Today’s Tutorial is from Design Team Member Kim Jefress…..
AND she used Septembers Colour Inspiration Challenge!
MY COLOUR BOOK
My two year old son is having trouble remembering his colours. I decided to make a mini album for him using some Core’dinations cardstock, embossing folders and chipboard.
1.Choose a pre made mini album, measure the size of each page and then cut your CORE cardstock in your chosen colours to size. Mark with a pencil where the holes are and using a hole punch, punch some holes for the rings to thread through.
2. From the same sheets of coloured cardstock, cut pieces to fit into embossing folders you have, then emboss each coloured card with a different folder.
3.Using your sand it tool or sand paper, sand the embossed design on each piece of embossed cardstock.
4.Cover your album with PVA glue or craft glue and lay down your cardstock pieces from step 1. Smooth out with your fingers.
5. Now glue down your co ordinating embossed pieces the same way.
6. Choose some chipboard pieces and decorate each one to suit the colours of your pages. I have used, glimmer mist, paint, glitter and ink.
7. Using strong adhesive glue the chipboard onto each page, Type or write out a matching sentence for each colour, print trim and add to each page.
8. Use buttons and letter stickers to create your cover and then put your book together and you are done!
Here are some of the inside pages….GORGEOUS!!!!
And here are Kim’s cuties looking at this amazing book!