This allows for the colored core to show through clear embossing. I did this on the waves and I love that it gives different hues to the waves, just like you would see at the ocean!
I am sure you are never late sending a birthday card, but I always am! My sister is the lucky recipient of this fun belated birthday card made with Core’dinations Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic and Shattered Collections.
To create this card:
1) Emboss a 4.25″x 5.5″ card base made with Core’dinations Kraft-Core Nostalgic No. 15.
2) Sand embossed cardbase with Sand It Gadget and dust with Dust Buddy.
3) Round bottom corners of card base with corner rounder punch.
3) Cut a 4.25″ x 1″ and 4.25″ x 2.5″ of Core’dinations Kraft-Core Shattered No. 20s, corner rounding the 1″ piece.
4) Using the backside of the 2.5″ piece you cut in step 3 (Kraft side), stamp your sentiment on the right lower side of this piece.
5) Glue down the stamped Kraft piece and the 1″ piece (with the Shattered side showing) 1/2 inch from bottom of card).
5) Stamp the critter image two times, once on Core’dinations Kraft-Core Nostalgic No. 23 and once on Kraft-Core Shattered No. 20s. Stamp the tree stump onto the Kraft-Core Nostalgic No. 23. ***
***Tip: Be sure to sand & dust both of these pieces before stamping your image. By sanding and dusting before stamping, you get a sharper image and keep dust particles off of the stamp.
6) Fussy cut out both images stamped on the Kraft-Core Nostalgic No. 23. Cut out the tail, belly and nose from the critter image stamped on the Shattered No. 20s and layer onto the critter image you cut out in Step 7.
7) Using double-sided foam tape, adhere the tree trunk and critter to the right side of the card, next to the stamped sentiment.
Darcie’s Heart & Home Rubber Stamps
Spellbinders Embossing Folder
Ranger Archival Ink
Core’dinations Cardstock is such a great weight to use with different mediums! Today I am sharing a tutorial for the simple and pretty multi-media layout I made with lots of Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection.
The Crafter’s Workshop Mini Cloud & Poppies Stencils
Ranger Tim Holtz Adirondack Snow Cap Mixative
Dick Blick Modeling Paste
To create this 12×12 layout:
1). Sand & dust 1/2″ border around the 12×12 Kraft-Core No. 15 background
2). Cut, sand (especially distressing the edges) & then dust with Dust Buddu:
a) Two 10″ x 2″ and one 10″ x 1.5″ pieces of Kraft Core No. 6.
b) One 10″ x 2″ and one 10″ x 1.5″ pieces of Kraft Core No. 2.
3) Flip to the backside one of the 10″ x 2″ pieces of No. 6 cut in Step 2. Using a cloud stencil, outline the clouds using a score tool from the back. Sand and dust the clouds embossed on the front side.
Core Tip: When embossing cardstock using a stencil and score tool, use a rubber mat underneath the stencil. This allows you to get a deep scored image without ripping the cardstock and always score from the back so the raised image is on the front.
4) Using a paint brush, paint in the clouds with a white wet medium. I used Ranger’s Snow Cap Mixative because I liked that looked like different densities in the clouds.
5) To create the “be true” part of the title, use a stencil with acrylic modeling paste to the left side of the 2nd piece of 10″ x 2″ piece of No. 6. Apply evenly with a popsicle stick. When removing stencil, be sure to lift the stencil up straight so you don’t smudge the title work.
6) “To you” is added to the 10″ x 1.5″ piece of No. 6 after the cardstock has been adhered to the background using the same technique and placement in Step 5.
7) Alternating the colors, add the cut & embellished pieces of cardstock to the background in a slightly angled manner.
8) Mat three wallet-size photos with Kraft-Core No. 15. Making sure to sand and dust the edges before adhereing the photos.
8) Finish off by adding lots of Darice Sequins with a dollop of Liquid Pearl in the middle.
Multi-media layouts do not need to be complicated. Just by using a couple of wet mediums to Core’dinations Cardstock, you can create fun titlework and painted embellishments! ~Kate
« Previous Page — Next Page »