David Tutera Celebrate A2 Assorted Patterned Bold Cards & Envelopes
David Tutera Celebrate Happy Birthday Layered Sentiments
David Tutera CelebrateBaby Girl Embellishment Kit
Core Essentials: French Roast, Izmir Purple
Spotted Jillian Dot: Snowflake
Sand It Gadget
Other: Xyron and American Crafts adhesive
I don’t know about you but the end of school is right around the corner for us and I am looking for some ideas for my children’s teachers. If you are, to0, then this is the place for you!
Today we have a cute gift bag and mini card from Shaunte Wadley.
Using an electronic cutting machine, cut a scalloped border medallion shape from yellow cardstock. Fold and glue shape. Adhere to small kraft gift bag.
Using a 2 3/4″ circle punch, cut a circle from blue cardstock. Emboss with swirls embossing folder. Sand. Adhere to center of yellow medallion.
Using an electronic cutting machine, cut four (4) 2″ apple shapes from red cardstock. Fold each apple in half. Adhere apples back to back, and attach to center of blue cardstock circle. Add brown cardstock stem. Using a craft punch, create two leaves from green cardstock. Fold in half. Sand. Adhere to apple top.
Using a craft punch, create scalloped circle from yellow cardstock. Adhere to center of label shaped mini card. Using a craft punch, create a circle from blue cardstock. Sand. Adhere to center of yellow circle. Computer generate sentiment. Trim ends into pennant shape. Adhere to bottom of circle. Using a craft punch, create apple from red cardtstock. Add to top of circle. Using a craft punch, create leaves from green cardstock. Add to apple. Adhere red gems to bottom of circle.
Core Essentials in Dandelion (yellow)
Core Essentials in Marine Blue (blue) embossed with Swirls embossing folder
Vintage in Ruby (red)
Jillian Spotted in Parsley (green)
David Tutera Mini Card (Label Shape)
2) Keeping the titlework on the adhesive backing, sand the Core’dinations Cardstock with Sand It Gadget until the color core shows.
3) Using your Dust Buddy, dust the sanded titlework.
4) Add any liquid you may use to enhance the color core to your title work before taking the titlework off the adhesive backing.
The pinwheels are cut out of Core’dinations Jillian Spotted Collection. This fun dotted collection is just perfect for the whimsical pinwheels.
Being one not to waste good negatives, I made two cards out of the titlework negatives.
With Core’dinations, it’s all about the technique! The beauty of Core’dinations IS, the core. The core of the paper, getting to the core of the matter. You can do so much with it!
Emboss it, crimp it, sand it and run it through your label machine it! These are the things I have done on this layout. If you haven’t already visited, be sure to check out the technique videos on the Core blog. There are many more techniques to see there too!
Crimp it! Running your Core’dinations cardstock through a crimper with some sanding provides not only a neat texture but a striped effect depending upon the color core you reveal with your sanding.
Sand it! I used the Spotted Tillie cardstock to create my own Lego bricks! Cut each brick to size using your paper trimmer and sand! Dead easy!!
Label it! I created the sub title of my layout by running an appropriate sized strip of cardstock through my label maker and sanded it! Simple yet so effective!
- Signature Series Lights Graphic 45 – Lemon Chiffon, Precious Pink, Vintage Rode, Spring Green, Creme Brulee, Robin’s EggTim Holtz & Ranger Distress Collection – Stormy Sky
- Sand It Gadget & Dust Buddy
- David Tutera Celebrate White Card Base
- Misc: Jillibean Soup ‘hello’ sentiment sticker
- Spotted Tillie Dot – Snowflake
- Spotted Jillian Dot – Vanilla Creme
- Core Essentials – Nightfall
- Tim Holtz Kraft Core Nostalgic Collection – No. 6
- Core Essentials – French Roast, Vanilla Creme
- Tim Holtz & Ranger Distress Collection – Bundled Sage, Forest Moss, Peeled Paint
- Sand It Gadget & Dust Buddy
- Misc: American Crafts Thickers, Jillibean Soup Alphabeans