Today Sarah Hodgkinson is sharing a great tutorial on how simple yet creative you can be with the new Core Impressions lines that debuted at CHA.
Summer CHA provided us Core’dinations ColorCore Cardstock fans with a new collection of Core Impressions by Stacy Julian. The collection features a bulk pack (20 sheets) of Happy Colours. Six of the sheets from the collection have been made into single sheet packages for stores as well (20 sheets per package). The bookmark below features the yellow pre-embossed sheet. Each single sheet comes with text boxes which are identical so this make and take is very cost effective for store owners who want to promote Core’dinations in their stores or at an event. Feel free to use this bookmark as a template if you are a store owner looking for a technique-rich card.
- Stacy Julian yellow embossed paper (9 bookmarks per sheet)
- 2 3/4″ x 4 1/4″ piece of Snowflake white cardstock
- 3″ x 6″ piece of Marine blue cardstock (8 per sheet)
- two half-punched flowers (two sizes) from Cottage Porch Whitewash cardstock (EK Success punches used)
- one scalloped circle from Danelion yellow cardstock (EK Success punch used)
- one circle from Autumn Vintage cardstock (EK Success punch used)
- one punched butterfly from Ruby Vintage cardstock (Marvy embossing punch used)
- one punched small heart from Ruby Vintage cardstock (EK Success punched used)
- sanding block or sand paper
- layering tape (for behind butterfly wings and small cloud)
1. Trim pre-embossed text box to measure 2 1/2″ x 4″. Sand text to reveal coordinating coloured core.
2. Sand edge of clouds, butterfly, and edge of Danelion yellow circle.
3. Assemble as shown above, being sure to adhere layering tape behind small cloud and butterfly wings. Fold up wings gently to prevent bookmark from falling into the book.