Hi everyone! I’m Joy and today I’m super happy to be sharing this project with you using Core’dinations great products!
- Core’dinations Essentials Cardstock
- Core Tags
- 110 lb. Smooth White card stock
- 80 lb. Canvas Texture Black card stock
- Sand It Gadget
- Dust Buddy
- Wood Grain Background Embossing Folder by Darice
- Stripe Background Embossing Folder by Darice
- 5/8 inch Chevron Grosgrain Ribbon: Gold and White
- Xyron Create A Sticker Machine – 2.5 inch
- Silhouette Cameo
- Joy’s Life Holiday Occasions stamp set
- Black Ink
- Pencil Shape Card – Silhouette ID #10126
- 3D Pencil – Silhouette ID #64599
Step 1: Cut the pencil 3D and card shapes using Core’dinations Neutrals and Bright Color cardstock along with solid black and white. They cut so well! A little side note: At first I cut the pencil card background in white but later I went back and cut it out in grey to match the band near the eraser of the 3D pencil. I thought that just looked better color-wise to match both project pieces.
Step 2: Emboss the pencil pieces as desired. Here, I’m using the wood grain background folder.
Step 3: Sand the pieces using the Core’dinations Sand It Gadget. That revealed a lighter color yellow on these pieces. That’s so cool!
Step 4: Adhere the pieces. I used my Xyron machine to add adhesive to the backs of these pieces. Then I added them to the pencil.
Isn’t all that sanded texture great?!
Step 5: Create a tag. I cut a small tag from the Core’dinations Bright Assorted Tags even smaller and backed it with a piece of Core’dinations black cardstock.
Step 6: Stamp a sentiment. Keep in mind that stamping on textured paper can give an uneven stamped image. You can fill in any spotty places with a marker. I did!
Step 7: Sand the tag and tie ribbon to finish the look.
That huge roll of Smarties can fit into the 3D pencil!
Now your project is ready for gift giving! Happy crafting! ~Joy
- Tim Holtz and Ranger Distress Collection Spun Sugar
- Core Reflecting Pool
- Core Fuchsia Fizz
- 110lb Smooth White Cardstock
- Sand-It Gadget
- Dust Buddy
- Darice Notebook Recycled 4×4″
- Embossalicious embossing folder
- Big Shot, May Arts Trim
- Ranger Distress Ink Picked Raspberry
- Memento Luxe Angel Pink
- Hand carved flower stamp
- Silhouette Portrait
- Silhouette file Design ID #41654
- Font – Happy Fox
- Quickie Glue Sakura
- American Crafts Premium Ribbon Ruban Blush
- Corner rounder
Step 1: Unscrew post from notebook, carefully keep notebook pages in a stack, remove cover.
Step 2: Trim Tim Holtz and Ranger Distress Collection Spun Sugar cardstock to fit front and back covers. Sand edges using Sand-It Gadget.
Step 3: Trim 110lb Smooth White Core cardstock slightly smaller, stamp little flowers in two shades of pink, round corners, attach and punch hole in corner.
Step 4: Trim Core Reflecting Pool cardstock to fit across cover, emboss, sand and adhere.
Step 7: Add embossed layer over the back and sand.
Mary Pat Siehl here with you today and I am excited to share a new Back to School layout using some Core’dinations cardstock.
Cardstock-Core’dinations (Core Impressions Jillibean Soup, Graphic 45 Signature Series, Core Essentials, 110lb. smooth)
Canvas Embellishments- Little Yellow Bicycle
Spectrum Noir markers
Sand It Gadget
Lawn Fawn dies
Cuttlebug embossing folder
1. I love to layer my cardstock and so I decided to layer grey on top of light blue. I wanted to create a light chalkboard effect with the grey so I scored my grey cardstock with a scoring board and scored at the 1/2 inch line all around the paper. Then just sanded the paper pretty heavily to really expose the lighter inner core.
3. I then took a piece of the Core’dinations Jillibean Soup Impression paper and sanded it and placed that on top of the blue piece. If you don’t have Core Impressions you could easily emboss another sheet.
4. Next I added a small strip of yellow and added that on top. (Again, I LOVE to layer my paper with different textures and designs.)
5. Add photos.
6. Make a star embellishments using die cuts, embossing them using an embossing folder, and lightly sanded them.
I also have this video for you on how this layout came together.
David Tutera Celebrate A2 Assorted Patterned Bold Cards & Envelopes
David Tutera Celebrate Happy Birthday Layered Sentiments
David Tutera CelebrateBaby Girl Embellishment Kit
Core Essentials: French Roast, Izmir Purple
Spotted Jillian Dot: Snowflake
Sand It Gadget
Other: Xyron and American Crafts adhesive
We are one of the main sponsors over at CSI: Color….Stories…Inspiration this month and we couldn’t be more excited! Every Friday there is a new color palette introduced called a Case File. This week it’s Case File No. 126.
LOVE how not only is there the “scene” which is the color palette but there is “evidence” and “testimony” that give you prompts to create as well! We will be sponsoring all month long so make sure you stay close this month for a few more chances to win some Core. All images you create must be posted over on the CSI site.
Today we have a layout from Debbie Standard using this gorgeous Case File focusing on the Chevron pattern from the Evidence using our Core Impressions cardstock.
Make sure you head over the CSI Facebook page for more amazing inspiration!
I don’t know about you but the end of school is right around the corner for us and I am looking for some ideas for my children’s teachers. If you are, to0, then this is the place for you!
Today we have a cute gift bag and mini card from Shaunte Wadley.
Using an electronic cutting machine, cut a scalloped border medallion shape from yellow cardstock. Fold and glue shape. Adhere to small kraft gift bag.
Using a 2 3/4″ circle punch, cut a circle from blue cardstock. Emboss with swirls embossing folder. Sand. Adhere to center of yellow medallion.
Using an electronic cutting machine, cut four (4) 2″ apple shapes from red cardstock. Fold each apple in half. Adhere apples back to back, and attach to center of blue cardstock circle. Add brown cardstock stem. Using a craft punch, create two leaves from green cardstock. Fold in half. Sand. Adhere to apple top.
Using a craft punch, create scalloped circle from yellow cardstock. Adhere to center of label shaped mini card. Using a craft punch, create a circle from blue cardstock. Sand. Adhere to center of yellow circle. Computer generate sentiment. Trim ends into pennant shape. Adhere to bottom of circle. Using a craft punch, create apple from red cardtstock. Add to top of circle. Using a craft punch, create leaves from green cardstock. Add to apple. Adhere red gems to bottom of circle.
Core Essentials in Dandelion (yellow)
Core Essentials in Marine Blue (blue) embossed with Swirls embossing folder
Vintage in Ruby (red)
Jillian Spotted in Parsley (green)
David Tutera Mini Card (Label Shape)