April 19, 2015 by Core'dinator
Filed under Cards & Tags, Core Blog, Core Projects, May Arts Ribbon, Spellbinders, Tim Holtz & Ranger Collection, Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress collection, Tombow Adhesive
A special time in one’s life is graduation day. The preparation leading up to this event is enjoyable by all families. Ava here to share a card for my niece who will be graduating and the school colors are red, white and black.
Graduation Card Supplies:
- Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress Collection, Fire Brick Red Cardstock
- Graphic 45 Signature Series, Photogenic
- Core Essentials Cardstock, Snowflake
- Sand it Gadget & Dust Buddy
- May Arts Ribbon
- Tombow Adhesive
- Spellbinders label 8 dies
- Clearsnap Colorbox Ink
Step 1. Die cut a few labels from Spellbinders, emboss, ink and you have a multi-layered card.
Step 2. Tearing Core’dinations Cardstock for a distressed edge is my favorite technique. Here I used Tim Holtz and Ranger Distress Collection, Fire Brick Red Cardstock.
Step 3. Heat embossed my sentiment in black ink and stamped my star’s in Red, Clearsnap Colorbox Ink.
Step 4. Layer the label die cuts with foam squares from Tombow, add some rhinestones and a bow.
Texture and mixed media are the “buzz” words now, and Core’dinations papers are the perfect paper for this trend. Not only is the paper great for tearing, embossing, and distressing to add texture, but many of the papers have an aged look already, like the Tim Holtz Shattered Collection that I used to create this Bee Well Soon Card.
“Bee Well Soon” Card Supplies:
- Kraft-core Shattered
- Kraft-core Nostalgic
- Stampendous: Queen Bee, Timeless Tags Stamps
- Penny Black: Sweet As Honey (sentiment) stamp
- Sizzix: Book Cover #1 Embossing Folder
- Spellbinders: Classic Ovals Small, Pierced Ovals Die Sets, Grand Calibur Machine
- Close To My Heart Heat Tool
- May Arts Ribbons: 445-15-32; SM-27
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukineko: Delicata Golden Glitz; Versafine Onyx Black; Memnto Luxe Elderberry ink pads; and Shimmer Spritz Sparkle; Radiant Neon Amplify – Black, Electric Yellow; Clear Embossing Powder
- Madeira: Gold Thread
- Xyron Adhesives
- Tapestry Needle
Step 2. Rub gold ink over the raised areas and sprinkle with clear embossing powder and heat set.
Step 3. Stamp the bee and die cut.
Step 4. Add hand stitching around the oval panel.
Step 5. Paint the bee with Amplify! and heat set to create dimension.
Step 6. Layer the card as shown with mats, sentiment and ribbons.
There are so many techniques to try using Core’dinations! Just jump in and give it a go.
- Signature Series Lights Graphic 45 – Lemon Chiffon, Precious Pink, Vintage Rode, Spring Green, Creme Brulee, Robin’s EggTim Holtz & Ranger Distress Collection – Stormy Sky
- Sand It Gadget & Dust Buddy
- David Tutera Celebrate White Card Base
- Misc: Jillibean Soup ‘hello’ sentiment sticker
- Spotted Tillie Dot – Snowflake
- Spotted Jillian Dot – Vanilla Creme
- Core Essentials – Nightfall
- Tim Holtz Kraft Core Nostalgic Collection – No. 6
- Core Essentials – French Roast, Vanilla Creme
- Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress Collection – Bundled Sage, Forest Moss, Peeled Paint
- Sand It Gadget & Dust Buddy
- Misc: American Crafts Thickers, Jillibean Soup Alphabeans
Kate Nolan Denhame here and I am all about the Tim Holtz Distressed Cardstock from Core’dinations. Did you know this line of cardstock coordinates perfecly with most of the Distress Paints? It sure does!
3) Cut a 5″ x 3.75″ piece of Snowflake Core’dinations Cardstock. This will be your canvas for the matching Distress Paints.
5) Run your Distress Paint along the top of the wave stencil. *Some hints on this one…test your Distress Paint before you use it on your cut cardstock & make sure do not use too much paint.
6) Delicately lift the stencil off of your cardstock.
9) Repeat steps 7 and 8.
10) Allow the paint to completely dry before adding a stamped sentiment in the bottom right hand corner (if you want it like my first card). For my second card I trimmed the painted mat by 1/2″ and split the sentiment.
11) Mat the painted cardstock onto the mats you created in step 2.
12) Glue the matted cardstock on to the center front of your card base.
13) Add simple embellishments around the sentiment.
14) Give to someone to enjoy!
Happy Friday! Who is ready for some more December Daily inspo from Vivian Keh? I know I am!
Hello, Core fans! Vivian Keh here today to share with you a few more pages from my December Daily. How is yours coming along?
How quickly the days pass when it comes to December Dailies, don’t you agree? I’m having to mark my calendar so I don’t lose track of what I plan to use for each day in December. I’m really glad that I decided to craft this project as the month proceeds instead of ahead of time, because as you can see, the photos very much informed how I chose to design each page. And since December is such a busy month for me and probably for many of you, I decided to keep my pages really simple.
For this page, I paired some lovely colors from the Core’dinations Tim Holtz Nostalgic Kraft Core Collection with a few pretty Kaisercraft patterned papers in order to create a knit-inspired pattern. The shapes were die-cut from a fantastic basic shape Sizzix die called Leaves, Tear Drop.
We have been busy trying to ready our home for about 25 of my in-laws visiting on Christmas day. As of December 1st, the living room was still completely unfurnished, but things are moving along. Part of the preparations involved a trip to IKEA for fast, affordable furnishings – love that place, especially the cafeteria, where we stopped first to fill our tummies with some Swedish meatballs.
I couldn’t get over how many meatballs were heaped on DH’s plate, and of course I teased him about it. Using just a circle punch, I jokingly exaggerated the number of meatballs he consumed. They were all cut from warm brown Core’dinations hues – French Roast and Latte from our Core Essentials, and Hazelnut from the Tim Holtz Adirondack Collection.
My photo on this page features a project made while hubbie was on a business trip. His presence was definitely missed, but I made use of the time, checking off items on the to-do list, crafting projects such as this wreath.
The wreath in the photo uses a beautifully pre-embossed cardstock from Core’dinations’ Core Amour Collection. I created a perfectly coordinated page using the same Core Amour cardstock and a new die that I love, the Sizzix Doily, Classical Lace Bigz Die. If you are curious about the wreath, I have more details on that over on my blog.
Thanks so much for visiting with me today! Wishing you happy holidays filled with much joy and love.
Core’dinations – Tim Holtz Nostalgic Kraft Core Collection,
French Roast and Latte from our Core Essentials,
Hazelnut from the Tim Holtz & Ranger Adirondack Collection
Core’dinations’ Core Amour Collection
Sand-it Gadget, Dust Buddy