Mary Pat here with you today bringing you a super fun card using Core’dinations cardstock and Core Tags. I love tags! Tags can be used in so many more ways other than your typical gift tag. Today I use a Core Tag as the center focal point for my card.
Fall Fox Card Supplies:
- Core’dinations Essentials Snowflake
- Core Tags
- Core Basics 110 lb. Smooth
- Sand It Gadget
- Dust Buddy
- Lawn Fawn stamps and dies
- Lawn Fawn pattern paper
- Jenni Bowlin ink
- Spellbinders embossing folder
- Memento ink
- Spectrum Noir markers and pencils
Here is a close up of the texture that was created using the embossing folder and sanding the Core Tag. In the video below, you will find complete directions on how to create your own tag just like this!
I created a video for you on demonstrating some of the techniques I used to make this card.
~ Mary Pat
Hi friends! It’s Joy here, sharing a fun fall acorn box and card with you today. What a fun way to say hello, thank you or happy fall to that special friend, co-worker or teacher!
Acorn Card and Box Supplies:
- Core’dinations Neutral Colors Core Cardstock
- Core’dinations Core Basics White
- 3D Acorn Box svg #33331 in Silhouette Store
- Acorn Card svg #50085 in Silhouette Store
- Sand It Gadget & Dust Buddy
- Darice Basket Weave Background Embossing Folder
- Darice Crackle Embossing Folder
- Cut ‘n’ Boss Embossing Machine
- Joy’s Life It’s All Fall Puns Stamp Set
- Versafine Ink: Vintage Sepia
- Stamp Block
- Pop Dots
- Liquid Adhesive
- Silhouette Cameo
Step 1. Use the Silhouette Cameo to cut out all the pieces for the 3D acorn box and card from Core’dinations Neutrals cardstock and Core Basics white. These are the pieces that make up the box.
Step 2. Emboss the top of the acorn, the stem and the tan square piece that goes on the card using the Darice basket weave background embossing folder. The leaf is embossed with the Darice crackle embossing folder. After embossing, the sanding really brings out the texture. So cool!
This card is just three simple pieces! YAY to that!
Step 3. Cut a piece of white cardstock for the inside of the card and stamp it with a stamp from the Joy’s Life It’s All Fall Puns stamp set. I thought this sentiment I created was perfect for this card!
This is also perfect for any of your friends or family who are “nuts”. LOL!
The embossing and sanding of the Core’dinations cardstock really makes this simple card pop without overwhelming it.
Happy fall y’all! ~ Joy
Celebrate your next Birthday with a Core’dinations Black Magic card. With some simple sanding and heat embossing you can make it look just like chalkboard!
Black Magic Birthday Card Supplies:
- Black Magic
- Glitter Silk
- Core Basics White A2 Cardbases
- Dust Buddy
- Sand it Gadget
- Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress embossing powder
- Tim Holtz & Ranger clear ink pad
- Heat Gun and embossing tools
- May Arts Ribbon
- Xyron adhesive
- Stampin’ Up! border punch
- Scor Pal
- Gina K Stamps
Step 1. Begin by sanding the Black Magic cardstock first. It’s important you sand BEFORE you stamp and wipe dust with Dust Buddy. Removing excess sand will help the clear ink pad stamp clearly to ensure a crisp image when you emboss.
Step 2. Emboss with Tim Holtz & Ranger heat embossing powder. I like to use my scraps because sometimes it takes a few tries to get a good image.
Step 3. Add layers of Glitter Silk and more Black Magic along with embellishments.
Embossing your Glitter Silk Cardstock is a great way to add interest to your projects. With it’s high quality, it embosses beautifully!
Embossed Glitter Silk Card Supplies:
- White 110lb Cardstock Smooth
- Glitter Silk Bermuda Bling
- Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection No.11
- Sand-It Gadget
- Dust Buddy
- Jet Black ink Ranger
- Darice Stars embossing folder
- Crafter’s Companion Embossalicious Dots embossing folder
- Big Shot
- Sentiments Stamp
- Petaloo Botanica Bloom Pistachio
- May Arts Ribbon
- Sequin and Stars
- Sewing Machine
Step 1. Make card base from cardstock.
Step 2. Emboss Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection No.11 using Dots embossing folder and cover the front of the card. Add strip of lace diagonally. Cut panel using Kraft side of Kraft-Core diagonally and adhere to card.
Step 3. Cut a panel of Glitter Silk Bermuda Bling, emboss using Stars embossing folder and sand using Sand-It Gadget.
Step 4. Stitch border and attach to card. Add ribbon across card. Stamp sentiment onto White 110lb Cardstock Smooth and trim ‘V’ shape in one end, attach to card using foam pads.
Step 5. Add twine, flower, sequin and stars to finish.
- Smooth CoreTags
- Tim Holtz – Kraft Core – Nostalgic
- Dies – Sizzix
- Stamps and Coordinating Die – Mama Elephant
- Washi – Recollections
- Ribbon and Jute – May Arts
- Color Pencils – Faber Castell
The sentiment is stamped on the tag and becomes the main focus of the card. The smooth tags are perfect for stamping and the 300gsm paper ensures that the tags don’t curl.
Next up, a card featuring a small, white circle tag. Can you tell where it is?
- Core’dinations Core Essentials
- Core’dinations Smooth Core Tags
- Embossing Folder – Lifestyle Crafts
- Die – Serendipity Stamps
- Stamp – Heidi Swapp
- Stickers – Evalicious
- Stickles – Tim Holtz
- Gelatos – Faber Castell
- Thread – Gutterman
Yes, there is a Core Tag there! It’s covert; under a cover of Gelatos, nestled in the heart of the sun rays! The hole of the circle tag is hiding under the bottom of the ‘o’. Again, a smooth Core Tag, and it withheld the water from my waterbrush used to blend the Gelato.