Hi all! Tami Mayberry here with you today. I am super excited about the arrival of my first grandchild next month. That being said, when it comes to creating I have went into “baby on the brain” mode. So, today I have a quick and easy embossed baby card that I created using a Core’dinations A2 kraft card base.
Embossed Baby Card Supplies:
- Core’dinations Core Essentials Pastel cardstock pack (pink)
- Core’dinations kraft Deco-Edge A2 cards
- Darice® 4.25 x 5.75 Embossing Folder: Baby Clothes on Line
- Darice pink dot washi tape
- White self-adhesive pearls
- Lawn Fawn Plus One stamp set
- Clearsnap black ink pad
- Sizzix Big Shot die-cutting machines
- Scor-Pal scoring board
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® EZ Runer
Step 1: Begin with your choice of pre-made card bases from the Deco-Edge A2 Cards.
Step 2: Place card front inside embossing folder, as shown below, aligning the ends of the line with the top and left edges.
Step 3: Emboss image onto card front.
Step 4: Score 3 lines above decorate edge spaced 1/8-inch apart. Adhere a thin border cut from pink cardstock; embellish with pearls.
Step 5: Cut a 5.5 x 4.25-inch piece from pink cardstock. Adhere to inside panel of card. Stamp sentiment; attach Washi Tape.
Hi all! Tami Mayberry here with you today to share a quick and easy gift idea that can be customized for any occasion or recipient. I began with a Design-A-Mug kit and replaced the included liner with a custom insert created with Core’dinations patterned paper and cardstocks. The possibilities are endless!
Custom Mug Supplies:
- Core’dinations Core Essential Brights 12 x 12 cardstock
- Core’dinations Teal Stripe patterned paper (#GX-2300-63)
- Darice Design-A-Mug Kit
- Sizzix Dies: Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die – Scallops #2 (#660270), Bigz Alphabet Set 4 Dies – Fresh Blossoms Alphabet (#659963), Originals Die – Hearts #3 (#660273)
- Sizzix Big Shot die-cutting machine
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®: EZ Runner, Adhesive Sheets
Step 1: Trim patterned paper to the same size as supplied mug liner.
Step 2: Die-cut two 12-inch scalloped border shapes from Atoll Aqua color cardstock.
Step 3: Die-cut “MOM” from Heartfelt cardstock and heart from Love Potion cardstock. Adhere die-cut pieces to patterned paper liner.
Step 4: Insert customized liner into mug and replace inner liner.
Hey friends, Adrianne here with you today to share a fun collection of wall art that I made for my daughter’s room using scrapbook paper and Mod Podge. Some simple die-cut hexagons arranged in a few shades of purple and gray came together here for an easy-to-make set of 3 wall panels.
Hexagon Wall Art Supplies:
- Core Basics Patterned Paper in two color schemes (3-5 patterns of each color)
- Three 10×10 inch wooden canvas panels
- White spray paint
- Sizzix Big Shot and 2-1/4″ Hexagon die (makes 4″ hexies)
- Paper trimmer
- Hard coat Mod Podge
- Sawtooth hangers
Step 1. Spray paint your wooden canvas panels white. While they’re drying, use your Sizzix Big Shot and hexagon die, and die-cut 24 hexagons in various related colors. I opted for purple and gray (to match my daughter’s room – which is why there’s SO much purple in these photos) but this would work well with any color scheme, or a totally random assortment of your favorite papers.
Step 2. When your panels are dry, lay out the hexagons to determine placement. I spaced mine about 1/8 inch apart. Trim the hexies that hang over the edges, and save the scraps. You can use them to fill in along the sides, top, or bottom of your panel to fill the entire square surface.
Step 3. Add a generous amount of Mod Podge to the back side of the hexagon, and allow it to sit for a moment. You will notice the paper begin to curl, as the Mod Podge soaks in. Then, place it and press it down securely. Repeat this until your panel is full. If you have ever put up wallpaper – you’ll find that using Mod Podge is very similar! When you have each hexagon in place, smooth it out as well as you can, taking take to make sure the edges are secure.
Step 4. When all your hexies are placed, add a final coat of Mod Podge to the top of the panel to seal it. If you notice a few bubbles, don’t panic, especially if it has begun to dry. Allowing it to dry overnight will often fix these little wrinkles.
Step 5. Add a sawtooth hanger to the back of each panel, and hang them! These panels add a pop of color to any empty wall without requiring special artistic skills. The paper you choose will set the tone, whether you’re using modern patterns, primary colors, soft florals, or retro prints. It’s a great way to use up scraps of your favorite papers, or just put your paper passion on display!
Thanks for joining me today on this adventure in home decor!
Hi All! Tami Mayberry here with you today. I don’t know about you, but I am so ready for Spring. Even though we are in the middle of Winter here I still like to create projects with flowers and dream of warmer weather. Today I have one of those projects to share with you using some Core’dinations Tim Holtz Distress Collection cardstock- and dies from Sizzix by Tim as well. Not only is it filled with layers of texture, it can be used for any occasion and created in any color you desire!
Tattered Floral Tag Supplies:
- Core’dinations Tim Holtz Distress Collection cardstock
- Core’dinations Sand It Gadget
- Sizzix Tim Holtz dies: Tattered Florals (#656640), Framelits 8pk Tag Collection (#658784); Garden Greens (#659436)
- Wooden button
- Rose-colored thread
- Scrapbook Adhesive by 3L®: 3D Foam squares, adhesive dots, EZ Runner
- Tombow Mono Adhesive
Step 1: Die-cut largest tag shape from Linen cardstock and hole reinforcement from Black Soot cardstock. Sand edges; adhere together.
Step 2: Die-cut vine shape from Forest Moss and Peeled Paint cardstocks. Add veins to leaves using stylus. Sand and shape as desired. Adhere Forest Moss layer to tag using feature photo as a guide and trimming as needed. Layer Peeled Paint layer on top of previous layer adhering only along stems and curving leaves upward.
Step 3: Die-cut two flower shapes from Victorian Velvet cardstock and one from Tattered Rose cardstock; sand lightly. Shape layers as desired; layer together as shown alternating colors and using foam squares in between layers. Adhere assembled flower to tag.
Step 4: Thread button with thread. Attach to center of flower using adhesive dot.
Hi All! Tami Mayberry here with you again today to share another clean and simple card project great for any occasion.
Thinking of You Card Supplies:
- Core’dinations Vintage 6 x 6 cardstock pad
- Core’dinations Core Basics Smooth White cardstock
- Core’dinations vellum quotes
- Sand-It Gadget
- 3 turquoise self-adhesive rhinestones
- 2 turquoise mini brads
- Sizzix Dies: Calendar Months (#660104), Tim Holtz Mixed Media (#660220), Ornate Labels (#659711)
- Scrapbook Adhesive by 3L® 3D Foam Squares
- Tombow Mono adhesive
Step 1: Die-cut around desired vellum sentiment using Ornate Label die.
Step 2: Die-cut same size label from white cardstock. Attach vellum layer to cardstock label using brads.
Step 3: Using Calendar Months dies, die-cut three sets of flower shapes from desired cardstock; sand top layers lightly as desired using Sand-It Gadget.
Step 4: Cut a 4 x 5 1/4-inch piece from green cardstock; die-cut Mixed Media shape from bottom left corner.
Step 5: Form a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2-inch card from smooth white cardstock; adhere die-cut pieces to card front, layering together as shown and using foam squares for flower layers.
Heart Candle Wrap Supplies:
- Core’dinations Pop Dot cardstock (white)
- Core’dinations Glitter Silk cardstock (Princess Pink)
- Core’dinations Gemstones cardstock (Moonstone, Blue Topaz)
- Dollar Tree candle holder
- Pink self-adhesive rhinestones
- Sizzix dies: Sizzlits Decorative Strip Dots & Scallops (#656541), Bigz Banners & Hearts (#659958)
- Scor-Pal Scor-Tape
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® Dodz adhesive dots
Step 1: Mark height of candle on back of Pop Dot cardstock; cut out.
Step 2: Wrap Pop Dot cardstock around candle; mark length and trim to fit. Adhere to candle.
Step 3: Die-cut borders from pink Glitter Silk cardstock. Adhere to candle.
Step 4: Die-cut hearts from blue Gemstones cardstock; attach to candle using adhesive dots. Attach rhinestones.
And that’s it!! You now have a customized candle ready to decorate your favorite table or shelf.