Hi everyone! I’m Joy and today I’m super happy to be sharing this project with you using Core’dinations great products!
- Core’dinations Essentials Cardstock
- Core Tags
- 110 lb. Smooth White card stock
- 80 lb. Canvas Texture Black card stock
- Sand It Gadget
- Dust Buddy
- Wood Grain Background Embossing Folder by Darice
- Stripe Background Embossing Folder by Darice
- 5/8 inch Chevron Grosgrain Ribbon: Gold and White
- Xyron Create A Sticker Machine – 2.5 inch
- Silhouette Cameo
- Joy’s Life Holiday Occasions stamp set
- Black Ink
- Pencil Shape Card – Silhouette ID #10126
- 3D Pencil – Silhouette ID #64599
Step 1: Cut the pencil 3D and card shapes using Core’dinations Neutrals and Bright Color cardstock along with solid black and white. They cut so well! A little side note: At first I cut the pencil card background in white but later I went back and cut it out in grey to match the band near the eraser of the 3D pencil. I thought that just looked better color-wise to match both project pieces.
Step 2: Emboss the pencil pieces as desired. Here, I’m using the wood grain background folder.
Step 3: Sand the pieces using the Core’dinations Sand It Gadget. That revealed a lighter color yellow on these pieces. That’s so cool!
Step 4: Adhere the pieces. I used my Xyron machine to add adhesive to the backs of these pieces. Then I added them to the pencil.
Isn’t all that sanded texture great?!
Step 5: Create a tag. I cut a small tag from the Core’dinations Bright Assorted Tags even smaller and backed it with a piece of Core’dinations black cardstock.
Step 6: Stamp a sentiment. Keep in mind that stamping on textured paper can give an uneven stamped image. You can fill in any spotty places with a marker. I did!
Step 7: Sand the tag and tie ribbon to finish the look.
That huge roll of Smarties can fit into the 3D pencil!
Now your project is ready for gift giving! Happy crafting! ~Joy