Did you know that Core’dinations has a three amazing teachers that will design classes specifically for your store?
We sure do! And today we have one of those talented ladies sharing some holiday inspiration for you.
So if you are looking for some GREAT holiday gift giving ideas, you are in the right place.
Kimber McGray, one of our talented Core Teachers, created this Holiday wine topper for us today. This is SUPER easy and totally festive. She used a mix of Core products including Tim Holtz Kraft Core and Gemstones (in opal) for the base. Notice the faux stitching along the edges?
Speaking of Tim Holtz Kraft-Core…… CLICK HERE for our HUGE giveaway!!!
You could easily create these for your Holiday parties this December! Make a wreath, cut out some snowflakes…sky is the limit!
And here is a close-up for you….
1. Using the Silhouette die-cutting machine, cut a 3”x 7 1/2” bottle hanger from Vanilla Cream Core Essentials Cardstock. Faux stitch around the edges with a black pen.
2. Using the Silhouette die-cutting machine, cut a4” x 2” leaf from No 11 (green) Tim Holtz Kraft Core cardstock. Adhere to the bottle hanger and tie a 6” piece of twine around the stem.
3. Cut a 6” x 1 3/4” piece of No 6 (yellow) Tim Holtz Kraft Core cardstock. With scissors, trim ‘V’s’ on each end. Adhere to the bottle hanger below the leaf.
4. Adhere alphas to spell ‘THANKS’ on the yellow banner.
How fun is this card? This would be great with some holly or circles to make a wreath for Christmas. The great thing about these classes are that the are super versatile. You can make them our own and reuse the ideas OVER and OVER again!
1. Cut the Vanilla Cream cardstock to 5 1/2” x 8” and fold in half to create a 5 1/2” x 4 1/4” card base.
2. Place the front of the card in the embossing folder and run through the Cuttlebug to press the design on the cardstock.
3. Create the picture frame from a 3 1/4” x 4” piece of Snowflake cardstock. Cut out a 2 1/2” x 2 1/2” square from the upper portion and discard. Wrap a 24” piece of twine around the picture frame a few times and tie into a bow. Adhere to the front of the card on an angle.
4. Using the Silhouette die-cutting machine, cut a different shaped leaves approx. 1 1/2” from No 6, No 7, & No 11 (yellow, orange & green) Tim Holtz Kraft Core cardstock. Adhere to the center of the picture frame to form a wreath shape. Add a few gems to the leaves.
5. Add the brown mini alpha stickers to the picture frame to spell out your sentiment
Stay tuned for our Core Teacher page on the website soon!
Today we have some more Peachy Keen Colour Challenge inspiration for you!
If you haven’t seen the July Challenge make sure you check it out here. You have until July 27th to enter for the chance to win some fabulous Core goodies! Make sure you link us up on that post or link us on Facebook.
All you need to do is use this color palette as your inspiration. Again, there are more deets on the original post….
Design Team Member Brianne Nevill shares this fun layout with us today. You have to check out all of the fun details.
The misting….the covered frames with the Core Essentials….the strip of Jillibean Soup Core Impressions along the left side of the page (p.s. it’s the perfect match for this challenge!!!!) and …. how cool does Core’dinations Cardstock look with some mists?????
And some close ups???? YES PLEASE!
Here is one of the frames covered in cardstock and the Core Essentials covered in mists:
YES! I said Winner(s)!
We couldn’t pick just one so we picked TWO!!!
First up is Irit Shalom. Irit submitted two fabulous entries with some fun journaling and cool techniques and here they are:
Some awesome Basic Grey Core Impressions on this layout. Love it paired with all of the vertical strips of cardstock and ribbon. AND, yes! We would love to go to that Cherry Festival! Sounds amazing.
Love love all the Jillibean Soup Core Impressions on this layout and how Irit sanded the “18″ with the Core Impressions. And those layered journaling spots are the best!
Such a cool idea!!!
Make sure you check out how Sherry mixed handwriting with tiny alphas for her journaling.
Thank you thank you so much for all the entries!!! We will be doing challenges every month so stay tuned for the 1st of July for details for the July challenge.
Winners can you please email your address and phone number (for international entries) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a GREAT week!
This week we are celebrating Fathers and Family here on the blog!
We are kicking it off with two layouts from Debbie Standard. Debbie packs her layouts FULL of amazing details so grab your coffee and be ready to get inspired!
For this first layout, Debbie sanded a sheet of My Mind’s Eye Core Impressions. It looks beautiful with the bright blue embossed Core Essentials. And check out the fun details from the 4×6″ mini My Mind’s Eye collection pack! They go perfectly together. And of course those fun photos of the kids playing around with their Dad. They just make you smile!
Next up, Debbie shares with us another layout about family. For this layout Debbie scored her Whitewash background . Such an easy and quick way to make your own background!
The flowers are stamped. All you need to do is turn your Core’dinations over and stamp on the backside for a nice, smooth finish.
AND…yes, there is more! Debbie printed her clouds from her computer using a digital image directly on some Whitewash and the sanded.
We are! Here are some Fabulous Friday Finds from the Design Team to get you inspired and create this weekend!
WE love using our Core Essentials, it’s pretty much a go to for any project we use. Is it an essential in your scrap booking stash???
Yipee! The sun is out and has been for a few days. It is still cold here on the East Coast but there are some signs of Spring (even though we did get snow this week). I was just over at Design Team Member Linda Beeson‘s blog the other week and saw this gorgeous photo! If you have never been to her blog, you should. Not only does Linda have gorgeous Core’dinations creations but she has beautiful photos as well.
And she has funny cards Check out the beautiful Gemstones cardstock on this card, too, it looks fabulous embossed!
Here is a card with a Beautiful Color combo that is fresh and bright, just perfect for Spring using some Core’dinations Core Essentials and gorgeous papers from one of our preferred partners, Imaginisce, from Design Team Member Cari Locken:
Have a GREAT weekend!