Spring is in the air! And of course, that means baskets filled with treats! I began working on this project, and really didn’t mean to make an Easter Basket, but since it’s that time of year, that’s exactly how mine turned out. But this simple creation could be used for any occasion, depending on your color scheme and decorations. Have you ever noticed that Core’dinations paper pads are grouped into colors that work great together? I used the Pastel Collection – which is perfect for Spring, but there are also the Brights, Darks and Neutral collections. I love having the papers that I need at my fingertips.
Spring Basket Supplies:
- Core Essentials Pastels
- Sand It Gadget
- Darice Embossing Folder – Paisley Background
- Crafter’s Companion Sweet Treats Embossing Board – Sweet Things
- May Arts Ribbon
- CTMH Scalloped Punch
Step 1. Using the embossing board template, score the container design twice.
Step 2. Cut out the design with scissors.
Step 3. Score and fold.
Step 4. Assemble with double-sided tape.
Step 5. Cut four smaller panels to decorate the basket.
Step 6. Emboss using the folder.
Step 7. Sand the design to reveal the color core.
Step 8. Add a strip of paper for the handle. Decorate the basket as shown.
Hope your spring is filled with sweet memories!
Tami Mayberry here with you today to share another project made possible with great Core’dinations products. I began with a simple message center that just needed painting and then dressed it up using a variety of elements created with Core’dinations products.
Message Board Supplies:
- Core’dinations Brights Assortment Pack
- Core’dinations Core Basics smooth white cardstock
- Core’dinations Party Mixers Paper Pops-Brights
- Darice Chicken Wire Frame/Chalkboard
- Darice 35mm Silver Alligator Hair Clips
- Darice ID Badge Holder with Clip
- Darice white alphabet stickers
- DecoArt Americana Decor Legacy chalk paint
- Sizzix Triplits Banner dies
- Sizzix Big Shot die-cutting machine
- Small flower punch
- Mini brads
- Self-adhesive rhinestones
- Paint bruch
- Painters tape
- Scrapbook adhesives by 3L®: 3D foam squares
- Scor-Pal double-sided tape
Tip: Use Core’dinations cardstocks from the same Assortment Pack for a perfectly coordinated display of colors.
Step 1: Mask off chalkboard and wire areas of board.
Step 2: Paint with desired color of chalk paint; let dry.
Step 3: Remove tape and decorate!!
March Banner Instructions:
Step 1: Die-cut five banner pieces from both orange and turquoise cardstock for a total of 10 die-cut pieces.
Step 2: Attach twine to back banner section using double-sided tape.
Step 3: Attach front of banner section. Curl bottom slightly; add alphabet sticker. Repeat steps 1-3 for each banner piece alternating front/back colors.
Step 4: Thread twine through hole in alligator clip; tie in a knot.
Step 5: Attach Party Mixers Bright Paper Pop using adhesive dot. Repeat on other end of banner.
Badge Holder Clip Birthday Reminder Instructions
Step 1: Remove clip from holder. Thread through chicken wore creating a large clip.
Step 2: Cut a 3 x 2-inch piece from pink cardstock; adhere to turquoise cardstock; trim a small border**.
Step 3: Trim a small piece from smooth white cardstock; adhere to panel.
Step 4: Attach birthday themed Party Mixers Bright Paper Pop using adhesive foam square.
Step 5: Write birthday reminders for the month onto panel.
Below is the before photo of the badge holder. The pouch can be kept for future projects. If you want your card or note protected, you can leave the pouch in place and simply clip the holder to the wire instead of looping it through. I like to loop mine through so that it doesn’t have to be removed from the board to add or remove a note.
Flower Alligator Clips
Step 1: Punch three flowers from desired cardstock**
Step 2: Pierce holes in flowers centers; layer and insert brad.
Step 3: Insert ends of brad through hole in clip; fold open to secure flowers to clip.
And there you have it! A quick and easy project that can be customized to dress up any decor.
Hi all! Tami Mayberry here with you today. I am super excited about the arrival of my first grandchild next month. That being said, when it comes to creating I have went into “baby on the brain” mode. So, today I have a quick and easy embossed baby card that I created using a Core’dinations A2 kraft card base.
Embossed Baby Card Supplies:
- Core’dinations Core Essentials Pastel cardstock pack (pink)
- Core’dinations kraft Deco-Edge A2 cards
- Darice® 4.25 x 5.75 Embossing Folder: Baby Clothes on Line
- Darice pink dot washi tape
- White self-adhesive pearls
- Lawn Fawn Plus One stamp set
- Clearsnap black ink pad
- Sizzix Big Shot die-cutting machines
- Scor-Pal scoring board
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L® EZ Runer
Step 1: Begin with your choice of pre-made card bases from the Deco-Edge A2 Cards.
Step 2: Place card front inside embossing folder, as shown below, aligning the ends of the line with the top and left edges.
Step 3: Emboss image onto card front.
Step 4: Score 3 lines above decorate edge spaced 1/8-inch apart. Adhere a thin border cut from pink cardstock; embellish with pearls.
Step 5: Cut a 5.5 x 4.25-inch piece from pink cardstock. Adhere to inside panel of card. Stamp sentiment; attach Washi Tape.
Hi all! Tami Mayberry here with you today to share a quick and easy gift idea that can be customized for any occasion or recipient. I began with a Design-A-Mug kit and replaced the included liner with a custom insert created with Core’dinations patterned paper and cardstocks. The possibilities are endless!
Custom Mug Supplies:
- Core’dinations Core Essential Brights 12 x 12 cardstock
- Core’dinations Teal Stripe patterned paper (#GX-2300-63)
- Darice Design-A-Mug Kit
- Sizzix Dies: Sizzlits Decorative Strip Die – Scallops #2 (#660270), Bigz Alphabet Set 4 Dies – Fresh Blossoms Alphabet (#659963), Originals Die – Hearts #3 (#660273)
- Sizzix Big Shot die-cutting machine
- Scrapbook Adhesives by 3L®: EZ Runner, Adhesive Sheets
Step 1: Trim patterned paper to the same size as supplied mug liner.
Step 2: Die-cut two 12-inch scalloped border shapes from Atoll Aqua color cardstock.
Step 3: Die-cut “MOM” from Heartfelt cardstock and heart from Love Potion cardstock. Adhere die-cut pieces to patterned paper liner.
Step 4: Insert customized liner into mug and replace inner liner.