Hi friends! It’s Joy here, sharing a fun fall box that can hold sweet treats or any small thoughtful gift!
Friends Owlways Faux Wood Crate Supplies:
- Core’dinations Tillie Dot Cardstock
- Core’dinations Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress Collection Cardstock
- 3D Wooden Crate svg #66549 in Silhouette Store
- Sand It Gadget & Dust Buddy
- Darice Wood Grain Embossing Folder
- Cut ‘n’ Boss Embossing Machine
- Joy’s Life Punny Animals Stamp Set
- Fine Black Embossing Powder
- Darice Heat Gun
- Stamp Block
- Pop Dots
- Zip Dry Paper Glue
- Xyron Sticker Machine
- SEI Furry Friends Coaster Tags
- Silhouette Cameo
Step 1. Use the Silhouette Cameo to cut out all the pieces for the 3D Wooden Crate from Core’dinations Tillie Dot Cardstock and Core’dinations Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress Collection Cardstock. These are the pieces that make up the box.
Step 2. Emboss the top layer pieces using the Darice Wood Grain embossing folder. I used Core’dinations Tillie Dot cardstock for the main part of the box.
Step 3. After embossing, sand the raised areas. It really brings out the texture!
Step 4. Glue and assemble the pieces.
Step 6. Heat emboss the tag with a stamped sentiment.
Step 7. Here’s a side view of that gorgeous paper! Don’t you love the way it embosses and looks after the Tille Dot is sanded?
Happy fall y’all!
I’m excited to be sharing with you my first project on the Core blog today! While I’m mainly a Clean and Simple card making girl I do enjoy other crafts as well, including inexpensive home decor items. For today’s project I made a fall candle wrap for 50 cent candle holder I bought at Goodwill!
Autumn Blessings Candle Wrap Supplies:
- Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered Collection
- Neutral Assorted Mini Tags
- Dust Buddy and Sand it Gadget
- Glass candle holder
- Sweet N Sassy Stamps Autumn Lovin’ Cocoa stamp set
- Clearsnap Stephanie Barnard chocolate ink pad
- May Arts trims: lace edge burlap, jute twine (red, brown)
- Red mini clothes pin
- Sizzix Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves die (#656927)
- Sizzix Big Shot die-cutting machine
- Clearsnap sponge dauber
- Small ball stylus
- Embossing mat
- Scrapbook Adhesive by 3L®: Dodz adhesive dots, double-sided tape
Step 1: Die-cut leaf shapes from Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered Collection cardstock in desired colors.
Step 3: Flip leaf back over; sand lightly using Dust Buddy and Sand It Gadget.
Hi Core’dinations fans! Christine joining you for the first time and I am going to share a Halloween layout that I created focusing in on the Tim Holtz Seasonal Impressions Pack.
Halloween Layout Supplies:
- Tim Holtz Kraft Core Seasonal Impressions Halloween No 18 & Halloween No 24
- Sand It Gadget
- Dust Buddy
- Spotted 6 X 6
- Core Essentials in Tulip
- Core Basics in Kraft
- Fashion Tag Lg Ivory
- Darice Letter Stickers
- Bakers Twine
- Enamel Dot
Step 3: Cut out and sand orange and green pieces from the 6 X 6 spotted cardstock. Add the orange beneath the picture in the center.
Step 4: Punch out circles using the green spotted cardstock and kraft basics. Punch out stars using the Tulip Core Essentials cardstock. Use those to embellish around the picture. Add the Fashion Tags for journaling.
Don’t you just love how a little sanding can take cardstock somewhere very special!?!
Raise your hand if you love pumpkins for fall decorating. (I’m raising both of mine!) I love how versatile they are and that you can use them from the beginning of fall all the way through Halloween and Thanksgiving. There are a lot of pumpkins at my house. Today we’re going to do a vellum pumpkin centerpiece with lots of class and that can easily be changed up for any occasion. Let’s get started!
Vellum Pumpkin Centerpiece Supplies:
- Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered Collection
- Core Basics Vellum
- Darice 6″ Paper Mache Pumpkin
- Decoupage Glue
- Foam Brush
- Electronic cutter or craft knife
Step 1: Tear strips of vellum. Paint one side of the strips with decoupage glue, and begin adhering them to the pumpkin. Vellum is a stiff paper by nature, so you may need to hold it on the pumpkin for a few seconds while the glue begins to bond. Don’t forget the stem!
Step 2: Continue around the pumpkin covering everything twice for a more even appearance, and let dry.
Step 3: Tie a ribbon around the stem.
Step 4: Cut three leaves using a craft knife or electronic cutter. Adhere them to the pumpkin using the decoupage glue.
Looking for a not so scary decorations for your Halloween festivities? How about this lovely fall witch’s hat?
Leafy Witch Hat Supplies:
- Tim Holtz Kraft Core Nostalgic Collection
- Glitter Silk 6×6 Cardstock
- Core’dinations Sand it Gadget
- Foamies Black Witch Dress Up Hat
- Darice wired 7/8 inch Wired Metallic Copper Ribbon
- 4 inch Burlap Flower
- Leaf Die Cut and Embossing Folder
- Die Cut Machine
- Hot Glue
Step 1. Die cut, emboss, and sand leaves. I made a total of 12 leaves, 4 of each color: No. 6, No. 7, and No. 20; yellow, orange and brown. After sanding wipe each down with your Sand-it Gadget.
Step 2. This step is not necessary, but for added interest and depth, you can ink the edges of the leaves.
Step 3. To create spiral flower, begin by drawing a spiral on the back of the copper Glitter Silk sheet.
Step 4. Cut along drawn line.
Step 5. Roll flower from outside edge and adhere to center when complete. I like to step on the flower a bit to add more dimension.
Step 6. Adhere burlap flower and metallic ribbon to hat.
Step 7. Attach leaves behind burlap flower.
Step 8. Finish by adding rolled flower to center of burlap flower.
Celebrate your next Birthday with a Core’dinations Black Magic card. With some simple sanding and heat embossing you can make it look just like chalkboard!
Black Magic Birthday Card Supplies:
- Black Magic
- Glitter Silk
- Core Basics White A2 Cardbases
- Dust Buddy
- Sand it Gadget
- Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress embossing powder
- Tim Holtz & Ranger clear ink pad
- Heat Gun and embossing tools
- May Arts Ribbon
- Xyron adhesive
- Stampin’ Up! border punch
- Scor Pal
- Gina K Stamps
Step 1. Begin by sanding the Black Magic cardstock first. It’s important you sand BEFORE you stamp and wipe dust with Dust Buddy. Removing excess sand will help the clear ink pad stamp clearly to ensure a crisp image when you emboss.
Step 2. Emboss with Tim Holtz & Ranger heat embossing powder. I like to use my scraps because sometimes it takes a few tries to get a good image.
Step 3. Add layers of Glitter Silk and more Black Magic along with embellishments.