We are celebrating this week with May Arts Ribbon! Stop by all week long for amazing inspiration and, of course, prizes! CLICK HERE to enter to win this awesome Chalk Core prize pack! And forget to head over to the May Arts blog for more projects and chances to win! Winners will be announced Monday, November 17th, 2014.
Harvest Feast Layout from Suzanna Lee
Thanksgiving for some of us, is around the corner. A month away! A month to think about what’s for lunch or dinner, where you will be, if and how you will decorate, etc. There is nothing more seasonal when it comes to Core’dinations cardstock than Tim Holtz Kraft Core, Seasonal Impressions! I have another Seasonal Impressions Thankful layout to share with you. Last year, I used Thankful No.21 and this year I am going with Thankful No. 19.
Harvest Feast Layout Supplies:
- Core’dinations Seasonal Impressions
- Core’dinations Rustic
- Core TagCore Tags, Darks and Large Bracket Ivory Smooth
- Core Essentials, Parsley GX-PG040-12 and Paprika GX-JP030-12
- Core’dinations Chocolate Box/Cherry Cordial GX-CBX210-12
- Dust Buddy
- Sand It Gadget
- May Arts ribbon
- Cut Files – Miss Kate Cuttables and self created (leaf)
- Ink – Tim Holtz Distress
- Punch – American Crafts
Step 1: Ink the pre-embossed Tim Holtz Seasonal Impressions. This lighter color pre-embossed cardstock was a bit more difficult to see than the darker colors. Typically with Core, you sand with your Sand It Gadget to reveal the core color and have a two tone cardstock. In order to better see the pre-embossed words, rather than sanding, I used my Tim Holtz ink blender to rub color over the embossed words. You can see that better here:
Step 2: Add some Core Tags! Using Core Tags on your layouts is a great way to add journaling or a decorative element behind or around your photos as well! If you happen to have some of May Arts Burlap Center Stitch Ribbon, it makes a perfect compliment to the Core Tags! Perfect for a fall or Thanksgiving themed layout!
I just love the background that the pre-embossed Seasonal Impressions creates! Such an incredibly effective background without using patterned paper!
One really great thing about living in the state of Utah is our spectacular autumns! The colors are so vibrant- I always take a lot of photos during the fall season.
I was able to incorporate TEN photos on this layout- the use of the Core tags keeps the photos and multiple embellishments from overwhelming the layout- and the wonderful textures from the Core’dinations cardstocks echo the feel of autumn.
Core Tag Fall Layout Supplies:
- Core Basics Textured 12×12 Kraft Cardstock
- Core Sandable Tags in Dark (medium sizes, green, orange, yellow and red)
- Core Tag in White (medium size)
- Core Vintage Collection, Tim Holtz Kraft Core Shattered, Core Essentials, Core Basics Vellum, for various tag embellishments.
- David Tutera Step Three Mini Tags
- Sequin Stars
- May Arts Ribbon
- Silhouette Electronic Cutting Machine and “Lover’s Quarrel” font for title
For the background of the layout, I used a piece of Core Basics Textured Kraft cardstock. This cardstock is NOT sandable, like the other Core’dinations lines. However, it has a wonderful canvas texture that inks very nicely. I scored the perimeter of the layout base and then gently inked it, to create a subtle border. For the title, I cut the letters from another sheet of Core Basics Kraft and adhered it to the layout. Then I gently went over the title with ink. It is a very subtle look. I wanted to keep the focus on the tags with my photos.
Here is a close-up look at some of the fabulous textures on the tags.
I’m excited to be sharing with you my first project on the Core blog today! While I’m mainly a Clean and Simple card making girl I do enjoy other crafts as well, including inexpensive home decor items. For today’s project I made a fall candle wrap for 50 cent candle holder I bought at Goodwill!
Autumn Blessings Candle Wrap Supplies:
- Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered Collection
- Neutral Assorted Mini Tags
- Dust Buddy and Sand it Gadget
- Glass candle holder
- Sweet N Sassy Stamps Autumn Lovin’ Cocoa stamp set
- Clearsnap Stephanie Barnard chocolate ink pad
- May Arts trims: lace edge burlap, jute twine (red, brown)
- Red mini clothes pin
- Sizzix Tim Holtz Tattered Leaves die (#656927)
- Sizzix Big Shot die-cutting machine
- Clearsnap sponge dauber
- Small ball stylus
- Embossing mat
- Scrapbook Adhesive by 3L®: Dodz adhesive dots, double-sided tape
Step 1: Die-cut leaf shapes from Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered Collection cardstock in desired colors.
Step 3: Flip leaf back over; sand lightly using Dust Buddy and Sand It Gadget.
Mary Pat here with you today bringing you a super fun card using Core’dinations cardstock and Core Tags. I love tags! Tags can be used in so many more ways other than your typical gift tag. Today I use a Core Tag as the center focal point for my card.
Fall Fox Card Supplies:
- Core’dinations Essentials Snowflake
- Core Tags
- Core Basics 110 lb. Smooth
- Sand It Gadget
- Dust Buddy
- Lawn Fawn stamps and dies
- Lawn Fawn pattern paper
- Jenni Bowlin ink
- Spellbinders embossing folder
- Memento ink
- Spectrum Noir markers and pencils
Here is a close up of the texture that was created using the embossing folder and sanding the Core Tag. In the video below, you will find complete directions on how to create your own tag just like this!
I created a video for you on demonstrating some of the techniques I used to make this card.
~ Mary Pat
Step 1. Spray tag with water and glycerin mixture of 16.1, crumble tag, dry, sand and iron flat.
Step 2. Punch out butterflies and flourish die cuts, sand and dust using the Dust Buddy.
- 110lb White Smooth Core’dinations Cardstock
- No.24 Cardstock from Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection
- Core Tags Bookmarks White
- Stampendous stamp sets Vintage Typewriter, Vintage Typewriter Alphabet
- Ranger Jet Black Ink
- May Arts 1/4″ Twill Ribbon with Chevron Stripes Black