I love working with Graphic 45 products, and I always find that I am challenged to think outside of the box – or in this case, design around the box. I started out with the G45 ATC Book Box, and decided to turn it into a Dog House that functions as a bank. Using the Raining Cats and Dogs collection got me thinking about saving for a rainy day and inspired the idea of a piggy bank.
Saving For a Rainy Day Bank Supplies:
- Graphic 45 Darks Signature Series
- Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection
- Sand It Gadget
- Raining Cats and Dogs 8 x 8 Pad
- Raining Cats and Dogs Decorative Chipboard
- Raining Cats and Dogs Banners
- Cling Stamp Raining Cats and Dogs 1
- ATC Book Box
- May Arts Ribbon: 420-09; 385-58-14
- Spellbinders Scalloped Circle Die, Grand Calibur Machine
- Mini-Scallop Border Punch
- Xyron Mega Runner
- Tsukineko Ink
- Hot Glue Gun
I constructed a roof to fit over the box ( and cut a hole to insert money). The dog house was decorated and finished with a paper umbrella, made from a scalloped circle. To access the money inside, simply untie the ribbon.
Wouldn’t this be a fun way to save up those pennies for more craft supplies?!!
Thanks for stopping by.
Ava Gavloski here today with a layout that focuses on tearing, antiquing and edge distressing our Tim Holtz & Ranger Collections of Cardstock. The Chipped Sapphire and Peach Bellini and Graphic 45 Signature Series my sunset perfctly! The great thing about Core’dinations is there are so many great colors to choose from, you can match virtually any project. If these techniques are new to you then check out Core’dinations videos for great how-to’s!
Tim Holtz & Ranger Distressed and Adirondack cardstock, Graphic 45 Signature Series Lights cardstock, Sand it Gadget and Dust Buddy. Other Supplies: Petaloo flowers, Want2Scrap, ScrapMatts chipboard, Maja Designs pattern paper, Clearsnap Ink and Helmar Adhesive.
1. Cut cardstock, pattern papers and distress edges. Sand cardstock to reveal the inner colored core.
2. Paint and ink up chipboard pieces.
3. Spray Blue Sapphaire cardstock with a mixture of water and glycerin 16.1 ratio, damp’in cardstock, crinkle outer edges, dry, sand with Sand-it-Gadget and iron to flatten page.
Tip: Use a low heat setting on your iron you to flatten out your cardstock after crumbling it.
4. Tear some embossed, sanded pieces of cardstock to give the “look” of waves and ocean sand before adhering your chipboard pieces.
5. Assemble distressed edges of pattern paper, cardstock, photo’s onto Antiqued background paper and adhere all embellishments onto layout.
Supplies: Core’dinations Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection, Graphic 45 Signature Series Darks, David Tutera Kraft Smooth Cards and Kraft Envelopes A7, Sand-It Gadget, Dust Buddy. Silhouette cut files – #48166 and #61073, Silhouette Portrait, Graphic 45 French Country Collection Montage Patterned Paper, gingham ribbon, twine, Anna Griffin Cuttlebug Circular Grid embossing folder, Big Shot, glossy accents.
Assemble sunflower, cut strip of Core’dinations Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Nostalgic Collection No.11 to create stem, adhere to card. Pinch vein lines in leaves using needle nosed tweezers and sand lightly, attach to card. See image here to create the veins for flowers. Add sunflower and sentiment. Apply glossy accents to sentiment to finish.