How we doing today??? I hope you are as excited as I am for today’s project from Designer Ava Gavloski. She created this gorgeous Calendar box using our BasicGrey Core Impression. WOWZA is it GORGEOUS!
Loving this back detail with the Couture Creations embossing folder…
We are here having fun this week with Couture Creations. It’s no secret that Core’dinations ColorCore Cardstock looks fabulous with dies and embossing folder especially when you sand, sand, sand! Couture Creations is an Australian owneda & loved brand, Couture Creations is the culmination of 20 years experience in the scrapbooking industry. From its final inception in 2010, Couture Creations has been devoted to producing expertly designed, high quality products overseen by veteran designers & crafters for a result that is both simple and elegant.
Make sure you head over to their BLOG, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK pages to find out all the other chances you can win. Here is a sneak of what is going on over there today. Please keep in mind we are in two different time zones so in case we are off on our times bit please forgive us. We are getting our coffee ready when they are getting ready for bed.
We are happy that you hung in there with us this week that we shortned all of our posts into a few so it would be easier for our readers and not have to jump from post ot post. Sound good? Oh and as a thank you we are offering ANOTHER giveaway so make sure you check THIS POST!!!!
1) Create a 4.5″x 6″ card base out of a piece of Cream Core’dinations Cardstock.
2) Emboss a 4.25 x 5.5 piece of Blueberry cardstock from Coredinations Chocolate Box Collection with Couture Creations embossing folder.
3) Trim embossed cardstock to 4″ x 5.5.”
4) Lightly sanded embossed image using the Sandit Gadget, so as the Blueberry color shows, and then clean the dust off using the Dust Buddy.
5) Add VersaMark and sprinkle clear embossing powder over the entire 4″x5.5″ embossed paper.
6) Heat embossing powder until a lovely sheen appears.
7) Now add this piece of embossed Blueberry cardstock to the card base, leaving an even amount of matting on all sides.
8) Die cut a piece of Rivulet from Core’dinations Vintage 6″x6″ Collection using Couture Creations Doily Die.
And a close up of that fabulous sanding!!! :):)
9) Trim two sides of the die cut paper so that it is flush against the bottom right of the embossed paper on the card base.
10) Before added the trimmed doily to the card, sand the edges a bit using the Sandit Gadget. Don’t forget to use the Dust Buddy!
11) Add foam dots to the backside of the doily (I used Helmar Zapdots) and place on the bottom right of the embossed paper.
12) Punch a circle out of the Cream cardstock used to create the base.
13) Trim two edges of the circle so that it is flush with the doily. Add to the doily.
14) Cut a one inch banner out of some more Blueberry Chocolate Box Cardstock. Sand it a bit.
15) Stamp sentiment on banner and adhere stamped banner to the bottom third of the doily/circle.
16) Add a few pearls around the outside of the circle.
17) Give to someone for their birthday!
I really enjoyed using Couture Creations products with Core’dinations Cardstock! The embossing folders are really crisp and the embossing really stands out on all the Core’dinations Cardstock. The doily die is incredibly intricate, yet it cut through the hearty Core’dinations Cardstock like butter. I look forward to playing with these product again! ~Kate
Next up Designer Shaunte Wadley with fabulous pr0jects! Shaunte really works color combos that are just perfection!
The background is BasicGrey Core Impressions
And next up a super cute gift bag and card:
The topper is the Couture Creations die mounted on a circle and then folded in half to top the bag.
The gift card is embossed with the Couture Creations die from the Sweet Dreams embossing folder line.
Creating with the Tim Holtz Kraft Core Shattered line is SO MUCH fun! This card was just perfect for using this line. Did you know that all the Kraft Core lines Core’dinate? Design Team Member Debbie Standard embossed the Core shattered and lightly sanded it so that it would show both the Shattered as well as the embossed image.
Debbie made this card using some of the Tim Holtz Shattered collection in the 6 X 6. This time she didn’t emboss it just left it as is. Then she layered it over Core Essentials Brights cardstock and stamped on the back of the white for the top of the card.
And a layout using some BasicGrey Core Impressions: According to Debbie, she loves creating layouts using some of the Core Impressions as the background . Sanded and dusted it creates such a great palette to use on your page.
Sand It Gadget
Today we are sharing some fabulous designs from one of our Special Projects gals. Cari Locken is a leading designer in the industry that has been with Core for years now. She creates special projects for us and she uses Core in her day-to-day creations, too!
Today we have some layouts to share with you from her that have been featured in leading publications within the industry. She really has an eye for color and really knows how to use Core. From scoring to embossing….you’ll see it here today! Cari really knows how to use that Core Essentials as is or add that perfect pop of technique.
How cool is this masking? Core and ink go great together! And again…that scoring detail is just perfect.
And one more….
For this layout Cari took the BasicGrey Core Impressions and turned it on its side! Love that kind of detail!
We are here with Day THREE of our week with Simple Stories! How exciting!
Make sure you head over to the Simple Stories blog to check out the gorgeous projects their team created for this week. We have been working with the Harvest Lane and Handmade Holiday collections this week. You will LOVE them and you MUST check them out HERE! First up we have some cards for you today.
Here are some details:
A card with a torn edge? SO COOL!
It’s amazing how some simple scoring along the edges can add that perfect detail…
Some great debossing…
Designer Debbie Standard created this card with some beautiful embossing and those cute little sentiments that make cardmaking as snap! Harvest Lane and Core look beautiful together!
And how about a layout from Designer Melissa Oliveira? Beautiful details using both Core’dinations Cardstock and Handmade Holiday. The red cardstock is from Graphic 45 Signature Series and the embossed cardstock is BasicGrey Ornate Core Impressions.
Look at this gorgeous detail of the holy. Just hand cut the leaves, scor and then sand and you are ready to go! Don’t forget the Queen & Co. Bling …perfect for the berries.