The Core’dinations Glitter Silk cardstock is so sparkly and perfect for a baby girl card!
First up we have a card from Tracy Gruber:
Core’dinations 110 lb. Smooth White, Martha Stewart Lace border punch
May Arts Ribbon, Lawn Fawn Hello Baby stamp set
Spellbinder’s Standard Circles Small
Tuxedo Black Memento Ink Pad and Marker, Various Copic Markers
1. Cut a piece of the pink Glitter Silk card stock to 4” x 5 ¼” to use as the card front.
2. Cut a strip of white and a strip of purple Glitter Silk and punch one edge with a border punch. Adhere those to the top of the pink cardstock.
4. Cut out a circle from white cardstock and add faux stitching lines around the edge with a black marker.
5. Stamp the images onto the Core’dinations 110 lb.Smooth White cardstock, color them in with Copic markers, and fussy cut them out.
6. Assemble all of the pieces onto the card, stamp the sentiment, and add May Arts ribbon to the top.
Next, we have a card AND video from Mary Pat Siehl:
I love making shaped cards. They are so much fun to make and to receive! I wanted to make a birthday card and what does every little boy and girl want on their birthdays? Balloons! So I decided to make a shaped card using a Silhouette file. I had a basic ballon that I changed and modified by adding the stars and negative space. I wanted to be “shading” on the ballon so I layerd the awesome Glitter Silk Cardstock and I just loved the effect.
Now here is a fun fact. Did you know that you can stamp directly on the Glitter Silk Cardstock. Yes, you can it is awesome! For the banner I cut it out using a die and then stamped my outline and birthday sentiment. Love the effect.
To finish off the card I added some yummy twine!
Cardstock- Glitter Silk
Paper Smooches dies and stamps
I made a video for you on how this card came about. Enjoy!
2. Adhere the cut background to a sheet of black on to Nightfall cardstock.
3. Adhere the photo and stitch perimeter with sewing machine. This helped to keep the background in place without needing to add adhesive to all of the small edges of the background. Attach eyelets to the sides of the layout then string them with bakers twine, and attach three photos to the “clothesline.”
4. Using my Silhouette, I cut the title of the page using red Glitter Silk and adhered.
5. Then I used a craft punch to make all of the heart shapes, and adhered them to the layout using pop dots. Glitter Silk cuts and punches beautifully!
Shaunte Wadley has some cute custom holiday earrings with Glittersilk and some Mod Podge, for us today!
Here is the step-out tutorial:
Using a craft punch, die-cut or electronic cutting machine- cut four small shamrock shapes. Two of the shamrocks should be cut in the opposite directions so the four shapes can be sandwiched together front to back.
Using your Xyron adhesive, adhere the shapes together.
Using a small hole punch, or a needle, create a hole where you would like the shamrock to hang.
Lay the (double sided) shamrock flat, and apply Mod Podge Dimensional Magic to entire surface of shamrock. Allow to dry fully.
Flip shamrocks over, and apply Dimensional Magic to entire surface of reverse side.
Using a needle, go through holes again (to clear out Dimensional Magic) , and insert a small jump ring into hole. Attach earring hook to jump ring.
The DImensional Magic gives the finished earring stability and the look of enamel. They are very sturdy, and do not look like paper at all .A great way to make cute seasonal earrings for every holiday for pennies.
I mean, what doesn’t scream Valentine’s Day like glitter cardstock? Well, Core’dinations has some amazing lines for you! Our Gemstones, Glitter Silk and Core Couture are the BEST glitter cardstocks out there. And don’t forget about Tim Holtz Seasonal Impressions. There are sheets in there for all those major holidays.
Let’s check out some amazing projects from Suzanna Lee!
Love is in the air! Actually love is amidst glittery and shimmering X’s and O’x on this tri-fold card! What better way to get in the mood for Valentine’s Day than with glitter and hearts?
Die: Sizzix/Stephanie Barnard
Stamp: Hampton Arts
Cut file created from Ali Edward’s brush
That day of sweet notes and sweet treats is around the corner and today I have a layout to share with you showcasing the Valentine’s paper of the Seasonal Impressions collection. I love selectively sanding the words that work with and support my layout. It’s almost like having a piece of patterned paper for a background.
Check out how cool the dots look along the letters:
And look at all that texture!
Cut Files; Layered Heart (#37620), Heart Clips (#53821, modified), Hugs, Kisses both created from Heidi Swapp brushes
Punches: Martha Stewart
Tag: Chic Tags
Twine: American Crafts
iRock and Hot Rocks: Imaginisce
With Design Team Member Debbie Standard!
Core’dination’s has so many wonderful collections to choose from it makes creating easy! I love this Pink Paisley Impression’s collection. I picked pink for my page and sanded it with my Sand it Gadget so that the embossing would stand out more. Then I used my Dust Buddy to collect the extra dust from the sanding. Next I chose a piece of the Spotted Jillian collection – attached it with my Xyron mega runner and stitched on it. I added some of the pastel Core’dination’s tags and layered it. I added a David Tutera tag on which I stamped. Then using some of the Glitter Silk collection I punched out some snowflakes and topped them with pearls and pom poms from Queen & Co. I created a little film strip along the bottom of my photos of more of the photos from the day.
Wishing someone a Happy New Year is such a great way to kick off the year! Positive thoughts for a positive start to the new year!
Kate here today to share two bright and happy New Year’s cards I made using Core’dination Cardstock.