We are continuing our week with Petaloo and Xyron! We have teamed up with some of our favorite adhesive and flowers for a week full of inspiration and, of course, PRIZES! Please go to THIS post to see how you can enter to win this:
Give Thanks Layout by Christine Meyer
I always love the opportunity to get a favorite picture onto a layout and stored as a lifetime memory – today I have a fall layout to share with you featuring products from Core’dinations, Xyron, and Petaloo that does just that. Christine joining you today to share a layout of some of my kiddos with their Grandma enjoying a fall tradition – leaf piles.
Give Thanks Layout Supplies:
- Tim Holtz Kraft Core Seasonal Impressions
- Jillian Snowflake Spotted
- Core Basics Kraft
- Core Tags – Dark Assorted
- Dust Buddy & Sand-it Gadget
- Tim Holtz Kraft Core Nostalgic Collection No. 3
- Coredinations Vellum Quotes & Titles
- Darice Leaf Embossing Folder
- Petaloo Crochet Lace Fancy Trim – Paprika
- Petaloo Darjeeling Petites Autumn
- Petaloo Darjeeling Mini Mix
- Petaloo Darjeeling Petites Teastained Red
- Petaloo Trim Assorted Whites
- Xyron 3 Inch Sticker Maker
- Xyron Mega Runner
- Xyron High Tack Adhesive Dots
Step 2: Cut out the center of the Seasonal Impressions cardstock – leaving just a one inch border. Sand the border and use the Xyron Mega Runne to add Spotted Cardstock underneath as the base.
Step 3: Add Tags and Red Cardstock to create the center of your layout use the Xyron 3 Inch Sticker Maker. Add Petaloo trims to the Xyron 3 inch Sticker Maker and then attach them above and below. Step 4: Run the vellum quote thru the Xyron 3 Inch Sticker Maker. This is the best way to attach vellum because it doesn’t show up at all! Add the vellum to the tag. Step 5: Put the picture on top of the Kraft cardstock and center it.
Step 6: Add a die cut banner and Embellish the corners with Petaloo Darjeeling Flowers. Xyron’s High Tack Adhesive Dots make attaching small flowers like this an easy job! Products like this make it both easy and fun to put together a layout that we can cherish forever!
Count Your Blessings Layout by Suzanna Lee
Do you have those family dinner table picture that we all take at Thanksgiving, and once you finally seen them think, “ugh! how am I going to scrap that?”. Well fret no more! I have the solution for you. First, convert your picture to black and white. The conversion will soften the clash between Auntie Rose’s purple hair and Grandpa Jack’s hot pink tie and allow you to use the colors of your choice in your layout, just as I did here!
Count Your Blessings Layout Supplies:
- Core’dinations Core Impressions, Basic Grey Ornate
- Core’dinations Core Impressions, Jenni Bowlin Studio, Brown and Cream
- Core’dinations Tim Holtz, Kraft Core, Shattered
- Core’dinations Tim Holtz, Kraft Core, Adirondack
- Core’dinations Sand It Gadget
- Core’dinations Dust Buddy
- Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress Ink
- Petaloo Dahlias, Red/Fuschias
- Petaloo Mini Daisies, Red, Fuchias
- Xyron Adhesive Dots
- Xyron Mega Runner
Step 1:To create both bases of your layout, you will need your trusty Core’dinations steeds; your Sand It Gadget and your Dust Buddy. Sand the edges of the the Basic Grey Core Impressions and wipe the dust with your Dust Buddy to reveal the colored core. If you would like a bit more definition to the border of the page, as I did, then use some Distress ink around the edges. Fussy cut out the Jenni Bowlin Square Label paper and similarly, sand and dust it.
Step 2: Layer a long banner cut from Tim Holtz Shattered cardstock that you sanded and rubbed with some Distress Paint with your picture, Petaloo flowers and some die cut leaves. The PERFECT adhesive to stick Petaloo flowers down with is Xyron’s adhesive dots! They come in two sizes, 3/16 inch which is perfect for the little daises I used on the bottom, right hand corner of my page and the larger, 3/8 inch dots for the larger Petaloo flowers!
Step 3: Whatever was not put together with Adhesive Dots, was put everything together with my Xyron MegaRunner! I just love the ability to drop in the cartridge and set to work. No fuss running tape here, there and everywhere or having it snap and need to be re-thread mid-project! Just remove the spent cartridge and pop in a new one and you are good to go!
Hi friends! It’s Joy here, sharing a fun fall box that can hold sweet treats or any small thoughtful gift!
Friends Owlways Faux Wood Crate Supplies:
- Core’dinations Tillie Dot Cardstock
- Core’dinations Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress Collection Cardstock
- 3D Wooden Crate svg #66549 in Silhouette Store
- Sand It Gadget & Dust Buddy
- Darice Wood Grain Embossing Folder
- Cut ‘n’ Boss Embossing Machine
- Joy’s Life Punny Animals Stamp Set
- Fine Black Embossing Powder
- Darice Heat Gun
- Stamp Block
- Pop Dots
- Zip Dry Paper Glue
- Xyron Sticker Machine
- SEI Furry Friends Coaster Tags
- Silhouette Cameo
Step 1. Use the Silhouette Cameo to cut out all the pieces for the 3D Wooden Crate from Core’dinations Tillie Dot Cardstock and Core’dinations Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress Collection Cardstock. These are the pieces that make up the box.
Step 2. Emboss the top layer pieces using the Darice Wood Grain embossing folder. I used Core’dinations Tillie Dot cardstock for the main part of the box.
Step 3. After embossing, sand the raised areas. It really brings out the texture!
Step 4. Glue and assemble the pieces.
Step 6. Heat emboss the tag with a stamped sentiment.
Step 7. Here’s a side view of that gorgeous paper! Don’t you love the way it embosses and looks after the Tille Dot is sanded?
Happy fall y’all!
I’m excited to be sharing with you my first project on the Core blog today! While I’m mainly a Clean and Simple card making girl I do enjoy other crafts as well, including inexpensive home decor items. For today’s project I made a fall candle wrap for 50 cent candle holder I bought at Goodwill!
Autumn Blessings Candle Wrap Supplies:
- Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered Collection
- Neutral Assorted Mini Tags
- Dust Buddy and Sand it Gadget
- Glass candle holder
- Sweet N Sassy Stamps Autumn Lovin’ Cocoa stamp set
- Clearsnap Stephanie Barnard chocolate ink pad
- May Arts trims: lace edge burlap, jute twine (red, brown)
- Red mini clothes pin
- Sizzix Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves die (#656927)
- Sizzix Big Shot die-cutting machine
- Clearsnap sponge dauber
- Small ball stylus
- Embossing mat
- Scrapbook Adhesive by 3L®: Dodz adhesive dots, double-sided tape
Step 1: Die-cut leaf shapes from Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered Collection cardstock in desired colors.
Step 3: Flip leaf back over; sand lightly using Dust Buddy and Sand It Gadget.
Hi Core’dinations fans! Christine joining you for the first time and I am going to share a Halloween layout that I created focusing in on the Tim Holtz Seasonal Impressions Pack.
Halloween Layout Supplies:
- Tim Holtz Kraft Core Seasonal Impressions Halloween No 18 & Halloween No 24
- Sand It Gadget
- Dust Buddy
- Spotted 6 X 6
- Core Essentials in Tulip
- Core Basics in Kraft
- Fashion Tag Lg Ivory
- Darice Letter Stickers
- Bakers Twine
- Enamel Dot
Step 3: Cut out and sand orange and green pieces from the 6 X 6 spotted cardstock. Add the orange beneath the picture in the center.
Step 4: Punch out circles using the green spotted cardstock and kraft basics. Punch out stars using the Tulip Core Essentials cardstock. Use those to embellish around the picture. Add the Fashion Tags for journaling.
Don’t you just love how a little sanding can take cardstock somewhere very special!?!
Raise your hand if you love pumpkins for fall decorating. (I’m raising both of mine!) I love how versatile they are and that you can use them from the beginning of fall all the way through Halloween and Thanksgiving. There are a lot of pumpkins at my house. Today we’re going to do a vellum pumpkin centerpiece with lots of class and that can easily be changed up for any occasion. Let’s get started!
Vellum Pumpkin Centerpiece Supplies:
- Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered Collection
- Core Basics Vellum
- Darice 6″ Paper Mache Pumpkin
- Decoupage Glue
- Foam Brush
- Electronic cutter or craft knife
Step 1: Tear strips of vellum. Paint one side of the strips with decoupage glue, and begin adhering them to the pumpkin. Vellum is a stiff paper by nature, so you may need to hold it on the pumpkin for a few seconds while the glue begins to bond. Don’t forget the stem!
Step 2: Continue around the pumpkin covering everything twice for a more even appearance, and let dry.
Step 3: Tie a ribbon around the stem.
Step 4: Cut three leaves using a craft knife or electronic cutter. Adhere them to the pumpkin using the decoupage glue.
Looking for a not so scary decorations for your Halloween festivities? How about this lovely fall witch’s hat?
Leafy Witch Hat Supplies:
- Tim Holtz Kraft Core Nostalgic Collection
- Glitter Silk 6×6 Cardstock
- Core’dinations Sand it Gadget
- Foamies Black Witch Dress Up Hat
- Darice wired 7/8 inch Wired Metallic Copper Ribbon
- 4 inch Burlap Flower
- Leaf Die Cut and Embossing Folder
- Die Cut Machine
- Hot Glue
Step 1. Die cut, emboss, and sand leaves. I made a total of 12 leaves, 4 of each color: No. 6, No. 7, and No. 20; yellow, orange and brown. After sanding wipe each down with your Sand-it Gadget.
Step 2. This step is not necessary, but for added interest and depth, you can ink the edges of the leaves.
Step 3. To create spiral flower, begin by drawing a spiral on the back of the copper Glitter Silk sheet.
Step 4. Cut along drawn line.
Step 5. Roll flower from outside edge and adhere to center when complete. I like to step on the flower a bit to add more dimension.
Step 6. Adhere burlap flower and metallic ribbon to hat.
Step 7. Attach leaves behind burlap flower.
Step 8. Finish by adding rolled flower to center of burlap flower.