Mary Pat Siehl here with you today and I am excited to share a new Back to School layout using some Core’dinations cardstock.
Cardstock-Core’dinations (Core Impressions Jillibean Soup, Graphic 45 Signature Series, Core Essentials, 110lb. smooth)
Canvas Embellishments- Little Yellow Bicycle
Spectrum Noir markers
Sand It Gadget
Lawn Fawn dies
Cuttlebug embossing folder
1. I love to layer my cardstock and so I decided to layer grey on top of light blue. I wanted to create a light chalkboard effect with the grey so I scored my grey cardstock with a scoring board and scored at the 1/2 inch line all around the paper. Then just sanded the paper pretty heavily to really expose the lighter inner core.
3. I then took a piece of the Core’dinations Jillibean Soup Impression paper and sanded it and placed that on top of the blue piece. If you don’t have Core Impressions you could easily emboss another sheet.
4. Next I added a small strip of yellow and added that on top. (Again, I LOVE to layer my paper with different textures and designs.)
5. Add photos.
6. Make a star embellishments using die cuts, embossing them using an embossing folder, and lightly sanded them.
I also have this video for you on how this layout came together.
Hi there, Core fans! Vivian Keh here with a bit of St. Patrick’s Day inspiration for you. My roots are Korean, and so I’ve not been one to celebrate this day much in the past. But the little I do know of Irish culture is fascinating to me and I wish I knew more. At the very least, I know that the clover is significant. In the garden, whenever I find clover growing anywhere, four leaved or not, there are always lots of earthworms in the soil just beneath, which is true good fortune for this devoted gardener. I may even steal a few of the “brown gold” makers from this spot and place them in areas where the soil really needs their good work!
Today I have a card for you that uses Core’dinations Cardstock from a few of my beloved collections.
For my focal image, I used a green hue from the Core’dinations “Vintage Collection” to die-cut these delicate clovers on my Silhouette, using file #32596 by Patty Young Designs. For a soft background, I used our Tim Holtz “Shattered” Kraft Core Collection.
Personally, I adore greens and purples together, so I set the focal image atop a purple banner piece cut from our Tim Holtz Nostalgic Kraft Core Collection. There is a beautiful muted green hue that’s already pre-embossed in our Basic Grey “Ornate” Collection which I used for my background piece, sanding to reveal the pretty doily shapes.
Core’dinations: Vintage Collection, Tim Holtz Shattered Kraft Core Collection, Basic Grey Ornate Collection , Sand-It Gadget, Dust BuddySilhouette: File #32596 by Patty Young Designs
Viva Decor – Pearl Pen
Ranger – Distress Inks
May Arts – fibers
And Jennifer Edwardson is working that Core today, too! We LOVE using our backsides with our Specialty lines…keep reading to learn how….
- The Chocolate Box – Key Lime
- David Tutera Celebrate White A2 Card Base
- David Tutera Celebrate Step 3 Chip Shape Sentiment
- Misc: American Crafts Ribbon
The NEW Basic Grey Core Impressions is perfect for your cards. Today we have some gorgeous cards from our Design Team Members using both collections.
The first card is a gorgeous Easter Card from Design Team Member Linda Beeson using the Basic Grey Core Impression Whimsy Collection. Don’t you love that grass detail with the Gemstones in the upper right hand corner??? CUTE!
Next up is a beautiful, springy card from Design Team Member Kandis Smith using the Basic Grey Core Impressions Ornate Collection. Such great details…the strip of Core Essentials with the brad, glitter, stamping…GoRgEoUs!
Notice the perfect amount of sanding on these cards? Well, don’t forget to ask your favorite retailer to get the NEW Sand it Gadget!