Spellbinder’s Dies – foliage S4-328 and Aster Flower Topper S5-102
My Mind’s Eye Brad
Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
Cuttlebug Embossing Machine
Debbie Stadard here with an easy step-by-step on how to create a festive gift bag and tag for the that next big day of yours! Don’t be afraid to emboss that Glitter Silk. It looks amazing!
1. First off pick a little box – as you can see I have had this one awhile but that’s ok – I’m covering it. Using the wrong side of your paper mark the bottom of the box and the top of the box and cut out. The great thing about Glitter Silk is that the back is white so it’s easy to make lines. Then cut a smaller piece to fit in the bottom of the box.
2. Now glue all the pieces to the box.
3. Measure around the box and the height of the bottom of the box and cut. Glue to sides holding to get a tight fit. If you have to cut a second strip it’s easier to cut one side and then piece it that way.
4. Do the same thing for the top of the box.
5. Now because I didn’t want my seam to show on to I used these pearls from Paper Studios. They worked well on here because they are all attached in one long line so you can do an entire side at one time.
6. Then I used a Spellbinder’s die to cut my flower and leaves and embossed the them. I used my Xyron 250 to run the leaves through and attach to the top of the box and then some Glue dots to add the flower after I added a brad.
7. Now to make my bag I used the rest of the turquoise sheet. I embossed it (you don’t sand Glitter Silk due to the glitter finish) and attached it and another embossed purple strip. Then I made a banner sentiment using the green and layering it with some turquoise and added a David Tutera Sentiment.
8. Tie a festive bow to the top and you have a great gift set!
It is no surprise here that we love our Authentique papers! Today Jennifer Edwardson has whipped up some amazing cards for your inspiration. See what you can do with some David Tutera Celebrate Cardmaking system pieces and some gorgeous patterned paper? You can whip up TONS of cards is a short amount of time because all of the cardbases are premade, scored and folded for you. So make sure you check out Step 1 HERE.
I love giving sets of gift cards for birthdays, thank you and hostess gifts so when I saw the cellection of Authentique product I got to work with I knew it would be perfect for this !!
The colors in ‘Be(you)tiful’ are gorgeous and they work so well with the Core’dinations cardstock. I started all my cards using David Tutera Celebrate card bases. I chose the pearl cardstock cards – they have become my new fave – love the shimmer !! The colors of these cards worked so well with the colors in the patterned paper ……
I chose a few complimentary pieces of cardstock and got to work. On some cards I used embossing folders on the card base and others I embossed the cardstock and sanded and layered them mixed with the Authentique papers and die cuts …… I even had twine and sentiments in my studio to match !!
I was thrilled with being able to get a gorgeous set of (8) A2 sized cards using (1) 12 x 12 die cut sheet and a few pieces of patterned paper from a 6 x 6″ pad. Add in the card bases and a few pieces of Core’dinations cardstock and ta-da!
This is a lovely gold pearl card base from the Pearls assorted pack.
And don’t be afraid to emboss those card bases!
Authentique: ‘Be(you)tiful’ 6 x 6″ paper pad and 12 x 12″ die cut sheet