We are here with Day FOUR of our week with Simple Stories!
Make sure you head over to the Simple Stories blog to check out the gorgeous projects their team created for this week. We have been working with the Harvest Lane and Handmade Holiday collections this week. You will LOVE them and you MUST check them out HERE! First up we have some cards for you today.
Today we are up with Designer Andrea Amu. She has this neat Primitive Tree that she decorates for all the seasons and she is sharing that with us today. Here is a little bit about it from her:
I chose to design some simple, but oh so cute and festive ornies to decorate my Primitive tree for the Christmas season!
These were all cut out from patterned paper designs included in the 6×6 Handmade Holidays Paper Pad, and the shapes were
all cut using the Cricut Gingerbread cartridge. Here I was able to cut out 4 of each 2 3/4″ shape per sheet design.
I embellished some of the areas of each shape with some Diamond Dust glass glitter and I attached hanger loops to each with 2 ply jute twine from Darice.
Bakers twine adorned with a small jingle bell were also tied onto each “ornament” and “snow beanie” shape for an extra festive touch!
Did you know that Core’dinations has a three amazing teachers that will design classes specifically for your store?
We sure do! And today we have one of those talented ladies sharing some holiday inspiration for you.
So if you are looking for some GREAT holiday gift giving ideas, you are in the right place.
Kimber McGray, one of our talented Core Teachers, created this Holiday wine topper for us today. This is SUPER easy and totally festive. She used a mix of Core products including Tim Holtz Kraft Core and Gemstones (in opal) for the base. Notice the faux stitching along the edges?
Speaking of Tim Holtz Kraft-Core…… CLICK HERE for our HUGE giveaway!!!
You could easily create these for your Holiday parties this December! Make a wreath, cut out some snowflakes…sky is the limit!
And here is a close-up for you….
1. Using the Silhouette die-cutting machine, cut a 3”x 7 1/2” bottle hanger from Vanilla Cream Core Essentials Cardstock. Faux stitch around the edges with a black pen.
2. Using the Silhouette die-cutting machine, cut a4” x 2” leaf from No 11 (green) Tim Holtz Kraft Core cardstock. Adhere to the bottle hanger and tie a 6” piece of twine around the stem.
3. Cut a 6” x 1 3/4” piece of No 6 (yellow) Tim Holtz Kraft Core cardstock. With scissors, trim ‘V’s’ on each end. Adhere to the bottle hanger below the leaf.
4. Adhere alphas to spell ‘THANKS’ on the yellow banner.
How fun is this card? This would be great with some holly or circles to make a wreath for Christmas. The great thing about these classes are that the are super versatile. You can make them our own and reuse the ideas OVER and OVER again!
1. Cut the Vanilla Cream cardstock to 5 1/2” x 8” and fold in half to create a 5 1/2” x 4 1/4” card base.
2. Place the front of the card in the embossing folder and run through the Cuttlebug to press the design on the cardstock.
3. Create the picture frame from a 3 1/4” x 4” piece of Snowflake cardstock. Cut out a 2 1/2” x 2 1/2” square from the upper portion and discard. Wrap a 24” piece of twine around the picture frame a few times and tie into a bow. Adhere to the front of the card on an angle.
4. Using the Silhouette die-cutting machine, cut a different shaped leaves approx. 1 1/2” from No 6, No 7, & No 11 (yellow, orange & green) Tim Holtz Kraft Core cardstock. Adhere to the center of the picture frame to form a wreath shape. Add a few gems to the leaves.
5. Add the brown mini alpha stickers to the picture frame to spell out your sentiment
Stay tuned for our Core Teacher page on the website soon!