Here on the Core blog this week!
We have a special treat from Core Teacher Vicki Boutin for you today!
What a way to to show off all the amazing colors and textures of Core’dinations cardstock. Our color families core’dinate in each line so you can mix and match them easily.
Here is a little bit about this layout from Vicki:
What better way to celebrate a day of love with a fabulous class???
Speaking of classes! OUR BRAND NEW CORE TEACHER PAGE is up! How cool is that? Make sure you check it out because we have an amazing team of teachers that will design classes just for you! What is a Core Teacher exactly? Well, they can design classes just for you! If you are a retailer wanting to do a Core Class but not sure how to get started or just need an idea this fabulous team is just for YOU. Stay tuned for more projects from them on our site under the
We have a special treat for you today from Design Team Member Lydia Jackson. Lydia is teaching a class at Scrapbookin’ Adventures in Canada as a Guest Designer on February 22! Here are some sneaks for the class! I spy hearts….Tim Holtz Kraft Core….Jillibean Soup = L.O.V.E!
If you are in the area make sure you sign up. Limited seats are being offered!
WOW….these past few weeks have been a blast. We are coming to an end of our Design Team Favorite things only two more days.
From now until Christmas Eve we are showcasing our Design Team’s Favorite cardstock. Each designer picked a few of their favorite lines and created some gorgeous projects for you showcasing why they love it so much.
Then, on that day, just by commenting on that post, you have the chance to win! AND some days we might be showcasing more than one line so you need come back often.
Here is how it works:
1.) We post every day. The following day we pick a winner and then start over so keep coming back!
2.) You have all day and night to post. Yes, you heard me! You can win up until the next day when I pick a winner when I get up. We want our international fans to be able to win and they are normally sleeping now
3.) Want additional chances to win? Comment on Facebook and share the excitement on your blogs! If you share on your blog, come back here and link us up. Remember, you can do it every day for more chances to win!
WE LOVE our FACEBOOK FANS! And we do LOADS of giveaways over there, too. Make sure you like us to be able to win
4.) Please note: we will not be shipping to winners until the January due to the Holidays. Winners must email email@example.com with your name, address, phone number if international to claim prizes.
Now who wants some winners???? We have TWO winners to announce from yesterday.
The MME Core Impressions winner is………….
What an adorable card! I’d love to get that or give it! (mostly get!!!) Thanks for the chance to win!
The BasicGrey Whimsy Core Impressions is ………………………..
Maryann W. says:
Great inspiration for using great product lines.
Before we get started with today’s inspiration…..I wanted to point something out. Did you know we have a Hot Topics section?
We post projects here that we don’t put on the blog or Facebook including our Core Teachers series! So make sure you check that part of our website out, too!
So today is all about our Vintage Cardstock. Seriously, our Vintage Cardstock is gorgeous…gorgeous. It is unlike any other cardstock!
Design Team Member Shaunte Wadley is up again with a gorgeous project for you today.
After seeing this layout I can’t imagine you not running to your local retailer asking for some of this! And the stars add the perfect touch of glam for this rockstar, don’t you think? Shaunte used our Core Couture cardstock for them. Perfect!
Dies used in this layout are from Lifestyle Crafts.
Did you know that Core’dinations has three amazing teachers? This wonderful team of industry leading designers will be creating quarterly classes JUST for the Core blog and your inspiration!
We are working on an exclusive section of our website just for them so stay tuned for more details on that SOON!
Today have a gorgeous candle created by Core Teacher Cari Locken. For more of Cari’s projects check out her blog here. This would make a gorgeous housewarming present over the holidays. You can use this color palette or even change it up with some reds and greens for Christmas or an color palette for that special occasion.
Instructions for “Fall is in the Air” Candle Decoration
Core’dination Colorcore cardstock:
Brownie 1440 CD040
Coconut Cream 1380 C020
Cardinal 420 OG020
Tank 430 OG030
Stylus (or scoring board)
Cricut Expressions or die-cut machine
Mickey & Friends & Stretch Your Imagination cartridges
Adhesives (tape runner, double sided tape, pop dots)
Step 1: Base
1. Cut a piece of Heritage Kraft to 2 1/2”x 10”. Run the cardstock through your Fiskars paper crimper so that the lines are going vertical when it is put on the candle.
3. Wrap around the candle and adhere it place (the ends will overlap slighty).
Step 2: Label strips
1. Cut two small strips of Brownie to approx. 3/8” x 12”.
2. Place a strip of cardstock through the Dymo Labeler and “type” the words that you want on your strips of cardstock. Repeat this process with the other strip of cardstock.
4. Adhere one strip along the top edge of the base and the other strip along the bottom edge of the base. Trim ends as necessary
Step 3: Creating the leaves and acorns
1. Using the Cricut Expression (or other die-cut machine) and the Mickey Mouse & Friends cartridge cut leaves like this:
<chip-s> Shadow:Base/Icon @ 2 1/2” from Cardinal 2 times.
<chip-s> Shadow:Base/Icon @ 2 1/2” from Tank 2 times.3.
<chip-s> Shadow:Base/Icon @ 2 1/2” from Autumn 2 times.
<Squirl> Layers @ 1 1/2” from Coconut Cream and then again from Brownie.
and repeat again two more times at 1” from Coconut Cream & Brownie.
2. Now cut the acorns using Stretch Your Imagination cartridge:
3. Take the leaves and use a stylus and the cutting channel of your paper trimmer (or a scoreboard) and make some scored lines on the backside of the cardstock resembling the “veins” on the leaves.
4. Carefully sand the embossed lines with a Sand it Gadget and clean off with the Dust Buddy.
Step 4: Assembly
1. Cluster the leaves together in groups of 3 and adhere to the base of the candle. One near the top and one cluster near the bottom edge.
2. Tie some string around the upper edge of the base cardstock (just below the word strip).
3. Adhere the acorns in a cluster in the center of the leaves and use a pop dot to adhere the larger one.
And one more shot of the finished project…