Today I have a Clean & Simple layout for you showcasing our Graphic 45 Signature Series collection and how well it goes with Graphic 45 papers!
- Graphic 45 By The Sea 8×8 paper pad
- Graphic 45 Darks Signature Series Collection
- Sand It Gadget
- Dust Buddy
- Darice Stars Asst. embossing folder
- Studio Calico Wood Veneer Stars
Step 1. Cut 2″ x 2″ squares from the Graphic 45 By The Sea 8×8 paper pad and the Core’dinations Graphic 45 Darks paper pad. Then, cut the squares in half diagonally to create triangles.
Step 2. Emboss the Core’dinations triangles with the Darice Stars Asst. embossing folder and sand with the Sand It Gadget.
Core Tip: You don’t always need to sand Core’dinations Cardstock! For this layout, I used the Heritage Kraft “as is” and didn’t sand it. Looks great like that for my layout base!
Step 3. Piece together the triangles to your liking.
Step 4. Adhere the wood veneer stars and add journaling.
Core Tags make great decorative elements for your layouts. They come in all colors and sizes and are easy to run through your embossing machine. If you don’t fee comfortable taking out the metal gromments, just line the tags up so that part is sticking out of your embossing folder.
- Core’dinations Canvas Textured Tag – Bright and White
- Core Couture
- Glitter Silk
- Washi – Bella Blvd
- Dies – Spellbinders, Lawn Fawn
- Number Stickers – American Crafts
- Embossing Folders – Darice, Tim Holtz
- Twine – The Twinery
I was initially really hesitant about the silver grummets, not wanting them to get smooshed from the pressures of the rollers however it wasn’t a problem! The depth of the embossing folder is akin to that of the grummet so it’s a non-issue (so long as you have the grummet outside the embossing folder!).
Check out how the embossed tags up top compliment the embossed edge tags on the bottom!
- Core’dinations Essentials Collection ( Darks and Pastels) and Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress Collection.
- Pattern Paper and Stickers- Bella Blvd.
- Mist- Studio Calico
- Enamel Dots-Freckled Fawn
- Perfect Layers
- Sand It
- Dust Buddy
To create the beautiful looking “ocean” background I took 3 different shades of blue Core’dinations cardstock and tore the edges and then layered them to create the “ocean” effect. I just love all the texture and dimension this technique creates! I also cut several elements using my Silhouette. Have I told you lately how well the Core’dinations cardstock cuts in the Silhouette? Well, it cuts like BUTTA!
I made a video for you on how this layout came about. I hope you like it!
Two great looks, one embossing folder, and one specialty cardstock!
Chalk Core cardstock has a smooth surface, and it wonderful for wet embossing too. I added the sentiment by stamping it with white ink, and then adding white embossing powder and heat setting it.
We aren’t done celebrating Summer yet! Get out those markers and Core’dinations 110 lb Smooth Cardstock to create some gorgeous cards for those last minute Summer Birthdays and events.
- Core’dinations Tillie Spotted cardstock
- Core’dinations Essentials Cardstock
- 110 lb. Smooth White cardstock
- Lawn Fawn Life Is Good stamp set
- Darice Waves embossing folder
- Sand It Gadget
- Dust Buddy
- Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad and Marker
- Various Copic markers
Step 3. Tear two strips of tan cardstock for the beach.
Step 4. Stamp all of the Lawn Fawn images on a piece of Core’dinations 110 lb. Smooth White cardstock, color in with Copic markers, and fussy cut them out.
Step 5. Assemble all of the pieces together and stamp the sentiment.
For my son’s 9th Birthday he was having a pool party at our house. I know our pool is still open for business even though school has started! Everything was themed ‘Splish Splash’ so I pulled out some fabulous Core’dinations Cardstock and got to work with my Silhouette cutting all kinds of little bits to decorate with!
Let’s start off with this cute little frame from the David Tutera Wedding Collection. Perfect for any occasion …. including a 9 year old boys birthday party:
One of my favorite things were these fun water bottle tags. With (15) 9 year olds running around all afternoon I knew I needed to try and keep their drinks straight so I cut these super fun shapes and made these name tags for each of them.
- Spotted Jillian Dot - Tulip, Apple Green, Tranquil Blue
- Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress Collection – Broken China, Mustard Seed
- David Tutera Wedding – Frame
- Spotted Tillie Dot – Navy
- Graphic 45 Signature Series Cardstock – Gala Gold, Bon Voyage