We are sponsoring the Cupcake Inspiration Blog again! All you need to do is create a card using this inspiration piece. It’s that easy! Please make sure you check out the Challenge Rules section of their blog for details.
Designer Shaunte Wadley created this card using the above inspiration piece. Love how she used the Core Basics vellum and crumbled it to look like the cupcake wrapper!
Cupcake Card Inspiration Piece:
- David Tutera Celebrate mini scalloped card and mini tag
- Core Essentials
- Glitter Silk
- Core Couture
- Core Basics Vellum
- Misc bling and twine
Halloween Layout Supplies:
- Chalk Core
- Black Magic
- Core Essentials
- Sand It Gadget & Dust Buddy
- Dies: Tim Holtz, Lifestyle Crafts, Papertrey Ink
- Sequins: American Crafts
- Twine: The Twinery
- Button: October Afternoon
- Embossing Folder: Stampin Up
- Label Maker
- Cut N Boss
Step 1. Using a ruler and cutting tool, cut the grid pattern in 1″ increments. Within those 1″ pieces, cut out a smaller square. Where some of the lines meet, punch a whole for added interest. Lay a piece of Black Magic Cardstock underneath it and score the lines that will appare in the negative image of the squares you just cut.
Step 2. Flip over the Black Magic and sand the scored lines, remove dust with Dust Buddy. Line them up again and adhere. Add your additional elements like the sanded doily cut from Chalk Core. Cut the ghosts from the vellum cardstock.
Step 3. Emboss a piece of vellum and add your title along with some additional embellishments.
Step 1. Spray tag with water and glycerin mixture of 16.1, crumble tag, dry, sand and iron flat.
Step 2. Punch out butterflies and flourish die cuts, sand and dust using the Dust Buddy.
“Hippo Birdie to You” Card Supplies:
- Core’dinations Core Essentials Cardstock
- Black Magic cardstock
- Lawn Fawn Year 4 stamp set
- Hero Arts White Embossing Powder
- Sand It Gadget
- Dust Buddy
Step 1. Use the Sand It Gadget to sand over a piece of Black Magic card stock. Use your Dust Buddy to dust off the residue because it will help you stamp the image and emboss it clearer.
Step 2. Stamp the images from the Lawn Fawn stamp set with VersaMark and heat set with white embossing powder.
- 110lb White Smooth Core’dinations Cardstock
- No.24 Cardstock from Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection
- Core Tags Bookmarks White
- Stampendous stamp sets Vintage Typewriter, Vintage Typewriter Alphabet
- Ranger Jet Black Ink
- May Arts 1/4″ Twill Ribbon with Chevron Stripes Black
Having a bad day? Nothing could cheer me up better than a Chalk Core Card!