That is the question! Should I sand my Core or not? Today I have a great layout that focuses on some sanded Core and unsanded. The BEST thing about Core is the ability to be able to do BOTH.
This is a close-up of Core embossed but not sanded. I love the look of both but for this one, the Core was pink and I was going for a monochromatic feel for this layout so I didn’t sand.
The bowtie is from our Whitewash cardstock and it is sanded so the black core comes through when you use your Sand it Gadget. Don’t forget your Dust Buddy when using Core especially our Whitewash collection.
Core’dinations Cardstock: Reflecting Pool, Meadow, Argos, Tangarine, Fuchsia Fizz, Nightfall
, No.11 and No.21 from the Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection
, Sand-It Gadget, Dust Buddy
. Other Supplies:
Canvas 8×8, acrylic paints, Petaloo Flowers – Botanica Minis Pistachio, Floral Ephemera Fuchsia, Burlap Blossoms Natural, Botanica Blooms Fuchsia, glycerin, spray bottle, Mod Podge.
1. Mix water and glycerin in a ratio of 16:1 in a spray bottle. Spray a sheet of Core Reflecting Pool Cardstock on both sides.
2. Scrunch cardstock into ball to add texture. Flatten out and leave to dry.
3. Cover canvas with layer of Mod Podge and add textured cardstock.
4. Trim excess cardstock from back of canvas and corners as shown. Add another layer of Mod Podge and leave to dry.
5. Paint canvas with green and blue acrylic paint to create a blended effect. Technique Tip: Don’t feel like painting? Just sand the textured cardstock before you apply M0dge Podge for a distressed look. That is the great thing about Core’dinations…so many possibilities!
6. Add some simple strokes of green acrylic paint to create a grass effect and add some dots of pink to represent flowers, allow to dry.
7. Draw some simple grass blades onto the reverse of some Meadow cardstock in different lengths. Cut out and sand using Sand-It Gadget. Fold gently lengthways to create a 3D effect.
8. Arrange grass onto canvas and adhere with a strong craft adhesive.
9. Add some simple small painted flowers to the background. Arrange and adhere paper flowers.
10. Cut some simple leaf shapes from No.11 Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection, score along center, pinch vein leaves using a needle nosed tweezers and sand using Sand-It Gadget. Add to canvas. Technique Tip: You can use a scoring tool for the veins in the leaves,too!
11. Trace bird template onto No.21 Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection, cut out and sand edges. Trace beak onto Tangarine, legs onto Argos cardstock and eye onto Nightfall. See below for pattern.
12. Assemble bird adding dimension using foam pads. Add dot of white acrylic paint to eye. Adhere bird to canvas behind some of the grass.
13. Trace butterfly onto Fuchsia Fizz, cut out, sand edges and adhere to canvas.
14. Add some more painted foliage and flowers in the background and some more Core cardstock for grass to the front to fill in any gaps to finish.
I included a template for the bird and butterfly below. Just right click and save to your computer, then print.
Shaunte Wadley here today with a layout that focusus on diecutting and punching our Glitter Silk
cardstock. It cuts beatifully without any shredding or tearing.
misc: baker’s twin, clothespins, eyelets
1. Make the background for this layout by cutting a 12×12 sheet of silver Glitter Silk
using your diecutting machine. For this layout, I used my Silhouette. Make sure you keep all of the silver circles from this project…stitch them into a garland or use them for another project.
2. Adhere the cut background to a sheet of black on to Nightfall cardstock.
3. Adhere the photo and stitch perimeter with sewing machine. This helped to keep the background in place without needing to add adhesive to all of the small edges of the background. Attach eyelets to the sides of the layout then string them with bakers twine, and attach three photos to the “clothesline.”
4. Using my Silhouette, I cut the title of the page using red Glitter Silk and adhered.
5. Then I used a craft punch to make all of the heart shapes, and adhered them to the layout using pop dots. Glitter Silk cuts and punches beautifully!
Decorate for Summer with a fun banner like this one from Tracy Gruber.
Core Essentials Cardstock, Sand It Gadget, Dust Buddy
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, Lawn Fawn Year stamp set
Rich Cocoa Memento Ink, Create A Critter and Alphalicious Cricut cartridges
Foam Squares, Misc. Ribbon
1. Cut 5×5 inch squares from Core Essentials cardstock. Round the corners with a We R Memory Keepers ¼’’ Corner Chomper.
2. Cut the letters from the Alphalicious Cricut cartridge at 3 ¾’’ plus the shadow. Cut the palm trees from the Create A Critter Cricut cartridge, also at 3 ¾.” I used the flip button for one of them, so they are faced different directions.
3. Tear pieces of Core Essentials cardstock for the sandy beach and the water and attach to the squares. Core Tip: Tear different colors of our blue Core Essentials cardstock to create waves. With five different color families that gives you 20 different blues to choose from.
4. Emboss the letters and the palm trees with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder and sand with the Sand It Gadget.
5. Attach the letters and palm trees to the squares with foam squares.
6. Tie each of the squares together with ribbon.
7. Stamp the dots onto each “sand piece” with Rich Cocoa Memento Ink. This helps define the sand a little more.
There are a lot of High School graduations going on right now and Kate Nolan Denham has a great layout to share with us today using school colors. With such a variety of different colors and kinds of cardstock to choose from, Core’dinations Cardstock can be your go to paper for any occasion!
On this layout, Kate does a great job working around that issue we always find when using Core and embossing folders….”how do I only use a 5×7″ folder on a 12″ layout?” She balances it perfectly with a 5×7″ photo and then, of course, sands!
here today with a graduation layout that sports school colors from Core’dinations Vintage Collection. It is one of my favorite collections!
I did a lot of sanding with my Sand It Gadget. I wanted the color core to really pop on the edges of the mats where I embossed and scored. It allowed me to add dimension without having to add more layers.
You can see how awesome the Core’dinations Color Core looks in this up close photo!
Spellbinders Nested Pennant Dies
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Jenni Bowlin Date Tag
Creative Memories Circle System
Stampin Up! Paper Shapers
American Crafts Thickers
Queen & Co. Pearls
Clare Buswell here today sharing some cards for you for the upcoming summer wedding season. I tried to play with a white-on-white color palette with some splashes of color. You can easily interchange any color you want for the theme of the wedding, too. ENJOY!
May You Live Happily Ever After
: David Tutera A7 White Smooth Cards and Envelopes
, Glitter Silk
Opulent Opel, Core Essentials
Snowflake, Signature Series Graphic 45 Lights
Precious Pink, Core Premium 110lb cardstock
White. Other: Stampendous Stamps – Cling Jumbo Lovely Garden, Cling Jumbo Hydrangea Garden and matching dies, VersaMark ink, StazOn Jet Black ink, May Arts (1/4″ Twill Ribbon w/Chevron stripes Pink, 7/8″ Crochet Ribbon White, 1mm waxed cord White), Big Shot, corner rounder, Silver Pearl embossing powder, heat gun, sewing machine, WMS Big Day Additions stamp set, Cuttlebug Anna Griffin embossing folder Rosa, flat backed pearls, Ranger Distress Markers – Tattered Rose, Spun Sugar, Worn Lipstick, Squeezed Lemonade, Crushed Olive, Shabby Shutters.
Cover a David Tutera A7 White Smooth Card base with Signature Series Graphic 45 Lights Precious Pink cardstock. Cut a rectangle of Core Glitter Silk Opulent Opel, emboss using Anna Griffin embossing folder Rosa, round corners and machine stitch border. Layer onto larger panel of Core Essentials Snowflake cardstock and round corners. Adhere lace, ribbon and cord. Attach panel to card base. Stamp sentiment onto Core Premium Cardstock 110lb White and attach to card with foam pads.
Stamp flowers and leaves onto Core Premium Cardstock 110lb White using VersaMark ink and emboss in Silver Pearl. Color flowers and leaves using Distress Markers and wet with a artist’s paintbrush to create a watercolor effect. Once dry attach to card with foam pads and add pearls, to finish.
For the Bride and Groom
: David Tutera A7 White Smooth Cards and Envelopes
, Glitter Silk
Opulent Opel, Core Essentials
Snowflake, Premium 110lb cardstock
in White. Other: StazOn Jet Black ink, May Arts (7/8″ Crochet Ribbon White), Big Shot, corner rounder, sewing machine, WMS Big Day Additions stamp set, flat backed pearls, flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts, embossing folders – Embossalicious Crafter’s Companion Roses, Cuttlebug Script Provocraft, Stampendous Jumbo Lovely Garden dies.
Cut a rectangle of Core Essentials Snowflake cardstock and emboss using the roses embossing folder and round corners. Die cut two butterflies using the Stampendous Jumbo Lovely Garden dies and Core Glitter Silk Opulent Opel, cut another two butterflies using Core Essentials Snowflake cardstock and emboss using the script embossing folder. Arrange butterflies onto panel, fix and machine stitch centers. Add lace and adhere panel to a David Tutera A7 White Smooth Card base. Stamp sentiment onto Core Premium Cardstock 110lb White and attach to card with foam pads. Add row of pearls and pink flowers, to finish.
« Previous Page — Next Page »