Mary Pat here with you today bringing you a super fun card using Core’dinations cardstock and Core Tags. I love tags! Tags can be used in so many more ways other than your typical gift tag. Today I use a Core Tag as the center focal point for my card.
Fall Fox Card Supplies:
- Core’dinations Essentials Snowflake
- Core Tags
- Core Basics 110 lb. Smooth
- Sand It Gadget
- Dust Buddy
- Lawn Fawn stamps and dies
- Lawn Fawn pattern paper
- Jenni Bowlin ink
- Spellbinders embossing folder
- Memento ink
- Spectrum Noir markers and pencils
Here is a close up of the texture that was created using the embossing folder and sanding the Core Tag. In the video below, you will find complete directions on how to create your own tag just like this!
I created a video for you on demonstrating some of the techniques I used to make this card.
~ Mary Pat
Hi Everyone! Mary Pat here with you today and I have a really fun card that is easy to make and the kids can even join in and have fun making it too. What makes it great for kids, is that it is super easy and you don’t need a ton of supplies. All the supplies are kid friendly! Check out my video at the end of this post for more details.
Halloween Monster Card Supplies:
- Core Essentials
- Core Basics 11o lb. smooth
- Sand It Gadget
- Dust Buddy
- Circle Punches ( 1 1/4 inch and 3/4 inch)
- Xyron sticker maker
- The Alley Way stamps
- Hero Arts stamps
- Spectrum Noir pencils
- Hero Arts ink
All you need are four different kinds of cardstock, some scissors and punches. Oh, and don’t forget that Sand it Gadget to accent the paper tearing and distressing as seen below:
I have a quick video to share with you today on how I made this card. Enjoy!
Today I have two cards using our Core Basics line. The Vellum and 110 lb Smooth White cardstock are great for stamping. And even though the Kraft and Black cardstocks are not sandable, they still look great embossed, scored and punched!
Core Basics Cards Supplies:
- Core Basics: 110 lb Smooth cardstock, Smooth
- Kraft, Smooth Black, Textured Kraft and Vellum
- David Tutera Celebrate white cardstock base
- Fiskars Punch
- Memento Ink
- May Arts twine
- Misc button
- Darice embossing folder
- Papertrey Ink dies
- MyStampBox Stamps
- Tim Holtz Tiny Attacher
Happy Day Card
Step 1. Emboss black cardstock and adhere to card base.
Step 2. Stamp sentiment and cut in a banner shape. Gently fold it over a pencil to curl it.
Step 3. Adhere with embellishments.
Step 1. Stamp on a piece vellum, let dry.
Step 2. Adhere with staples over punched images.
Embossing your Glitter Silk Cardstock is a great way to add interest to your projects. With it’s high quality, it embosses beautifully!
Embossed Glitter Silk Card Supplies:
- White 110lb Cardstock Smooth
- Glitter Silk Bermuda Bling
- Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection No.11
- Sand-It Gadget
- Dust Buddy
- Jet Black ink Ranger
- Darice Stars embossing folder
- Crafter’s Companion Embossalicious Dots embossing folder
- Big Shot
- Sentiments Stamp
- Petaloo Botanica Bloom Pistachio
- May Arts Ribbon
- Sequin and Stars
- Sewing Machine
Step 1. Make card base from cardstock.
Step 2. Emboss Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection No.11 using Dots embossing folder and cover the front of the card. Add strip of lace diagonally. Cut panel using Kraft side of Kraft-Core diagonally and adhere to card.
Step 3. Cut a panel of Glitter Silk Bermuda Bling, emboss using Stars embossing folder and sand using Sand-It Gadget.
Step 4. Stitch border and attach to card. Add ribbon across card. Stamp sentiment onto White 110lb Cardstock Smooth and trim ‘V’ shape in one end, attach to card using foam pads.
Step 5. Add twine, flower, sequin and stars to finish.
- 110lb White Smooth Core’dinations Cardstock
- No.24 Cardstock from Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection
- Core Tags Bookmarks White
- Stampendous stamp sets Vintage Typewriter, Vintage Typewriter Alphabet
- Ranger Jet Black Ink
- May Arts 1/4″ Twill Ribbon with Chevron Stripes Black
Having a bad day? Nothing could cheer me up better than a Chalk Core Card!