We are celebrating this week with May Arts Ribbon! Stop by all week long for amazing inspiration and, of course, prizes! CLICK HERE to enter to win this awesome Chalk Core prize pack! And forget to head over to the May Arts blog for more projects and chances to win! Winners will be announced Monday, November 17th, 2014.
Harvest Feast Layout from Suzanna Lee
Thanksgiving for some of us, is around the corner. A month away! A month to think about what’s for lunch or dinner, where you will be, if and how you will decorate, etc. There is nothing more seasonal when it comes to Core’dinations cardstock than Tim Holtz Kraft Core, Seasonal Impressions! I have another Seasonal Impressions Thankful layout to share with you. Last year, I used Thankful No.21 and this year I am going with Thankful No. 19.
Harvest Feast Layout Supplies:
- Core’dinations Seasonal Impressions
- Core’dinations Rustic
- Core TagCore Tags, Darks and Large Bracket Ivory Smooth
- Core Essentials, Parsley GX-PG040-12 and Paprika GX-JP030-12
- Core’dinations Chocolate Box/Cherry Cordial GX-CBX210-12
- Dust Buddy
- Sand It Gadget
- May Arts ribbon
- Cut Files – Miss Kate Cuttables and self created (leaf)
- Ink – Tim Holtz Distress
- Punch – American Crafts
Step 1: Ink the pre-embossed Tim Holtz Seasonal Impressions. This lighter color pre-embossed cardstock was a bit more difficult to see than the darker colors. Typically with Core, you sand with your Sand It Gadget to reveal the core color and have a two tone cardstock. In order to better see the pre-embossed words, rather than sanding, I used my Tim Holtz ink blender to rub color over the embossed words. You can see that better here:
Step 2: Add some Core Tags! Using Core Tags on your layouts is a great way to add journaling or a decorative element behind or around your photos as well! If you happen to have some of May Arts Burlap Center Stitch Ribbon, it makes a perfect compliment to the Core Tags! Perfect for a fall or Thanksgiving themed layout!
I just love the background that the pre-embossed Seasonal Impressions creates! Such an incredibly effective background without using patterned paper!
Thanksgiving is always a great time to get together with family and friends and celebrate the blessings in our lives. And like any fun gathering, food is always involved. Some recipes become yearly traditions, while others are soon forgotten. Why not organize your recipes with a seasonal mini album? It’s easy to add or remove recipe from year to year – and to help make planning the feast a little easier. This keepsake would also make a wonderful hostess gift, if you aren’t the one doing all of the cooking.
Thanksgiving Mini Recipe Book Supplies:
- Tim Holtz Kraft Core Nostalgic Collection
- Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Seasonal Impressions
- Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered Collection
- Black Magic Collection
- Canvas Textured Tags White Assorted
- Canvas Textured Tags Brights Assorted Sandable
- Sand-It Gadget
- Darice Embossing Folder – Foliage
- Darice Embossing Folder- Fall Leaf Background
- Darice Washi Tape – Black
- Darice Washi Tape- Music Notes
- Clear Scraps Mini Album
- Cottage Cutz Die – Acorn Leaf Vine
- May Arts Ribbon: SM-33, 419-16, KBB-33
- Hampton Art Stamps – Recipes SC0519
- Fun Stampers Journey – Give Thanks Stamp Set
- Xyron 9″ Creative Station
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukeniko Inks
Step 1. Cover pages of the mini-album with papers of your choice.
Step 2. Sand areas of embossing with Sand-It Gadget to expose the color core.
Step 3. Decorate the pages as desired.
Thanks for stopping by – I hope that you have been inspired to create your own recipe book to treasure your families memories.
I looooove Halloween! And when I got my hands on this Darice witch hat, I knew it screamed the need for some Core’dinations Cardstock.
Torn Cardstock Witch Hat Supplies:
- Black Magic Cardstock
- Jillian Spotted Cardstock
- Vintage Cardstock
- Sand it Gadget and Dust Buddy
- Darice paper mache hat
- misc black paint
- Xyron Adhesive
- MayArts Ribbon
Step 1: Paint the top and bottom of the hat black just in case any of the base of the hat sneaks through. Basic black craft paint works just fine.
Step 2: Tear different strips of Core’dinations ColorCore cardstock. Paper tearing never gets old! Core is great for this because the color core looks great. For tips on tearing our cardstock, view our videos here. Tear the strips, sand them with Sand it Gadget and white off with Dust Buddy. Using the Dust Buddy is important because it helps the adhesive stick.
Step 3: Adhere torn strips, rotating colors and patterns on the top of the hat and finish off with some May Arts Ribbon.
Step 4: Place on a pumpkin or other decoration.
As the holidays approach, it’s fun to start planning and creating those special little things that make a hand-crafted celebration. In my family, we usually have small favors for each of our guests. I’m always hunting for ideas that are cute, but aren’t too expensive or too time consuming to make. Since Thanksgiving is just around the corner, now is the perfect time to get a jump start with these adorable Turkey Treat Holders. Won’t these look fabulous on the dinner table?
Turkey Treat Holder Supplies:
- Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered Collection
- Core’dinations Heavyweight 80 lb. Kraft
- Core Essentials Brights Cardstock
- Sizzix Writing Desk Die
- May Arts Ribbon – 7/8″ Solid Ivory Check AKB14; 5″ Tulle 471-5-28; 1/8″ Burlap Cord SP-10
- Fiskars Fuse Die Cutting Machine
- Beacon Adhesives Zip Dry
- Small Clay Flower Pot
- Punch Bunch – Large Pear Punch
- Tim Holtz Mini Fasteners
Step 1. Die cut feathers. With this die, I was easily able to cut 4 layers of paper at a time.
Step 2. Add ribbon around the lip of the pot.
Step 3. Glue the feathers.
Step 4. Hand draw turkey body. Cut out.
Step 5. Punch a pear shape to create the turkey’s wattle. Snip a triangle for the beak. Use buttons and brads to create the eyes. Attach to flower pot.
Step 6. Wrap treats in tulle. Tie with burlap cord and place in flower pot.
Hope this helps make your holidays even happier!
One really great thing about living in the state of Utah is our spectacular autumns! The colors are so vibrant- I always take a lot of photos during the fall season.
I was able to incorporate TEN photos on this layout- the use of the Core tags keeps the photos and multiple embellishments from overwhelming the layout- and the wonderful textures from the Core’dinations cardstocks echo the feel of autumn.
Core Tag Fall Layout Supplies:
- Core Basics Textured 12×12 Kraft Cardstock
- Core Sandable Tags in Dark (medium sizes, green, orange, yellow and red)
- Core Tag in White (medium size)
- Core Vintage Collection, Tim Holtz Kraft Core Shattered, Core Essentials, Core Basics Vellum, for various tag embellishments.
- David Tutera Step Three Mini Tags
- Sequin Stars
- May Arts Ribbon
- Silhouette Electronic Cutting Machine and “Lover’s Quarrel” font for title
For the background of the layout, I used a piece of Core Basics Textured Kraft cardstock. This cardstock is NOT sandable, like the other Core’dinations lines. However, it has a wonderful canvas texture that inks very nicely. I scored the perimeter of the layout base and then gently inked it, to create a subtle border. For the title, I cut the letters from another sheet of Core Basics Kraft and adhered it to the layout. Then I gently went over the title with ink. It is a very subtle look. I wanted to keep the focus on the tags with my photos.
Here is a close-up look at some of the fabulous textures on the tags.
Good Morning, Hard Core Crafters! Tami Mayberry here with you again today to share a super easy fall tag I made from two Dark Assorted Sandable Tags!
Autumn Blessings Tag Supplies:
- Neutral Assorted Mini Tags
- Dark Assorted Sandable Tags
- Dust Buddy and Sand it Gadget
- Darice Foilage embossing folder
- Sweet N Sassy Stamps Autumn Lovin’ Cocoa stamp set
- Clearsnap Stephanie Barnard chocolate ink pad
- May Arts trims:wire edge burlap (not pictured), jute twine (natural)
- Wooden button
- Sizzix Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves die (#656927)
- Sizzix Big Shot die-cutting machine
- Clearsnap sponge dauber
- Small ball stylus
- Embossing mat
- Scrapbook Adhesive by 3L®: Dodz adhesive dots, double-sided tape
Step 1: Emboss brown tag from Core Tag Darks tag set using Foilage embossing folder. Sand lightly with Sand It Gadget; trim off top.
Step 5: Sand lightly with Sand It Gadget.
Step 7: Stamp sentiment onto kraft mini tag; attach tag to larger tag as shown.
Thanks for stopping by!