Celebrate your next Birthday with a Core’dinations Black Magic card. With some simple sanding and heat embossing you can make it look just like chalkboard!
Black Magic Birthday Card Supplies:
- Black Magic
- Glitter Silk
- Core Basics White A2 Cardbases
- Dust Buddy
- Sand it Gadget
- Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress embossing powder
- Tim Holtz & Ranger clear ink pad
- Heat Gun and embossing tools
- May Arts Ribbon
- Xyron adhesive
- Stampin’ Up! border punch
- Scor Pal
- Gina K Stamps
Step 1. Begin by sanding the Black Magic cardstock first. It’s important you sand BEFORE you stamp and wipe dust with Dust Buddy. Removing excess sand will help the clear ink pad stamp clearly to ensure a crisp image when you emboss.
Step 2. Emboss with Tim Holtz & Ranger heat embossing powder. I like to use my scraps because sometimes it takes a few tries to get a good image.
Step 3. Add layers of Glitter Silk and more Black Magic along with embellishments.
Hi friends! It’s Joy here, sharing a spooky Halloween paper lantern with you today. This will add a creepy, but cool, element to your haunted decor!
Spooky Halloween Lantern Supplies:
- Core’dinations Bright Colors Core Cardstock
- Core’dinations Tillie Dot Spotted Cardstock
- Core’dinations Core Basics Black
- Core’dinations Vellum Transparent Paper
- Lantern SVG from Spooky Soiree Kit by SVGCuts
- Darice Halloween LED Tea Lights
- Darice Self Stick Gems Orange
- Sand It Gadget & Dust Buddy
- Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug
- Cut ‘n’ Boss Embossing Machine
- Xyron 9″ Creative Station and 3″ Sticker Maker
- Silhouette Cameo
Step 1. Cut the lantern pieces using Core’dinations Bright Color cardstock along with solid black, vellum and black spotted Tillie Dot using your favorite electronic die cut machine.
Step 2. Emboss and sand all of the orange pieces and the black Spotted Tillie Dot spider using the Core’dinations Sand It Gadget.
Step 3. After embossing and sanding the pieces, I ran them through the Xyron 9″ Creative Station and the Xyron 3″ Sticker Maker. Those machines helped me quickly add adhesive to the panel pieces.
Step 4. I used a liquid adhesive to help me adhere the vellum to the inside of the lantern. By the way, that vellum cut without a problem in my Silhouette Cameo. YAY!
Step 5. Assemble the lantern and spider. Add two Darice Self Stick Gems to create eyes for the spider. Spooky!
Step 6. Add a Darice Halloween LED Tea Light to your lantern. I got black tea lights. They look cool!
Turn on your tea light and you’re ready to be spooky!
Hi everyone! I’m Joy and today I’m super happy to be sharing this project with you using Core’dinations great products!
- Core’dinations Essentials Cardstock
- Core Tags
- 110 lb. Smooth White card stock
- 80 lb. Canvas Texture Black card stock
- Sand It Gadget
- Dust Buddy
- Wood Grain Background Embossing Folder by Darice
- Stripe Background Embossing Folder by Darice
- 5/8 inch Chevron Grosgrain Ribbon: Gold and White
- Xyron Create A Sticker Machine – 2.5 inch
- Silhouette Cameo
- Joy’s Life Holiday Occasions stamp set
- Black Ink
- Pencil Shape Card – Silhouette ID #10126
- 3D Pencil – Silhouette ID #64599
Step 1: Cut the pencil 3D and card shapes using Core’dinations Neutrals and Bright Color cardstock along with solid black and white. They cut so well! A little side note: At first I cut the pencil card background in white but later I went back and cut it out in grey to match the band near the eraser of the 3D pencil. I thought that just looked better color-wise to match both project pieces.
Step 2: Emboss the pencil pieces as desired. Here, I’m using the wood grain background folder.
Step 3: Sand the pieces using the Core’dinations Sand It Gadget. That revealed a lighter color yellow on these pieces. That’s so cool!
Step 4: Adhere the pieces. I used my Xyron machine to add adhesive to the backs of these pieces. Then I added them to the pencil.
Isn’t all that sanded texture great?!
Step 5: Create a tag. I cut a small tag from the Core’dinations Bright Assorted Tags even smaller and backed it with a piece of Core’dinations black cardstock.
Step 6: Stamp a sentiment. Keep in mind that stamping on textured paper can give an uneven stamped image. You can fill in any spotty places with a marker. I did!
Step 7: Sand the tag and tie ribbon to finish the look.
That huge roll of Smarties can fit into the 3D pencil!
Now your project is ready for gift giving! Happy crafting! ~Joy
David Tutera Celebrate A2 Assorted Patterned Bold Cards & Envelopes
David Tutera Celebrate Happy Birthday Layered Sentiments
David Tutera CelebrateBaby Girl Embellishment Kit
Core Essentials: French Roast, Izmir Purple
Spotted Jillian Dot: Snowflake
Sand It Gadget
Other: Xyron and American Crafts adhesive