Hi friends! It’s Joy here, sharing a spooky Halloween paper lantern with you today. This will add a creepy, but cool, element to your haunted decor!
Spooky Halloween Lantern Supplies:
- Core’dinations Bright Colors Core Cardstock
- Core’dinations Tillie Dot Spotted Cardstock
- Core’dinations Core Basics Black
- Core’dinations Vellum Transparent Paper
- Lantern SVG from Spooky Soiree Kit by SVGCuts
- Darice Halloween LED Tea Lights
- Darice Self Stick Gems Orange
- Sand It Gadget & Dust Buddy
- Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug
- Cut ‘n’ Boss Embossing Machine
- Xyron 9″ Creative Station and 3″ Sticker Maker
- Silhouette Cameo
Step 1. Cut the lantern pieces using Core’dinations Bright Color cardstock along with solid black, vellum and black spotted Tillie Dot using your favorite electronic die cut machine.
Step 2. Emboss and sand all of the orange pieces and the black Spotted Tillie Dot spider using the Core’dinations Sand It Gadget.
Step 3. After embossing and sanding the pieces, I ran them through the Xyron 9″ Creative Station and the Xyron 3″ Sticker Maker. Those machines helped me quickly add adhesive to the panel pieces.
Step 4. I used a liquid adhesive to help me adhere the vellum to the inside of the lantern. By the way, that vellum cut without a problem in my Silhouette Cameo. YAY!
Step 5. Assemble the lantern and spider. Add two Darice Self Stick Gems to create eyes for the spider. Spooky!
Step 6. Add a Darice Halloween LED Tea Light to your lantern. I got black tea lights. They look cool!
Turn on your tea light and you’re ready to be spooky!
We are sponsoring the Cupcake Inspiration Blog again! All you need to do is create a card using this inspiration piece. It’s that easy! Please make sure you check out the Challenge Rules section of their blog for details.
Designer Shaunte Wadley created this card using the above inspiration piece. Love how she used the Core Basics vellum and crumbled it to look like the cupcake wrapper!
Cupcake Card Inspiration Piece:
- David Tutera Celebrate mini scalloped card and mini tag
- Core Essentials
- Glitter Silk
- Core Couture
- Core Basics Vellum
- Misc bling and twine
Hi everyone! I’m Joy and today I’m super happy to be sharing this project with you using Core’dinations great products!
- Core’dinations Essentials Cardstock
- Core Tags
- 110 lb. Smooth White card stock
- 80 lb. Canvas Texture Black card stock
- Sand It Gadget
- Dust Buddy
- Wood Grain Background Embossing Folder by Darice
- Stripe Background Embossing Folder by Darice
- 5/8 inch Chevron Grosgrain Ribbon: Gold and White
- Xyron Create A Sticker Machine – 2.5 inch
- Silhouette Cameo
- Joy’s Life Holiday Occasions stamp set
- Black Ink
- Pencil Shape Card – Silhouette ID #10126
- 3D Pencil – Silhouette ID #64599
Step 1: Cut the pencil 3D and card shapes using Core’dinations Neutrals and Bright Color cardstock along with solid black and white. They cut so well! A little side note: At first I cut the pencil card background in white but later I went back and cut it out in grey to match the band near the eraser of the 3D pencil. I thought that just looked better color-wise to match both project pieces.
Step 2: Emboss the pencil pieces as desired. Here, I’m using the wood grain background folder.
Step 3: Sand the pieces using the Core’dinations Sand It Gadget. That revealed a lighter color yellow on these pieces. That’s so cool!
Step 4: Adhere the pieces. I used my Xyron machine to add adhesive to the backs of these pieces. Then I added them to the pencil.
Isn’t all that sanded texture great?!
Step 5: Create a tag. I cut a small tag from the Core’dinations Bright Assorted Tags even smaller and backed it with a piece of Core’dinations black cardstock.
Step 6: Stamp a sentiment. Keep in mind that stamping on textured paper can give an uneven stamped image. You can fill in any spotty places with a marker. I did!
Step 7: Sand the tag and tie ribbon to finish the look.
That huge roll of Smarties can fit into the 3D pencil!
Now your project is ready for gift giving! Happy crafting! ~Joy
- Tim Holtz and Ranger Distress Collection Spun Sugar
- Core Reflecting Pool
- Core Fuchsia Fizz
- 110lb Smooth White Cardstock
- Sand-It Gadget
- Dust Buddy
- Darice Notebook Recycled 4×4″
- Embossalicious embossing folder
- Big Shot, May Arts Trim
- Ranger Distress Ink Picked Raspberry
- Memento Luxe Angel Pink
- Hand carved flower stamp
- Silhouette Portrait
- Silhouette file Design ID #41654
- Font – Happy Fox
- Quickie Glue Sakura
- American Crafts Premium Ribbon Ruban Blush
- Corner rounder
Step 1: Unscrew post from notebook, carefully keep notebook pages in a stack, remove cover.
Step 2: Trim Tim Holtz and Ranger Distress Collection Spun Sugar cardstock to fit front and back covers. Sand edges using Sand-It Gadget.
Step 3: Trim 110lb Smooth White Core cardstock slightly smaller, stamp little flowers in two shades of pink, round corners, attach and punch hole in corner.
Step 4: Trim Core Reflecting Pool cardstock to fit across cover, emboss, sand and adhere.
Step 7: Add embossed layer over the back and sand.
Mary Pat Siehl here with you today and I am excited to share a new Back to School layout using some Core’dinations cardstock.
Cardstock-Core’dinations (Core Impressions Jillibean Soup, Graphic 45 Signature Series, Core Essentials, 110lb. smooth)
Canvas Embellishments- Little Yellow Bicycle
Spectrum Noir markers
Sand It Gadget
Lawn Fawn dies
Cuttlebug embossing folder
1. I love to layer my cardstock and so I decided to layer grey on top of light blue. I wanted to create a light chalkboard effect with the grey so I scored my grey cardstock with a scoring board and scored at the 1/2 inch line all around the paper. Then just sanded the paper pretty heavily to really expose the lighter inner core.
3. I then took a piece of the Core’dinations Jillibean Soup Impression paper and sanded it and placed that on top of the blue piece. If you don’t have Core Impressions you could easily emboss another sheet.
4. Next I added a small strip of yellow and added that on top. (Again, I LOVE to layer my paper with different textures and designs.)
5. Add photos.
6. Make a star embellishments using die cuts, embossing them using an embossing folder, and lightly sanded them.
I also have this video for you on how this layout came together.
David Tutera Celebrate A2 Assorted Patterned Bold Cards & Envelopes
David Tutera Celebrate Happy Birthday Layered Sentiments
David Tutera CelebrateBaby Girl Embellishment Kit
Core Essentials: French Roast, Izmir Purple
Spotted Jillian Dot: Snowflake
Sand It Gadget
Other: Xyron and American Crafts adhesive