Nothing is more dreamy and feels like a Fairy Tale than some Graphic 45!
Today we have a beautiful altered box from Design Team Member Leica Forrest. The great thing about this project is that Lecia used the Graphic45 Signature Series cardstock (the dark green) because it is designed to match Graphic45 papers perfectly. AND she mixed in some Pink Paislee Core Impressions. Don’t be afraid to mix it up a bit!
And a close up detail…
Today’s favorite projects come from Design Team Member Andrea Amu!
How cool is this? Andrea made her own basket out of CORE??!??!?! Check out her blog here for more details on how to make this.
And this gorgeous layout was featured over at the BasicGrey blog! Loads of Core Impressions on there.
And some Graphic 45 Signature Series!
We have been showing some of our Design Team’s favorite layouts from 2011 this month and today is Char Dobson!
Char totally rocks the Graphic 45 Core Impressions!!!!
Who doesn’t love some Harry Potter?
From now until Christmas Eve we are showcasing our Design Team’s Favorite cardstock. Each designer picked a few of their favorite lines and created some gorgeous projects for you showcasing why they love it so much.
Then, on that day, just by commenting on that post, you have the chance to win! AND some days we might be showcasing more than one line so you need come back often.
Here is how it works:
1.) We post every day. The following day we pick a winner and then start over so keep coming back!
2.) You have all day and night to post. Yes, you heard me! You can win up until the next day when I pick a winner when I get up. We want our international fans to be able to win and they are normally sleeping now
3.) Want additional chances to win? Comment on Facebook and share the excitement on your blogs! If you share on your blog, come back here and link us up. Remember, you can do it every day for more chances to win!
WE LOVE our FACEBOOK FANS! And we do LOADS of giveaways over there, too. Make sure you like us to be able to win
4.) Please note: we will not be shipping to winners until the January due to the Holidays. Winners must email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, address, phone number if international to claim prizes.
Now who wants a winner from yesterday’s post?
The winner of the pack of Whitewash is…………..
Beautiful LO~ I like the whitewash cause it gives such a ‘weathered’ feel to my projects. I have only seen it in individual sheets and was wondering does it come in pads also? Thanks for sharing
Now let’s get today’s giveaway!
Today is all about Graphic 45 Core Impressions Timeless Collection.
We think this collection is timeless and is always one of our favorites! You can use it with your favorite Graphic 45 products or pair it with what you have in your stash like Design Team Member Debbie Standard did for us today!
Love the use of ribbon on this card from Debbie. She combines lace and satin trim and of course the Le Fleur and Houndstooth patterns.
See you tomorrow!
Did you know that Core’dinations has three amazing teachers? This wonderful team of industry leading designers will be creating quarterly classes JUST for the Core blog and your inspiration!
We are working on an exclusive section of our website just for them so stay tuned for more details on that SOON!
Today have a gorgeous candle created by Core Teacher Cari Locken. For more of Cari’s projects check out her blog here. This would make a gorgeous housewarming present over the holidays. You can use this color palette or even change it up with some reds and greens for Christmas or an color palette for that special occasion.
Instructions for “Fall is in the Air” Candle Decoration
Core’dination Colorcore cardstock:
Brownie 1440 CD040
Coconut Cream 1380 C020
Cardinal 420 OG020
Tank 430 OG030
Stylus (or scoring board)
Cricut Expressions or die-cut machine
Mickey & Friends & Stretch Your Imagination cartridges
Adhesives (tape runner, double sided tape, pop dots)
Step 1: Base
1. Cut a piece of Heritage Kraft to 2 1/2”x 10”. Run the cardstock through your Fiskars paper crimper so that the lines are going vertical when it is put on the candle.
3. Wrap around the candle and adhere it place (the ends will overlap slighty).
Step 2: Label strips
1. Cut two small strips of Brownie to approx. 3/8” x 12”.
2. Place a strip of cardstock through the Dymo Labeler and “type” the words that you want on your strips of cardstock. Repeat this process with the other strip of cardstock.
4. Adhere one strip along the top edge of the base and the other strip along the bottom edge of the base. Trim ends as necessary
Step 3: Creating the leaves and acorns
1. Using the Cricut Expression (or other die-cut machine) and the Mickey Mouse & Friends cartridge cut leaves like this:
<chip-s> Shadow:Base/Icon @ 2 1/2” from Cardinal 2 times.
<chip-s> Shadow:Base/Icon @ 2 1/2” from Tank 2 times.3.
<chip-s> Shadow:Base/Icon @ 2 1/2” from Autumn 2 times.
<Squirl> Layers @ 1 1/2” from Coconut Cream and then again from Brownie.
and repeat again two more times at 1” from Coconut Cream & Brownie.
2. Now cut the acorns using Stretch Your Imagination cartridge:
3. Take the leaves and use a stylus and the cutting channel of your paper trimmer (or a scoreboard) and make some scored lines on the backside of the cardstock resembling the “veins” on the leaves.
4. Carefully sand the embossed lines with a Sand it Gadget and clean off with the Dust Buddy.
Step 4: Assembly
1. Cluster the leaves together in groups of 3 and adhere to the base of the candle. One near the top and one cluster near the bottom edge.
2. Tie some string around the upper edge of the base cardstock (just below the word strip).
3. Adhere the acorns in a cluster in the center of the leaves and use a pop dot to adhere the larger one.
And one more shot of the finished project…