We are celebrating this week with May Arts Ribbon! Stop by all week long for amazing inspiration and, of course, prizes! CLICK HERE to enter to win this awesome Chalk Core prize pack! And don’t forget to head over to the May Arts blog for more projects and chances to win! Winners will be announced Monday, November 17th, 2014.
I can’t believe that it is already mid-November and fall is rapidly disappearing! Before it’s gone I wanted to get in another fall layout and Core’dinations combined with May Arts is the perfect pair to do it with!
Thankful Layout Supplies:
- 12 X 12 Jillian Dot Spotted (Scarlett)
- 12 X 12 Cardstock Darks
- 12 X 12 Cardstock Neutrals
- Dark Assorted Sandable Tags
- Sand-it Gadget & Dust Buddy
- May Arts Burlap Ribbon Antique Gold
- 1/4 Inch Adhesive Scalloped Border Ivory
Step 1: Cut two strips from the Scarlett Spotted paper that are 3″ X 12″ and sand those.
Step 2: Attach those to the top and bottom of the white base.
Step 3: Tear a 1 inch strip of paper from the Neutrals Pad and add that as a border. Top with May Arts Scallop Border Ribbon.
Step 4: Use an electronic die cut machine to cut out leaves and attach those to Core Tags topped with a May Arts Burlap Ribbon bow.
Step 5: Center the picture and add it to the layout with the tags around it.
Step 6: Embellish with stickers and brads.
It’s going to be a great week of inspiration with May Arts & Core’dinations – make sure to visit often!
One really great thing about living in the state of Utah is our spectacular autumns! The colors are so vibrant- I always take a lot of photos during the fall season.
I was able to incorporate TEN photos on this layout- the use of the Core tags keeps the photos and multiple embellishments from overwhelming the layout- and the wonderful textures from the Core’dinations cardstocks echo the feel of autumn.
Core Tag Fall Layout Supplies:
- Core Basics Textured 12×12 Kraft Cardstock
- Core Sandable Tags in Dark (medium sizes, green, orange, yellow and red)
- Core Tag in White (medium size)
- Core Vintage Collection, Tim Holtz Kraft Core Shattered, Core Essentials, Core Basics Vellum, for various tag embellishments.
- David Tutera Step Three Mini Tags
- Sequin Stars
- May Arts Ribbon
- Silhouette Electronic Cutting Machine and “Lover’s Quarrel” font for title
For the background of the layout, I used a piece of Core Basics Textured Kraft cardstock. This cardstock is NOT sandable, like the other Core’dinations lines. However, it has a wonderful canvas texture that inks very nicely. I scored the perimeter of the layout base and then gently inked it, to create a subtle border. For the title, I cut the letters from another sheet of Core Basics Kraft and adhered it to the layout. Then I gently went over the title with ink. It is a very subtle look. I wanted to keep the focus on the tags with my photos.
Here is a close-up look at some of the fabulous textures on the tags.
I’m excited to be sharing with you my first project on the Core blog today! While I’m mainly a Clean and Simple card making girl I do enjoy other crafts as well, including inexpensive home decor items. For today’s project I made a fall candle wrap for 50 cent candle holder I bought at Goodwill!
Autumn Blessings Candle Wrap Supplies:
- Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered Collection
- Neutral Assorted Mini Tags
- Dust Buddy and Sand it Gadget
- Glass candle holder
- Sweet N Sassy Stamps Autumn Lovin’ Cocoa stamp set
- Clearsnap Stephanie Barnard chocolate ink pad
- May Arts trims: lace edge burlap, jute twine (red, brown)
- Red mini clothes pin
- Sizzix Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves die (#656927)
- Sizzix Big Shot die-cutting machine
- Clearsnap sponge dauber
- Small ball stylus
- Embossing mat
- Scrapbook Adhesive by 3L®: Dodz adhesive dots, double-sided tape
Step 1: Die-cut leaf shapes from Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered Collection cardstock in desired colors.
Step 3: Flip leaf back over; sand lightly using Dust Buddy and Sand It Gadget.