Decorate for Summer with a fun banner like this one from Tracy Gruber.
Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder, Lawn Fawn Year stamp set
Rich Cocoa Memento Ink, Create A Critter and Alphalicious Cricut cartridges
Foam Squares, Misc. Ribbon
1. Cut 5×5 inch squares from Core Essentials cardstock. Round the corners with a We R Memory Keepers ¼’’ Corner Chomper.
2. Cut the letters from the Alphalicious Cricut cartridge at 3 ¾’’ plus the shadow. Cut the palm trees from the Create A Critter Cricut cartridge, also at 3 ¾.” I used the flip button for one of them, so they are faced different directions.
3. Tear pieces of Core Essentials cardstock for the sandy beach and the water and attach to the squares. Core Tip: Tear different colors of our blue Core Essentials cardstock to create waves. With five different color families that gives you 20 different blues to choose from.
4. Emboss the letters and the palm trees with the Cuttlebug Swiss Dots embossing folder and sand with the Sand It Gadget.
5. Attach the letters and palm trees to the squares with foam squares.
6. Tie each of the squares together with ribbon.
7. Stamp the dots onto each “sand piece” with Rich Cocoa Memento Ink. This helps define the sand a little more.
June 15, 2013 by Ellen
Filed under Core Blog, May Arts Ribbon, Sizzix, Spellbinders, Tim Holtz, Tim Holtz & Ranger Adirondack Collection, Tim Holtz & Ranger Collection, Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress collection
So I was going through some blog posts looking for something and found this project from Ava Gavloski that never posted! This is such a gorgeous idea for that special graduate in your life! I have a freind going to a graduation party this week so hoping we aren’t too late for you.
Here’s what Ava has to say about creating this awesome project:
Are you getting ready for that Graduation Party? Plan ahead and check out your Core’dinations Cardstock to see if you have some color tones that will match the school colors. Try the de-embossed look to your front card panel, sanding lightly give the card a vintage feel. To stamp a clear image on the glitter paper, ink your stamp, lay your stamp face up and then lay your paper onto the stamp and gentle rub your glitter cardstock over the inked stamp image. This technique should give you a clear impression of your image on the glitter cardstock. This card design allows you to use up small bits and pieces from your core stash with the baner and star embellishments.
Dust off that crimper, find some embossing folders that speak to you and get creative with a few layers of your favorite Core’dinations cardstock. Layers are the secret to volume and a feel good texture. So, join me and make that gift bag with layers of Core cardstock that will be a wow the gift presentation.
Here are some detail shots on the gift bag:
And the fun centerpiece! Love how that Core Couture shines!
Happy Monday! Did you have a great weekend? We sure did!
Make sure you check out the full list of winners HERE. We are back for another fun week of intros and giveaways!
First up we have our winner from Friday of the Tim Holtz Kraft Core….
Very cute L/O. I love the added layers and the feather. Thanks for the chance to win. tfs Tami
Today we are introducing Heather Kaesgen!
My name is Heather Kaesgen; I am a proud stay at home mom of 2 boys Parker (13) & Hayden (8). They keep me very busy with all of their activities. You can find us at a baseball field 6 nights a week from April – August. Thank God I love baseball! I have been married almost 15 years to the greatest husband and father I could have ever of wished for. I am very blessed to be able to stay at home and play in my craft room daily. I am always making something. Whether it is for a party, a card, for the house or scrapbooking, I always have a project in the works. My passion is scrapbooking; there is nothing more precious than to see your family on a beautifully decorated page. We LOVE to travel as a family. We spent 3 weeks in Europe last summer – can you imagine those pictures!? My favorite place in the world is Paris (and the Outer Banks and Disney and Out West, get it LOVE to travel). We are starting a lofty goal of visiting every Major League Ballpark, all 32 of them, in the next 5 years! Did I mention we LOVE baseball. I can’t wait to start that scrapbook!
And about Heather’s layout…she is passionate about traveling so that is what she created for you today! A layout about her travels:
Today we are giving away some Pastel Cardstock! The colors in this pack are gorgeous, don’t you think?
As you may have noticed…we, okay me, LOL….have been really ready for Spring around here. My daffodils are almost ready to bloom which means it won’t be long now.
And nothing screams Spring like birds! This monogram door hanger was featured in August 2012 Cricut Magazine…isn’t it gorgeous??!?!?!?!? Andrea works that Cricut for sure!
Love love all the glittery accents!