Thanksgiving is always a great time to get together with family and friends and celebrate the blessings in our lives. And like any fun gathering, food is always involved. Some recipes become yearly traditions, while others are soon forgotten. Why not organize your recipes with a seasonal mini album? It’s easy to add or remove recipe from year to year – and to help make planning the feast a little easier. This keepsake would also make a wonderful hostess gift, if you aren’t the one doing all of the cooking.
Thanksgiving Mini Recipe Book Supplies:
- Tim Holtz Kraft Core Nostalgic Collection
- Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Seasonal Impressions
- Tim Holtz Kraft-Core Shattered Collection
- Black Magic Collection
- Canvas Textured Tags White Assorted
- Canvas Textured Tags Brights Assorted Sandable
- Sand-It Gadget
- Darice Embossing Folder – Foliage
- Darice Embossing Folder- Fall Leaf Background
- Darice Washi Tape – Black
- Darice Washi Tape- Music Notes
- Clear Scraps Mini Album
- Cottage Cutz Die – Acorn Leaf Vine
- May Arts Ribbon: SM-33, 419-16, KBB-33
- Hampton Art Stamps – Recipes SC0519
- Fun Stampers Journey – Give Thanks Stamp Set
- Xyron 9″ Creative Station
- Imagine Crafts/Tsukeniko Inks
Step 1. Cover pages of the mini-album with papers of your choice.
Step 2. Sand areas of embossing with Sand-It Gadget to expose the color core.
Step 3. Decorate the pages as desired.
Thanks for stopping by – I hope that you have been inspired to create your own recipe book to treasure your families memories.
Today is our last day with Graphic 45 but that doesn’t mean that you won’t see more Graphic goodness here in the future. Don’t forget that we have one of these awesome packs for grabs, too! Our Signature Series Cardstock...it’s FabUlous! In the past we have teamed up with Graphic 45 for our Core Impressions and this past summer we debuted the Signature Series. Now you can get the gorgeous Graphic 45 designs on our cardstock AND their “signature” colors! So if you have loads of Graphic 45 sitting at home waiting to be used, this pack of cardstock will match perfectly.
AND of course we are giving one away here!!! Make sure you head over to the Graphic 45 Blog for more chances to win!
AND we always do a little something over on our Facebook page, too, so make sure you check in there often. Graphic 45 has a Facebook page so make sure you go over there and tell them how much you looooove them :):):)
We have some amazing altered pieces for you today.
First up is an album AND matching frame set from Design Team Member Char Dobson. LOVE how these ladies worked the metal door plates from Graphic 45 Staples collection!!!! LOOK at all that Graphic 45 Core Impressions Timeless collection! We love how our Cardstock looks with shine so Char used some Maya Mist …looks gorgeous, don’t you think?
Here are some details on the album. The album is Graphic 45. These premade Policy Envelopes from the Staples collection make creating minis so easy!!!! Char used Glue Arts and Helmar Adhesives to help create this gorgeous mini,too.
AND a printer’s tray with Designer April Derrick. The details are amazing.
April die cut out the treasures title using the Graphic 45 Signature Series cardstock and then applied glossy accents to the top so when it dried it has a 3-d effect.
Them April took the metal flowers from Graphic 45 Staples collection and ran them through the Cuttlebug and embossed them, then painted them with some Tattered Angels silver metallic glimmer glaze! And add some Petaloo flowers. Love them in black.
Today’s Tutorial is from Design Team Member Kim Jefress…..
AND she used Septembers Colour Inspiration Challenge!
MY COLOUR BOOK
My two year old son is having trouble remembering his colours. I decided to make a mini album for him using some Core’dinations cardstock, embossing folders and chipboard.
1.Choose a pre made mini album, measure the size of each page and then cut your CORE cardstock in your chosen colours to size. Mark with a pencil where the holes are and using a hole punch, punch some holes for the rings to thread through.
2. From the same sheets of coloured cardstock, cut pieces to fit into embossing folders you have, then emboss each coloured card with a different folder.
3.Using your sand it tool or sand paper, sand the embossed design on each piece of embossed cardstock.
4.Cover your album with PVA glue or craft glue and lay down your cardstock pieces from step 1. Smooth out with your fingers.
5. Now glue down your co ordinating embossed pieces the same way.
6. Choose some chipboard pieces and decorate each one to suit the colours of your pages. I have used, glimmer mist, paint, glitter and ink.
7. Using strong adhesive glue the chipboard onto each page, Type or write out a matching sentence for each colour, print trim and add to each page.
8. Use buttons and letter stickers to create your cover and then put your book together and you are done!
Here are some of the inside pages….GORGEOUS!!!!
And here are Kim’s cuties looking at this amazing book!