I love all the Core’dinations collections but one of my favorites is the Graphic 45 Signature Series. The colors are just so rich and yummy and the match perfectly to the Graphic 45 pattern papers. For my projects I made a feminine and masculine card to show the versatility of our cardstock and their patterned papers.
Feminine Sentiment Card
Feminine Sentiment Card Supplies:
- Core’dinations Graphic 45 Signature Series Lights
- raphic 45 Place in Time
- Button and Twine- Paper Trey Ink
- Stamps and Dies- Paper Smooches
- Ink- Hero Arts and Jenni Bowlin
- Darice embossing folder
- Sand It
- Dust Buddy
For this card I used the Place in Time collection. For my Cardstock I used the Signature Series Lights collection. I layered my cardstock and embossed the Robin’s Egg using a Darice embossing folder and then layered my pattern paper on top. For my sentiment I used some Paper Smooches dies and stamps.
Masculine Birthday Card
For my masculine card I used the Graphic 45 Good ol Sports collection along with my Core’dinations Signature Series Darks. I once again, I layered my cardstock and used the tearing technique at the botton of the cardstock. I then punched circles of the pattern paper and layered them on the card.
Masculine birthday card supplies:
- Graphic 45 Signature Series Darks
- Graphic 45 Good ol Sports patterned paper
- The Alley Way Stamps
- Hero Arts Ink
- Cuttlebug Embossing Folder
- Sand It
- Dust Buddy
I have a video to share with you today on how I made this card:
The color palette for the Graphic 45 Couture Collection was a perfect match for photos I just took of my daughter and her tiny pet turtle. The aqua color was an obvious choice to match the photo background- but I knew I wanted to bring the green of the turtle in as well. I decided to create a “quilt” effect, and add in the green using Core’dinations cardstock. All the patterns of the Graphic 45, and the textures of the embossed cardstock mimic the look of a quilt, and machine stitching the squares together really brought the look together.
Tiny Turtles Layout Supplies:
- Graphic 45 Couture 6×6 Patterns and Solids
- Core’dinations Core Essentials Cardstock in Crab Grass, Roasted Pepper, and Mantis
- Core’dinations Chalk Core Cardstock
- Core’dinations Core Tags in Smooth Ivory
- Baker’s Twine
- Washi Tape
- Dymo Label Maker (manual style)
- Electronic Cutting Machine
- Sewing Machine
Step 1: Select papers you would like for your layout, using a mixture of patterned papers and coordinating cardstock. and cut them into 4″x3″ pieces. Emboss and sand the cardstock pieces. Arrange the pieces out on a 12×12 sheet of cardstock, centering around a 4×6 photo. Machine stitch the perimeter of each piece.
Step 2: Using an Electronic Cutting Machine create title using Core’dinations Chalk Core. Adhere to layout.
Step 3: Using an Electronic Cutting Machine cut turtle shapes from Mantis and Crab Grass cardstock. Assemble turtles on Smooth Ivory Tags. Add Baker’s twine. Add additional embellishments to tags as desired. Adhere tags to layout.
Here is a close-up of the turtles:
Step 4: Add 3″ x 4″ photo to layout using washi tape.
Step 5 :Cut Chalk Core cardstock into strips to fit a manual Dymo Label Maker (pictured). Create journaling strips. Sand strips. Adhere to layout.
Today I have a Clean & Simple layout for you showcasing our Graphic 45 Signature Series collection and how well it goes with Graphic 45 papers!
- Graphic 45 By The Sea 8×8 paper pad
- Graphic 45 Darks Signature Series Collection
- Sand It Gadget
- Dust Buddy
- Darice Stars Asst. embossing folder
- Studio Calico Wood Veneer Stars
Step 1. Cut 2″ x 2″ squares from the Graphic 45 By The Sea 8×8 paper pad and the Core’dinations Graphic 45 Darks paper pad. Then, cut the squares in half diagonally to create triangles.
Step 2. Emboss the Core’dinations triangles with the Darice Stars Asst. embossing folder and sand with the Sand It Gadget.
Core Tip: You don’t always need to sand Core’dinations Cardstock! For this layout, I used the Heritage Kraft “as is” and didn’t sand it. Looks great like that for my layout base!
Step 3. Piece together the triangles to your liking.
Step 4. Adhere the wood veneer stars and add journaling.
Mary Pat Siehl here with you today and I am excited to share a new Back to School layout using some Core’dinations cardstock.
Cardstock-Core’dinations (Core Impressions Jillibean Soup, Graphic 45 Signature Series, Core Essentials, 110lb. smooth)
Canvas Embellishments- Little Yellow Bicycle
Spectrum Noir markers
Sand It Gadget
Lawn Fawn dies
Cuttlebug embossing folder
1. I love to layer my cardstock and so I decided to layer grey on top of light blue. I wanted to create a light chalkboard effect with the grey so I scored my grey cardstock with a scoring board and scored at the 1/2 inch line all around the paper. Then just sanded the paper pretty heavily to really expose the lighter inner core.
3. I then took a piece of the Core’dinations Jillibean Soup Impression paper and sanded it and placed that on top of the blue piece. If you don’t have Core Impressions you could easily emboss another sheet.
4. Next I added a small strip of yellow and added that on top. (Again, I LOVE to layer my paper with different textures and designs.)
5. Add photos.
6. Make a star embellishments using die cuts, embossing them using an embossing folder, and lightly sanded them.
I also have this video for you on how this layout came together.
Clare Buswell here today sharing some cards for you for the upcoming summer wedding season. I tried to play with a white-on-white color palette with some splashes of color. You can easily interchange any color you want for the theme of the wedding, too. ENJOY!
Step 2: Tearing Core’dinations Cardstock for a distressed edge is my favorite technique. Here I used Tim Holtz and Ranger Distress Collection, Fire Brick Red Cardstock.
Step 3: I Heat embossed a sentiment in black ink and stamped my star’s in Red, Clearsnap Colorbox Ink.
Step 4: Layer the label die cuts with foam squares from Tombow, add some rhinestones and a bow and you are done!
May Arts Ribbon
Spellbinders label 8 dies
Clearsnap Colorbox Ink