Texture and mixed media are the “buzz” words now, and Core’dinations papers are the perfect paper for this trend. Not only is the paper great for tearing, embossing, and distressing to add texture, but many of the papers have an aged look already, like the Tim Holtz Shattered Collection that I used to create this Bee Well Soon Card.
“Bee Well Soon” Card Supplies:
- Kraft-core Shattered
- Kraft-core Nostalgic
- Stampendous: Queen Bee, Timeless Tags Stamps
- Penny Black: Sweet As Honey (sentiment) stamp
- Sizzix: Book Cover #1 Embossing Folder
- Spellbinders: Classic Ovals Small, Pierced Ovals Die Sets, Grand Calibur Machine
- Close To My Heart Heat Tool
- May Arts Ribbons: 445-15-32; SM-27
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: Delicata Golden Glitz; Versafine Onyx Black; Memnto Luxe Elderberry ink pads; and Shimmer Spritz Sparkle; Radiant Neon Amplify – Black, Electric Yellow; Clear Embossing Powder
- Madeira: Gold Thread
- Xyron Adhesives
- Tapestry Needle
Step 2. Rub gold ink over the raised areas and sprinkle with clear embossing powder and heat set.
Step 3. Stamp the bee and die cut.
Step 4. Add hand stitching around the oval panel.
Step 5. Paint the bee with Amplify! and heat set to create dimension.
Step 6. Layer the card as shown with mats, sentiment and ribbons.
There are so many techniques to try using Core’dinations! Just jump in and give it a go.
Hi there Core Fans! It’s Joann with you today to share a fun little home decor project that I think would be perfect to give to any hostess as a thank you or even a decorative piece for your own home.
Here is a closer look at the lampshade detail featuring some of the lovely core patterned paper. Inside the lampshade I included a flameless tea light candle which gave it such a pretty look when the flickering light was reflected from the acetate die cut windows.
Tabletop Blossom Lamp Supplies:
- Core’dinations Chalk Core Colors
- Core’dinations Patterned Paper in Cream Plaid
- Sand It Gadget & Dust Buddy
- Spellbinders M-Bossabilities Garden Lattice
- Spellbinders Medallion Four
- Spellbinders Bitty Blossoms
- Liquid Adhesive
- Tabletop Lamp From The Maison de Madeline SVG Kit
- Silhouette Cameo
To make this project follow these steps.
Step 1. Cut the base of the lamp from Chalk Core Colors paper and the shade from Cream Plaid Patterned Paper.
Step 2. Cut a second set of the base pieces from the Chalk Core Colors paper, cut off the tabs and emboss with the embossing folder that you like. Once embossed, sand using your sand-it-gadget and don’t forget to cleanup with your dust buddy!
Step 3. Assemble the pieces ensuring that you pieces line up correctly.
Step 4. For detailed assembly of the tabletop lamp, the creator of the cut file has a good tutorial here so be sure to check it out.
Thanks for stopping by for a peek… Have a wonderful day my crafty friends!
During the holiday season, it is easy to focus on getting those Christmas cards made and sent out, but this time of year, we also need a steady supply of thank you cards. This trendy chalkboard card fits the bill. Add an easy matching envelope, and you have a stunning set!
Snowflake Card & Envelope Supplies:
- Chalk Core White A2 Cards with Envelopes
- Chalk Core Colors 4 x 6 Paper
- Glitter Silk Cardstock
- Sand-It Gadget
- Darice Embossing Folder – Snowflake
- Spellbinders Dies: Snowflake Wonder; Labels 28; Decorative Labels 28
- Cuttlebug – Thanks Die
- Zva Creative Gems
- May Arts Ribbon
- Xyron Adhesive
Step 1. Score each side of the card front to create a border. Sand with the Sand-It Gadget to reveal the chalkboard effect.
Step 2. Die cut the label, then emboss with the folder. Sand the edges and the designs.
Step 3. Die cut the decorative label. Mount on the card base with foam adhesives. Mount the snowflake label on top with more foam adhesives.
Step 4. Add gems and ribbon to decorate.
Step 5. Die cut snowflakes with Glitter Silk and layer on the card.
Step 6. Die cut the sentiment and mount on another die cut label for the inside greeting.
Step 1. Emboss a piece of the colored chalkboard with the Snowflake folder.
Step 2. Tear the edge of the embossed paper. Trim to fit the envelope and adhere.
Step 3. Add glitter glue to the centers of the snowflakes.
Get started crafting now! Then you can have your thank-you cards ready to go, and you can sit back and enjoy the holidays.
Mary Pat here with you today bringing you a super fun card using Core’dinations cardstock and Core Tags. I love tags! Tags can be used in so many more ways other than your typical gift tag. Today I use a Core Tag as the center focal point for my card.
Fall Fox Card Supplies:
- Core’dinations Essentials Snowflake
- Core Tags
- Core Basics 110 lb. Smooth
- Sand It Gadget
- Dust Buddy
- Lawn Fawn stamps and dies
- Lawn Fawn pattern paper
- Jenni Bowlin ink
- Spellbinders embossing folder
- Memento ink
- Spectrum Noir markers and pencils
Here is a close up of the texture that was created using the embossing folder and sanding the Core Tag. In the video below, you will find complete directions on how to create your own tag just like this!
I created a video for you on demonstrating some of the techniques I used to make this card.
~ Mary Pat