It’s Gail Linder here with you today to share a fun summer project using a variety of Core’dinations Cardstock!
Where I live in Queensland (Australia) we have a very long and hot summer. Needless to say my kids get invited to lots of pool parties over these months! Below I’ve created a fun bag and tag set that is sure to suit the feel (and color scheme) of any pool party!
Core Essentials Pastel Collection – Reflecting Pool
Core Essentials Brights Collection – Atoll Aqua, Tulip
Graphic 45 Signature Series – Creme Brulee, Gala Gold
Spotted Jillian Dot - Heartfelt
Core Tags - Pastel
Sand It Gadget
Darice gift bag
May Arts ribbon
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
My Favorite Things & Simon Says Stamp Dies
Wave Border Set cut file
To create the look of waves for the front of the bag, I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut six wave strips out of light aqua card which I then backed in a darker blue color to make them really stand out.
To add even more texture to the waves, I ran the strips through my paper crimper before adhering them behind. A quick sand to reveal the lighter core and I LOVE the effect! Check our Corrugate It video here on how to do this.
A few fun embellishments and a colorful banner across the top completed my decorated gift bag front!
Since I have the waves and water, all we needed was some sunshine so I created a tag to go with it, inspired by the sun!
To create this bright 3-D sun, I simply cut strips from different shades of yellow cardstock to fold over and layer. You can see that I ran some strips through my paper crimper also for even more texture, and also to tie in with the bag!
Decorate for Summer with a fun banner like this one from Tracy Gruber.
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, Lawn Fawn Year stamp set
Rich Cocoa Memento Ink, Create A Critter and Alphalicious Cricut cartridges
Foam Squares, Misc. Ribbon
1. Cut 5×5 inch squares from Core Essentials cardstock. Round the corners with a We R Memory Keepers ¼’’ Corner Chomper.
2. Cut the letters from the Alphalicious Cricut cartridge at 3 ¾’’ plus the shadow. Cut the palm trees from the Create A Critter Cricut cartridge, also at 3 ¾.” I used the flip button for one of them, so they are faced different directions.
3. Tear pieces of Core Essentials cardstock for the sandy beach and the water and attach to the squares. Core Tip: Tear different colors of our blue Core Essentials cardstock to create waves. With five different color families that gives you 20 different blues to choose from.
4. Emboss the letters and the palm trees with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder and sand with the Sand It Gadget.
5. Attach the letters and palm trees to the squares with foam squares.
6. Tie each of the squares together with ribbon.
7. Stamp the dots onto each “sand piece” with Rich Cocoa Memento Ink. This helps define the sand a little more.
How many types of Core’dinations can you get on one layout? Keep reading to find out!
Core Basics - 110lb White
Suzanna Lee here and I wanted to share with you this pocket page layout created entirely from Core’dinations cardstock. Not a lock of patterned paper in there. Well, there is a smidge of vellum! Guess how many different types of Core there are there? My point being, you don’t have to go out and buy those fancy cards when you can create your own cards from cardstock! Different types and the textures you can create with die cuts, embossing and stamping provide you with all the spice and variety you need!
Embossing and sanding with letter stickers. Overlay color on color for some variation.
Layer Whitewash on Core Essentials that has been embossed and sanded. Layer Gemstones on vellum and stamp.
The man and women were created with the likeness of the bride and groom in mind. I used Maya Road acetate shaped and rubbed with my Sand It Gadget on the paper leaving the outline of the people. I pushed down on the edges in order to create the slightly embossed look.
Did you guess correctly? Seven, 7 types of Core’dinations cardstock in that pocket page!
David Tutera Celebrate A2 Assorted Patterned Bold Cards & Envelopes
David Tutera Celebrate Happy Birthday Layered Sentiments
David Tutera CelebrateBaby Girl Embellishment Kit
Core Essentials: French Roast, Izmir Purple
Spotted Jillian Dot: Snowflake
Sand It Gadget
Other: Xyron and American Crafts adhesive